lets hear job averages

Ken Snow

RIP
Name
Ken Snow
We have all sorts of bonus plans in place throughout the company and a few years ago terminated an employee who turned in a bogus invoice using his own $ (I think it was about $100) so that he would hit the tier that got him an additional $500.00 We did not press charges for attempted embezzlement, but everyone in the company knows what happened. Once you are no longer a mom and pop and no longer call your people chimps you can not have a rule, or a bonus program that is broken or it not only does what Greg says but in addition it opens up all sorts of litigation possibilities.

I am assuming Richard is just joking cause he has a larger company and knows exactly what Greg and I are talking about~ if not then I would be nervous to be his partner.

Reactions: Connor

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Both I am just giving it to Greg to see if he'd squirm BUT for the example explained I'd have told her she made it.

The fact that I'd have lied about the dollar would have been an internal discussion between Dan & I. I would not have said, "you are short a $1.00 but we gave it to you" but we would have gave it to her none the less. Maybe even up to $50.00 or $100.00???

The whole idea is for them to work harder and make you more profitable, she did it. She was 99.9% there.

If my employer told me I missed it by a $1.00, I would think he was cold hearted and would seriously have to consider if I wanted to continue my employment there.

Maybe you're right Ken, we are still too mom & pop to see it on yours and Greg's level. ?????

Reactions: Dolly Llama

Greg Cole

Name
Greg
Any decent employment lawyer would tell you that you are an idiot if you paid a bonus when they didn't achieve it. particularly when you use a MBO style of management in which an employee can be terminated for not hitting their goals. Nevertheless, The instance of this bonus is that she missed the job average goal by $1 When you multiply that times thousands of jobs it equals a small fortune.....
Both I am just giving it to Greg to see if he'd squirm BUT for the example explained I'd have told her she made it.

The fact that I'd have lied about the dollar would have been an internal discussion between Dan & I. I would not have said, "you are short a $1.00 but we gave it to you" but we would have gave it to her none the less. Maybe even up to $50.00 or $100.00???

The whole idea is for them to work harder and make you more profitable, she did it. She was 99.9% there.

If my employer told me I missed it by a $1.00, I would think he was cold hearted and would seriously have to consider if I wanted to continue my employment there.

Maybe you're right Ken, we are still too mom & pop to see it on yours and Greg's level. ?????

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Honestly it won't be the first time I've been thought an idiot.......... or the last.

"job average goal" so she really didn't miss the goal by a dollar, she missed the average by a dollar... got you.

Damn so now I have to mark you down for having a heart after all. Poor Ken I was thinking such terrible things about him too! :p

:biggrin:

Last edited by a moderator:

Ken Snow

RIP
Name
Ken Snow
I was waiting for you to drop the other shoe Greg- figured no one had caught on that it was by $1 avg, which is many many thousands of dollars missed. It was fun watching everyone come down on us~ but in reality it wouldn't matter if it really was only $1 of revenue. Unless someone is still mom & pop there is no way to do this without great risk to the employer and the moral of all employees.

Reactions: Connor

Shane Deubell

Supportive Member
The problem is once you cut slack to one employee then you have to for everybody. Even if just a $1, then a muslim, black, short, fat,tall whatever employee can say you broke the rules for them.

That's what is really wrong with the country, its run by lawyers....

Connor

Name
Connor
You're both despicable money grubbing capitalist pigs WHO WILL NEVER MAKE IT TO THE WALDO 25 List.

Hey man, watch your rebukes, one of those pigs is a supportive member.

Waldo's list is like that creepy guy that tells girls that he thinks they're pretty. Nobody really wanted to be noticed by somebody like him.

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
No job average.
I actually, never added it all together and divided by the number of jobs.

Somehow it seems so 'technical'. Not to talk about the math skills required and all that.

Besides, it may take away all the mystique. And I am certainly not about to lose all that gestalt :winky:

Would Stevie disown me?

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom