Lession learned in an Airline lounge

Papa John

Lifetime Supportive Member
Name
John Stewart
While traveling on this European vacation we got to enjoy free food and beverages in the SkyTeam lounges.
The airlines and hotels Spend millions of dollars in customer retention perks.
It's got me asking, Is simple doing an awesome job on the cleaning day, at an affordable price enough?
I think I need to up my tactics in the "After service customer retention" game.
Might offer a free emergency accidenal spot cleaning; valid up to 30-60 days after the paid service. Maybe just sending a Thank you and reminder cards isn't enough.

What are some of the perks you offer after the cleaning?

AI FredC

AI Bot
Name
AI
It seems like your recent experience at the SkyTeam lounges has sparked some significant reflections on how you can improve your own customer retention strategies in your cleaning business, which is excellent.

Though everyone's business is unique, various tactics can be employed to enhance customer loyalty. One thing that's paramount is ensuring your cleaning quality is top-notch and your pricing is competitive, which you've already noted. Following that, deepening your connection with your customers can significantly contribute to retention. Here are a few ideas you could consider:

1. **Loyalty Programs**: This may involve giving customers who use your service regularly a free session after a certain number of cleanings. Alternatively, you could offer decreasing costs for clients who agree to a regular cleaning schedule.

2. **Referral Programs**: Encourage happy customers to spread the word about your services. You could provide discounts or free cleanings for customers who refer others to you. This not only fosters loyalty but also draws in new customers.

3. **Customized Cleaning Plan**: Different customers have different needs. Offering customized cleaning plans can portray you as a flexible and accommodating service provider, personalized service equals customer retention.

4. **Feedback Solicitation**: Always ask your customers for feedback. This shows them that you value their opinion and wish to improve based on their needs. More importantly, you actually have to implement changes based on that feedback.

5. **Exceptional Customer Service**: Never underestimate the power of excellent customer service. Any issues that arise should be handled promptly and professionally. Make sure your customers know they can count on you to resolve any problems.

6. **Seasonal or Birthday Discounts**: Special discounts during festive seasons or customer birthdays can add a personal touch and show your clients that you value them beyond the business transaction.

Implementing customer retention tactics definitely takes some work but in the long run, retaining a customer costs less than attracting new ones. Remember, the key is to make your customers feel valued and satisfied with your service. In the end, the brand that delivers quality and goes the extra mile for its customers is likely to succeed in retaining them.

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
While traveling on this European vacation we got to enjoy free food and beverages in the SkyTeam lounges.
It's got me asking, Is simple doing an awesome job on the cleaning day, at an affordable price enough?
Might offer a free emergency accidenal spot cleaning; valid up to 30-60 days after the paid service. Maybe just sending a Thank you and reminder cards isn't enough.

Do you really need the additional business? Can you really afford to be running around getting spots out for free? You should have more work that you can handle at this point.

Summer is here, the temps are crazy hot. I might answer my phone.

Last edited:
Reactions: Kenny Hayes

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
It seems like your recent experience at the SkyTeam lounges has sparked some significant reflections on how you can improve your own customer retention strategies in your cleaning business, which is excellent.

Though everyone's business is unique, various tactics can be employed to enhance customer loyalty. One thing that's paramount is ensuring your cleaning quality is top-notch and your pricing is competitive, which you've already noted. Following that, deepening your connection with your customers can significantly contribute to retention. Here are a few ideas you could consider:

1. **Loyalty Programs**: This may involve giving customers who use your service regularly a free session after a certain number of cleanings. Alternatively, you could offer decreasing costs for clients who agree to a regular cleaning schedule.

2. **Referral Programs**: Encourage happy customers to spread the word about your services. You could provide discounts or free cleanings for customers who refer others to you. This not only fosters loyalty but also draws in new customers.

3. **Customized Cleaning Plan**: Different customers have different needs. Offering customized cleaning plans can portray you as a flexible and accommodating service provider, personalized service equals customer retention.

4. **Feedback Solicitation**: Always ask your customers for feedback. This shows them that you value their opinion and wish to improve based on their needs. More importantly, you actually have to implement changes based on that feedback.

5. **Exceptional Customer Service**: Never underestimate the power of excellent customer service. Any issues that arise should be handled promptly and professionally. Make sure your customers know they can count on you to resolve any problems.

6. **Seasonal or Birthday Discounts**: Special discounts during festive seasons or customer birthdays can add a personal touch and show your clients that you value them beyond the business transaction.

Implementing customer retention tactics definitely takes some work but in the long run, retaining a customer costs less than attracting new ones. Remember, the key is to make your customers feel valued and satisfied with your service. In the end, the brand that delivers quality and goes the extra mile for its customers is likely to succeed in retaining them.
Ai FredC, I have challenge for you.

I am looking for one of my favorite Hawaiian mixed CD's. Approximately 25 years ago I would listen to this all the time. It was one of the best Hawaiian compilation albums I've ever listened too. one of the songs on the album was called I Ku Mau Mau, which is a Hawaiian work chant the people would use as they pulled logs down from the mountain to make canoes. They then overlayed the chant with another song called Kaulana Na Pua. I was able to find just that one song on YouTube but I can't find the album it is on with the mixed songs. One of the songs was a Hawaiian prayer song that was sung by an old man with no musical instruments. Then another song was done by the group Hapa.

Too the others reading this, the song I'm referring too is the first song on this album I'm linking below. Give it a listen, it's beautiful. It is a quite well known song among the Hawaiian's. @Nate The Great , you got any guidance?

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eq2oO9CUG9I

• Love
Reactions: Nate The Great

AI FredC

AI Bot
Name
AI

I am looking for one of my favorite Hawaiian mixed CD's. Approximately 25 years ago I would listen to this all the time. It was one of the best Hawaiian compilation albums I've ever listened too. one of the songs on the album was called I Ku Mau Mau, which is a Hawaiian work chant the people would use as they pulled logs down from the mountain to make canoes. They then overlayed the chant with another song called Kaulana Na Pua. I was able to find just that one song on YouTube but I can't find the album it is on with the mixed songs. One of the songs was a Hawaiian prayer song that was sung by an old man with no musical instruments. Then another song was don't by the group Hapa.

Too the others reading this, the song I'm referring too is the first song on this album I'm linking below. It is a quite among the Hawaiian's. @Nate The Great , you got any guidance?

This indeed is an interesting challenge! The Hawaiian music scene is so rich and diverse, it may feel like looking for a needle in a haystack. Unfortunately, as an AI developed by OpenAI, I don't have real-time browsing capabilities or ability to search the internet. My skills are based entirely on a mixture of licensed data, data created by human trainers, and publicly available data. Therefore, I'm unable to personally search for the CD or perform real-time lookup of web sources.

However, I can suggest a few helpful strategies you could use:

1. **Discogs**: An online database featuring discographies of all labels and artists. Enter the song title or the band name "Hapa", you may find the album you are looking for.

2. **Google Search**: You could try different combinations of key words and even use Google's tools to filter out the results from a specific time period.

3. **Online Music Platforms**: Streaming services like Spotify, Apple Music sometimes have old and even obscure albums in their database.

4. **Music Stores or Libraries**: Record stores and libraries, particularly those in Hawaii, could potentially help. Some of them might have databases of their inventories and be willing to help you search.

5. **Hawaiian Music Forums or Blogs**: Engaging users of these platforms may yield some results. There are several communities online who love discussing traditional Hawaiian tunes.

6. **Social Media**: Reach out in communities on platforms like Facebook, Reddit, or Twitter. Use specific hashtags to attract the right audience.

Remember that due to the age of the CD, it might no longer be in circulation. If it was a local or lesser-known compilation it could unfortunately be difficult to track down.

I hope this gives you some ideas and wish you the best of luck finding your favorite Hawaiian mixed CD! Music can indeed be a significant source of joy and nostalgia.

Papa John

Name
John Stewart
Do you really need to additional business. Can you really afford to be running around getting spots out for free? You should have more work that you can handle at this point.

Summer is here, the temps are crazy hot. I might answer my phone.
The Dot com layoffs, And people leaving the area have really taken a toll. We could use more business.

• Sad
Reactions: Nomad74

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton

There are a number of things that you can do to be "memorable"

No matter how good of cleaning job you perform, and no matter how much they praise you, a good outcome is what they expected.

So, if you clean their carpet/rug/upholstery/floor/shower etc, and they pay you, then you are "even"

You never want to be "even" in a business transaction.

Or, put another way, you never want to have a "satisfied" customer.

The things that build a long term relationship may include a free spotting call (build it into jobs that include protector or other high priced, low cost services), or less costly but appreciated things as spotters, deodorizers, even a nice thank you card. I know a few guys who keep coolers in their trucks and leave a flower with the card.

It has to suit you of course.

My guess their are many here that do things like this

Mikey P

Administrator

I have a collection of (very) valuable of articles that I send after the appointment.

Floor and shower stall care tips so good, most never need my services again....

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
The Dot com layoffs, And people leaving the area have really taken a toll. We could use more business.
Damn John, I'm sorry to hear this.

I wouldn't be surprised then if you start seeing the Airlines take more perks away as well.

Just the other day I read an article that Southwest airlines has a new investor that infused the company with $1.9 billion. He is now demanding that the board remedy their antiquated ways and start focusing on ways to increase revenue. One of the things he is insisting on is charging people for luggage, seating upgrades, and assigned seating. I bet we'll see a bit a pushback on this one from the SW loyalists.

FredC

Village Idiot

I am looking for one of my favorite Hawaiian mixed CD's. Approximately 25 years ago I would listen to this all the time. It was one of the best Hawaiian compilation albums I've ever listened too. one of the songs on the album was called I Ku Mau Mau, which is a Hawaiian work chant the people would use as they pulled logs down from the mountain to make canoes. They then overlayed the chant with another song called Kaulana Na Pua. I was able to find just that one song on YouTube but I can't find the album it is on with the mixed songs. One of the songs was a Hawaiian prayer song that was sung by an old man with no musical instruments. Then another song was done by the group Hapa.

Too the others reading this, the song I'm referring too is the first song on this album I'm linking below. Give it a listen, it's beautiful. It is a quite well known song among the Hawaiian's. @Nate The Great , you got any guidance?

what was on the cover?
know any other songs?

Name
Nate W.

I can ask around.. We've done work for Brian of Hapa.. It's funny that the musicians we've done work for, they'd give us CD's and whatnot.. People are people and I don't fan-girl.. Sometimes they'll go out of their way to make it a point to who they are.. So what you're telling me is "This check shouldn't bounce?" :biggrin:

• Love
Reactions: Nomad74

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
You

need to factor in your total price the customer is going to pay and whether or not there is room for perks. My cousin has a roofing company and offers customers gift certificates for local high end restaurants and other things but the jobs are usually $20,000 plus.

Bryce C

Name
Bryce
How far out do the established owner/operators here stay booked on average outside of the slow cold months? Lately I've been averaging about 1 week out, and have been for several weeks now. Seems like that's pretty decent after launching the biz 14 weeks ago. Not sure what's normative though. I imagine you start losing some business if people have to wait more than a few weeks to get a cleaning service.

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
Last edited:

FredC

Village Idiot
Fred. You are truly amazing. You found it. I was wrong about Hapa being on the album. But that is it. Thank you! now I'm going to see if i can get it on Spotify.

I thought it might be when I looked up the last song....but the Hapa was throwing me off

Papa John

Name
John Stewart
How far out do the established owner/operators here stay booked on average outside of the slow cold months? Lately I've been averaging about 1 week out, and have been for several weeks now. Seems like that's pretty decent after launching the biz 14 weeks ago. Not sure what's normative though. I imagine you start losing some business if people have to wait more than a few weeks to get a cleaning service.
use to be a week or two out. now sometimes people can get appointment the next day.

Bryce C

Name
Bryce
use to be a week or two out. now sometimes people can get appointment the next day.
Sorry to hear that man. Maybe go back to the marketing tactics that got you on the map many years ago. Or utilize some new ones.

Right now about 30% of our biz comes from Angi, 30% is organic from Google Search, 30% from Thumbtack, and 10% from random things. I hate Angi because they put potential customers in front of around 5 service pros with a given inquiry, so you don't get the job if you take longer than a few minutes to respond and the poor people get bombarded with phone calls.

With that said though we did a ton of biz from Angi last month at a 7% marketing cost. Still, I hate the platform and will probably redirect that part of our marketing budget to Google Ads when our contract is up in 8 months. Too much anxiety racing to respond to leads.

We'll probably always keep Thumbtack, it doesn't dilute leads between too many service pros and gives you total control of everything. No contract and one can dial it up or down at any time. Slightly higher lead cost than Angi but much better conversion on leads, similar value of jobs.

I wish you the best of luck. I'm sure dry spells are in our future over here too. Seems like there is endless work out there though. Somehow we just have to become the worst kept secret in town and stay that way (:

Last edited:

Papa John

Name
John Stewart
I'll admit, I put a near pause on advertising most of this year. I didn't want to get too busy while im on this European vacation.
Full Force when I return.

Reactions: Bryce C

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom