Lets play a game- What This Industry Needs Is:

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
Look at the vct strip and wax business. Most of those guys do it for pennies on the dollar per square foot because anyone can pick up a buffer and a mop bucket

Mike got a buck-o-foot at the Hair Hut Skool in barter

A lot of other janitors do the same thing when they buy a truckmount with a “2room for $79” advertising idea in their mind.

there might be janitors in schools, hospitals and airports that have cleaned more carpet than you.

are you bitter that someone might be able to turn a profit @ $40 a room and you can't?
Or that someone is willing to work at lower profit margins than you?

are you bitter at the Stanley's and Hagopians of the world because they've found a market to turn a profit on volume and scOtch gUard upsales ?

education and regulation won't change any of that.
We're not performing rocket surgery....

The only regulation I recommend is “Regulate to Educate!” Before a bad deal turns into a Stalemate!

maybe we should unionize .....

..L.T.A.

DAT

Name
Bill Cheryl
First. I would love to see less carpet cleaners with a lowly janitor identity. Second. A school for serious cleaners who what to be highly trained in their area of expertise along with a basic business course. Third. A unified national certifying board with board members who have been in the trenches of the industry.
Janitor identity!?

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
First. I would love to see less carpet cleaners with a lowly janitor identity. Second. A school for serious cleaners who what to be highly trained in their area of expertise along with a basic business course. Third. A unified national certifying board with board members who have been in the trenches of the industry.
It's about time you took a break from bobbing your big head on all those facebook videos and jumped into a few conversations on here.

Welcome my friend, to "the certifying board with board members who have been in the trenches of the industry": as you would say.

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
It's about time you took a break from bobbing your big head on all those facebook videos and jumped into a few conversations on here.

Welcome my friend, to "the certifying board with board members who have been in the trenches of the industry": as you would say.
Where we are all certified, not necessarily as carpet cleaners.

FredC

Village Idiot
We're not performing rocket surgery....

Exactly......

though there are a few that seem to over-complicate the shit out of things.

I think one thing that might need to be tossed in is the reality that MOST people don't make all that much money. Over 70% of individuals make less than 50k. 30% make less than 25K. This also isn't an industry known for its degree holders.

While some of these individual hack prices may seem crazy they may be fine to the guy who makes more money than he ever has being employed elsewhere. Really all most people are doing in this industry is employing themselves and some can get by with far less than others.

*not talking about the lowest of low gonna have my equipment on craigslist next month guys

Acp

Name
Bjorn Marshall
plenty of people willing to run this business for $45k/year

plenty of police officers who make less than that to put their life on the line and deal with homeless druggies and DV calls every day.

steve_64

We need players in the industry to invest in a campaign ad discussing the positives of carpeting. How hiring professionals to clean it keeps it lasting longer things like that.

The problem isn't lowball hacks but the customer who thinks it should be $9.99 a room. They need to be educated.

Reactions: BIG WOOD

rwcarpet

Supportive Member
Name
Robert Hodge
An all in one powdered pre spray that is loaded with 02 and a deodorizer that works on urine smell and stains.

I just want to hose it down, let it dwell and slowly extract.

No water claws, no guarantees or expectations due to upselling bullshit, just good enough until Mr Friskers kicks the bucket.

And I've got a job on Friday that needs cleaned with a "no scent" cleaner. She's having "sensitive" guests over for Christmas Dinner. But..................

She says " you'll see all the spots where the cat puked/hairballed/pissed.

I'm trying to decide whether to use S&G, which is scent free, or Saigers scent free powder. All Fiber Rinse for extraction.

I might even have some Procyon laying around.

Acp

Name
Bjorn Marshall
We need players in the industry to invest in a campaign ad discussing the positives of carpeting. How hiring professionals to clean it keeps it lasting longer things like that.

The problem isn't lowball hacks but the customer who thinks it should be $9.99 a room. They need to be educated.

They get a crash course on it when they call those companies to clean their carpets... honestly I cant remember the last time I saw that kind of pricing advertised around here.

Theres one idiot pumping tons of money into adwords @ $29/room... Im sure hes flooded with shitty jobs

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
And I've got a job on Friday that needs cleaned with a "no scent" cleaner. She's having "sensitive" guests over for Christmas Dinner. But..................

She says " you'll see all the spots where the cat puked/hairballed/pissed.

I'm trying to decide whether to use S&G, which is scent free, or Saigers scent free powder. All Fiber Rinse for extraction.

I might even have some Procyon laying around.
Spray all the organic spots with vol40, and prespray all the carpet with just washing soda (sodium carbonate) and water. Scent free, and no residue

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom