lets pretend LB and HM shut their doors..

Mikey P

Administrator
and you need a new slide in...

You have TCS, Amtex, ChemTex, Steamway, Steam Action, Cobb, ElDiablo Blue Baron, Reliabuilt and Judson to choose from

Do you want a HX or Propane?

Personally, I think I'd go with the Reliabuilt

Last edited:

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
Now that my Amtex is all better-gooder, I have no issues with it. I give credit to Ben for making it right.

Currently have 2,600hrs on my 870. Just changed the oil last night. It's been a super reliable machine. Thanks LB!

Loren Egland

Name
Loren Egland
Even if Legend Brands and Hydramaster were still around, I would buy the Steam Way Powermatic Legacy 2200. There was a time a few years back when I wasn’t so sure, but since Dave Nalley took ownership of Steam Way International about a decade ago, the company is on solid ground now and for the future.
26401B4A-F37C-4388-84A6-05E3C539CDFA.jpeg
My wife and I took a road trip this month. Went to Denver for an Akita specialty dog show, Rocky Mountain National Park, then off to Wyoming to Yellowstone. We stayed in Jackson Hole where Steam Way International is located. Dave took us out to eat and also gave us a tour of the facilities. Found out he has an extensive inventory of parts for the equipment and no debt. Beginning with his dad the Nalley’s have been associated with Steam Way since it was Saniclean back in 1967. Dave also runs a cleaning business. His success in a town of 10,000 with 20 cleaning companies would make any of us jealous. He knows his stuff.
6969B03C-8479-4816-8E29-124F2429C1B0.jpeg
Anyway, I really like that Legacy 2200. Quality built and now more technician friendly. Listening to Dave talk about all the build features was fascinating.
0B68012B-5CBE-4581-8CB1-36B9FAD1E49A.jpeg
It’s not just the equipment that one is purchasing. For someone who wants to be successful, the info that is shared is free. :)

Bob Savage

Name
Bob Savage
If TCS made a HX.....
Stop being afraid of propane.

I have used it for 34 years and would not want any other heat source.

It is safe, hot, constant, and very reasonable, not to mention you do not have to mess with the rest of the truckmount to get heat by by-passing and choking down things!

Reactions: Cleanworks

Hack Attack

Name
Dan
there must be countless bbq explosions across the USA... strangely I've never heard of them?

I wouldnt mind a HX machine just for the extra space but thats all

FredC

Village Idiot
there must be countless bbq explosions across the USA... strangely I've never heard of them?

Investigators say yes — it happens more often than you think. There are 7,000 gas grill fires every year, according to the National Fire Prevention Association, many from leaking propane.

:winky:

Nomad74

Boy Sprout

Investigators say yes — it happens more often than you think. There are 7,000 gas grill fires every year, according to the National Fire Prevention Association, many from leaking propane.

Let me tell you a story ......

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott

All operated by idiots who don't bother with leak tests and others who drive with the pilot lights on.

FredC

Village Idiot
guy is a dick though....if he has those pics surely he knows that fire was caused by a fuel line* according to the owner

fire.jpg

*my personal belief is that had there not been an open flame/heater the gas may not have ignited..........having dumped a bit of gas on exhaust manifolds in my day

Last edited:
Reactions: Lee Stockwell

Hack Attack

Name
Dan
was taken aback 2007ish? Doing a tour of vineyards in Washington state.

They had large propane tanks feeding several frost fighting windmachines. The tanks had kerosene belly pans they lit up to keep the vapour levels up.

If a tank got too hot there was a massive flare out the top from the relief valve, all the tanks were covered in soot and had paint burned off 😳

Reactions: Cleanworks

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom