Let's try again.. Another employee

Mikey P

Administrator
Alabama left due to a family illness.

I had a phone interview today with a guy who sounds very promising. Second in person interview is tomorrow.

We're booked out three weeks with lots of jobs way to big for one guy right now. Typically we never would hire in the summer as it just slows us down too much. Im stuck here in Scruz helping out and am feeling desperate to find the guys some help.

Any tips on finding out if a person is a quick learner?

Mikey P

Administrator
What does that say about your employee Marty?

This 23 year old guy has a nice resume with a good amount of managerial experience, he speaks and wrights well and better yet, has a wife and kid

Reactions: Lee Stockwell

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
toss him a sack an' a paper
and see how long it takes him to twist a fatty.....

crack addicts and alkys usually can't handle this simple task...

Last edited:

Shane Deubell

Supportive Member
Always a challenge mikey for guys our size. Training takes a lot of our personal time so when they leave its a real killer to start all over again.

The problem is the majority for me leave for reasons outside of my control. Following a girlfriend, moving out of area, wifey problems, etc.
Its embedded in culture here, young people always dream of moving to the sunshine state and living the good life. Cant blame them ....

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
Naw..

Couldn't fake those tears.

Today's intervew-ee appears very promising..

Going on a ridealong tomorrow

Listen up Mikey.....WHO in their right mind would WANNA be a carpet cleaner for the wages we have to pay 'em.......it takes that special person (one in a thousand) to do what we do.....i call it the Seal mentality.....they push till it hurts then push it some more....not many lik that anymore...this country is full of mamby pamby spoon fed idiots that can't get bye on their own........

Good luck on yor quest

Papa John

Lifetime Supportive Member
Name
John Stewart
Yeah..

His wife got critically sick and he had to move up to SF over night. Real sad situation.

I'm off to an interview now...wish me luck.

Really!? send him my way and maybe I can give him some work based on his scheduling needs.

Ron K

Mikey Good Luck hope it works we just lost one and are in the process of looking.
Question is.
What specifically do you look for in the ride along? Do you set any situations? I assume you already have a good feeling about the prospect otherwise they wouldn't be invited. What are a few key tells you use.

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
ya...but did ya give him .....the test????

seriously Mike you can find out so much instantly....
when i first started i did that to a kid that jus climbed in the truck...
he worked over TWENTY YEARS for me......
we alwez laughed and laughed about it.....................

cuz it really freaked him out.....

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom