lets compare festering wounds..

Mikey P

Administrator
I bet Ken and Cole can top us all but just how far have to had to bend over to please a customer?

Guerkink, you go first....

Name
Ron lippold
I had a Saltillo tile job kick my ass, should have been 3 days took an extra eleven days and thousands in product.

Jeff Madsen

Supportive Member
Name
Jeff Madsen
The one that sticks in my mind happened over ten years ago. The amount was small($200 bucks), but the pain was real for us at the time. Our business was brand new and I was cleaning for this nice elderly lady. She had over-watered her plant and had a bad stain. I dutifully went to work on it, not understanding my chemistry, but instead scrubbing it into submission. The result was I took the staining out but completely fuzzed the carpet in that spot. I offered to have a patch put in at my expense, she declined that, ultimately it cost me the refunded job and I've never seen her since! I'm sure she thinks I'm still out there fuzzing up carpet today!

Reactions: GCCLee

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
The one that sticks in my mind happened over ten years ago. The amount was small($200 bucks), but the pain was real for us at the time. Our business was brand new and I was cleaning for this nice elderly lady. She had over-watered her plant and had a bad stain. I dutifully went to work on it, not understanding my chemistry, but instead scrubbing it into submission. The result was I took the staining out but completely fuzzed the carpet in that spot. I offered to have a patch put in at my expense, she declined that, ultimately it cost me the refunded job and I've never seen her since! I'm sure she thinks I'm still out there fuzzing up carpet today!

i had the very same thing happen to me....only the was a big round HOLE there....
but she got so freaked out......she jus fell over dED on me.....
the police came.....
they "detained" me while sorting out the whole thing............

GCCLee

Supportive Member
Name
C. Lee
oh no, last time I did that in public I ended up with a daughter.

U sik man U

GCCLee

Supportive Member
Name
C. Lee
$1500 in new carpet for a furniture stain

So what new habit did you develop after the incident.

Move your tabs in the truck?
Stick em in your pocket?

Newton forced you to do something different after that what was it?

REAL LIFE Info like this is great guys and appriciated.

Chris

Shane Deubell

Supportive Member
Nothing that bad, commercial customer maybe 2000 sqr's that the crew did screw up. Had to re-clean 3 times and then on the last one we left the air mover, that they kept and we didn't ask back.

Chris A

Name
Chris
Actually it was bad quality control on my part. My assistant slid a piece back and tabbed it and didn't notice it had bled (a little), and I never went back into that room.

Zee

Supportive Member
Name
Prolly mid 5figures...

Isuzu NPR boxtruck rolled away backwords all the way accross a parking lot at the grocery store...

Ended up in the dead center of a large RV tipping it on iits wheels...good thing nobody was in the RV...they left it there overnight and didn't get back until next day.

I sat in the truck and just drove out of the RV with only minor damage to the rear end. Insurance covered it.

Witnesses say they saw the truck rolling all the way and almost flipped the RV on impact...and here I am coming out of the store with my lunch wondering what the heck happened to the truck..I was sure I parked on this end and now I can't find it...I thought I was just getting old where I don't remember where I park my vehicle.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Several years ago we had a sewer backflow that gave us fits upon final cleanup. We pressure washed the area twice and used the SX-12 on it to detail clean, twice. We could not track down the source of odor.

The home had one of those sewage pumps that pushed the sewage out of the home and at first thought it was the problem. After detailing in and around it there was still an odor. We cleaned beneath the HVAC and Hot water heater, both were later moved for inspection, not the source. We still had a latent odor problem.

Tried passive attempts at odor elimination with air scrubber and activated charcoal, nothing used Ozone generator and the smell reduced but still there. All of this over a two week period, eventually it went away but never did find the cause. Insurance paid and half, with an explanation of we should have done a better job. Homeowner only agreed to pay their deductible, we were out a couple of grand, worse had our ego taken down a notch.

Never did figure out the source, but today we would have used an ATP meter and at least narrowed down the scope of the job instead of re-cleaning clean areas.

Back
Top Bottom