Lets hear your "Where does the dirt go " speech..

Mikey P

Administrator
All to often lately I've had to explain to maintenance supervisors (head janitors) who know a decent amount about carpet cleaning just how a Cimex works..

I'm pretty good at telling the pixie dust fairy tail, so good in fact no one as refused the process that I can recall, but I always feel a little twitchy when telling the tail...

I'd like to hear YOUR speeches of how Encapsulation works when talking to a MAN who is no dummy.

Ricky, you go first...

Today's Cimex rodeo.

20130107_114212_zps113bc2a6.jpg

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
It turns into money. Actually I tell them that the difference is friction. It's like when you go to the carwash. You have all that water on a smooth surface. Yet to barely cleans off the soil until you use that whimpy brush that makes physical contact.

Name
Lee Stockwell
It turns into money. Actually I tell them that the difference is friction. It's like when you go to the carwash. You have all that water on a smooth surface. Yet to barely cleans off the soil until you use that whimpy brush that makes physical contact.
The carwash also uses 70+ gallons of WATER.

Name
I'm Rick James
Some of the soil is removed via the pads, the rest of soil is extracted during the vacuuming process after the cleaning. What we've been doing when using the cimex is follow it up with the brush pro in most of the areas.. after it dries. I think the post Brush Pro will help remove more of the soil vs a regular vacuum cleaner. So far we have had great results, just landed a 12,000 sq ft commercial job on Friday.. Same condition as that 24,000 sq ft I did a few weeks ago.

encapman

Name
Rick Gelinas
If you're working with a quality encap detergent that contains a good crystallizing polymer you can help them to understand the principle with something along these lines...

"We will be scrubbing your carpet with a unique triple head planetary machine that scrubs the fiber from every direction. The soil will be displaced from the surface of the fiber into the cleaning solution. The cleaning solution contains an encapsulating polymer that absorbs the soil and holds it in suspension. The soil can then be extracted from the carpet during the normal routine of post-vacuuming. This is an efficient method of cleaning that solves the many challenges associated with commercial glue down carpet. Commercial glue down carpet cleans differently than living room carpet since the airflow is severely restricted, making it difficult to clean it well with hot water extraction. The method we will be using overcomes the common problems of wicking and recurring spill stains. And since the encapsulation polymer is not sticky like traditional detergent it will actually resist soil so your carpets will stay cleaner longer between cleanings. Plus I can accommodate a slightly lower price for this cleaning process. So you will benefit from a better cleaning of your commercial glue down carpet, it will stay clean longer, and we can tailor a maintenance program to fit your budget."

Last edited:
Reactions: Mikey P

Mardie

Name
Mardie VanBree

I am glad to see you are starting to understand how things work.:clap:

Name
I'm Rick James
If you're working with a quality encap detergent that contains a good crystallizing polymer you can help them to understand the principle with something along these lines...

"We will be scrubbing your carpet with a unique triple head planetary machine that scrubs the fiber from every direction. The soil will be displaced from the surface of the fiber into the cleaning solution. The cleaning solution contains an encapsulating polymer that absorbs the soil and holds it in suspension. The soil can then be extracted from the carpet during the normal routine of post-vacuuming. This is an efficient method of cleaning that solves the many challenges associated with commercial glue down carpet. Commercial glue down carpet cleans differently than living room carpet since the airflow is severely restricted, making it difficult to clean it well with hot water extraction. The method we will be using overcomes the common problems of wicking and recurring spill stains. And since the encapsulation polymer is not sticky like traditional detergent it will actually resist soil so your carpets will stay cleaner longer between cleanings. Plus I can accommodate a slightly lower price for this cleaning process. So you will benefit from a better cleaning of your commercial glue down carpet, it will stay clean longer, and we can tailor a maintenance program to fit your budget."

Very nice post.. also thanks for your You Tube video, helped me out a lot for encapping.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <o:OfficeDocumentSettings> <o:AllowPNG/> </o:OfficeDocumentSettings> </xml><![endif]--> Mike I would tell them that it is improved technology over the old shampoo’s they used to use. These solutions are non sticky and don’t allow the soils to stick to fibers so they stay cleaner longer.

Where does the soil go? It’s still there waiting for the extraction process (vacuuming). The pixie dust? (for Jimmy’s sake) 4 oz per gallon of water, this dilution is then spread over 600-800sq/ft.

You're not going to find the Pixie Dust because it is very, very thinly spread over the individual fibers making them non sticky, so soil will not attract to them.

The thing that eventually wins them over is the encap experience…..the proof is in the pudding. Better appearance over other methods and stays cleaner looking longer because it’s not sticky.

NoSchticky.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

The Great Oz

Name
bryan
I keep it simple. Encap is a good part of an appearance management program that can reduce the overall cost of carpet maintenance. Don't get into the specifics of what you're going to do. If they have questions guarantee your work and offer to set up a post-cleaning inspection to make sure they're satisfied. A "man who is no dummy" can decide if he trusts you or not.

A "man who is no dummy" will remember you lied to him, but if you're scuffling for grocery money I guess making up a fairy story might be a few shades better than knocking off liquor stores.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
I keep it simple. Encap is a good part of an appearance management program that can reduce the overall cost of carpet maintenance. Don't get into the specifics of what you're going to do. If they have questions guarantee your work and offer to set up a post-cleaning inspection to make sure they're satisfied. A "man who is no dummy" can decide if he trusts you or not.

A "man who is no dummy" will remember you lied to him, but if you're scuffling for grocery money I guess making up a fairy story might be a few shades better than knocking off liquor stores.
I agree up to that last paragraph, Oz would explain that last paragraph with more candor? :confused:

Shane Deubell

Supportive Member
Try to avoid this conversation by just calling it a "general cleaning" versus a steam cleaning/extraction.

Jim Nelson

Name
Jim nelson
The Dirt go's no-wear it's still there. When they pay for a half price cleaning the dirt stays there. O you want the dirt removed I have to use my Truck and suck it out then it goes home with me. You don't want to pay for my truck then you get to keep your dirt ,I will just smear it all round for you. Half ass cleaning at your service call me anytime.

J Scott W

Name
Jeffrey Scott Warrington
The people who manage commercial facilities, for that matter most business people, are more interested in results than explanations. "Where did the dirt go?" is a carpet cleaners question.

Carpet is dirty. Do a demo on an area of their choosing. Carpet is clean. You have just answered their questions.

The Great Oz

Name
bryan
I agree up to that last paragraph, Oz would explain that last paragraph with more candor? :confused:
Scott said it with less snark. You don't one-time encap, you're doing it in concert with HWE as part of ongoing carpet maintenance.

I guess my "story" is the first sentence of what I said above. If they ask for more information I'll let them know that encap keeps the carpet looking good and extends the interval between the more time and labor intensive HWE cleanings. Less time for us equals less cost for them. There's only been one customer that asked where the dirt goes, and having it stored safely in the carpet until the next extraction wasn't a problem.

Building managers have lots of ways to get and share information, so it isn't smart to tell them the dirt is Wonka-visioned out the back door.

steve_64

i told several people watching me,"it eats it". they all laughed so hard the conversation ended there as i continued on.

with bonnets i say its like washing with a washclothe versus hosing it off. straight encapping i say its like waxing a car versus just washing it.

GCCLee

Supportive Member
Name
C. Lee
Scott said it with less snark. You don't one-time encap, you're doing it in concert with HWE as part of ongoing carpet maintenance.

I guess my "story" is the first sentence of what I said above. If they ask for more information I'll let them know that encap keeps the carpet looking good and extends the interval between the more time and labor intensive HWE cleanings. Less time for us equals less cost for them. There's only been one customer that asked where the dirt goes, and having it stored safely in the carpet until the next extraction wasn't a problem.

Building managers have lots of ways to get and share information, so it isn't smart to tell them the dirt is Wonka-visioned out the back door.

Bravo !

I saved this Speech :clap:

idreadnought

Supportive Member
Name
Richard
I don't' know if anyone is following this thread anymore but. First very few will ask where the dirt goes. In a commercial environment the concern is appearance. I am a big fan of encap not because of the ease of cleaning but because it tends to out perform hwe for me. When I talk to clients and I tell them the system I am going to use they tend to be convinced it works because I am convinced. I also throw out some very recognized places that I clean with it and that does help.

steve_64

i was trying to encap a truck stop when i was approached. and ive had some tell me "youre the expert do what you think is best". youre right richard its about results for most which means appearance.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom