Likes, Followers and Reviews

Mikey P

Administrator
Personally and from talking to many others, I think promoting you biz on Facebook and Twitter is a waist of time.

if you have found some magical way to get many hundreds of your existing clients to follow you than perhaps it may be worth a weekly post.

FMS and emails sent out a few times a year is enough for us.

I cant even come close to imagining a multi truck company using FB to promote the company. Not sure why owner Ops thing our customers would give a damn about carpet cleaning except for the 12 hours before and the 12 hours after they get their's cleaned.

but I could be wrong.

Kevin B

Name
Kevin Bunce
Personally and from talking to many others, I think promoting you biz on Facebook and Twitter is a waist of time.

if you have found some magical way to get many hundreds of your existing clients to follow you than perhaps it may be worth a weekly post.

I cant even come close to imagining a multi truck company using FB to promote the company. Not sure why owner Ops thing our customers would give a damn about carpet cleaning except for the 12 hours before and the 12 hours after they get their's cleaned.
but I could be wrong.

Totally disagree. My customers like my posts, and pictures. When they do, others come like my page and I generate new clients. Everyone is on Facebook so when you meet someone you can tell them you are on Facebook at Facebook.com/allkleanidaho. Facebook for search engine recognition is worth it alone!

Beeks

Name
J.R.

but I could be wrong.

Ive been hearing more and more on service monster, im sure there have been plenty of discussions on it here already, just wondering if its worth taking all the time i have spent recently adding all my clients to quickbooks and redoing it on service monster, is it that much better....whats the FMS you speak of mikey?

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Clean carpet will work on some but not all. You're going to have to buy them to get any real numbers.

Look at what some of our industry manufacturers have done, "like us on facebook and be registered to win..." .

A discount, entry for Free Whole House Cleaning, Dinner Gift Certificates, Movies Tickets, Game Tickets, I-Pad, you're going to have to do something to make them "like you".

No we don't even have a Facebook page, I just slept at a Holiday in and it came to me in a moment of clarity! :p

I've been reading about "likes" because "if and when" we do put up a Facebook page, I too want some "likes". Jeezz just saying that makes me not want a facebook page. "Likes" :icon_rolleyes:

Mikey P

Administrator
Ask this question on the rookie board, the owner knows all their is to know about buying likes and views, especially on you tube.

joey895

Supportive Member
Name
Joey J.
Facebook has gotten me business but not really of my doing. I have a page and update it a couple times a week and will get maybe one new like per month but I'm not sure i have ever actually gotten any business from the page itself.

However i can track about 10 jobs in the last 3-4 months that have come as a direct result of someone posting about the carpet job i did for them in a private Facebook group. I just did a job Friday that came from that group and she said there has been a number of people post in that group that i cleaned their carpet and did a great job. Because the group is private i cant see who is in it or what they are posting. I have no idea who made the original post.

The question is how to duplicate this?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
10-extra jobs you didn't have to market for, that's awesome. Yes, can you imagine if you can duplicate that. I'd put up a Facebook page for 40 more jobs a year. Congrats!

Shane Deubell

Supportive Member
I think the starting point is you have to be a social person , just like networking in person. Lots of small talk, can't just post about cleaning related topics but more about day to day like your kids teeball game or whatever.

That being said, mikey is my only twitter follower....

Chris A

Name
Chris
I just redid mine today in light of this thread. I budgeted $5 a day to have facebook promote my page I'm gonna see how that goes. I put an app on my phone so I can update with pictures through out the day. so far I really like the ability to do that because it's so effortless.

jcooper

Name
Jerry Cooper
I budgeted $5 a day to have facebook promote my page I'm gonna see how that goes.

Chris, just keep in mind(with the paid ads) you are paying for likes, and that's okay. Getting "likes" builds credibility, that's what people want to see. Your ad should say something about "like our page for tips/coupon(whatever).

Getting client from the paid ads has not worked for us, even though I really wanted it to work(tried for months, twice). The ads are just too random, if you target your local area not enough people see it. Ad tracking doesn't give the info I need.

Best way to get clients from it(for us), have lots of friends and get them to like the biz page. I don't post often on our biz page but, a nice before and after photo always sparks interest. Also, don't feel like the biz page has to ONLY be about carpet cleaning. Lot easier to get "likes" showing a photo of your kid/dog then a photo of carpet...

Reactions: Chris A
Back
Top Bottom