Little Giant 3HT or 4HT

Dan

Supportive Member
Name
Dan
So I am trying to decide whether to do a 3HT or 4Ht on White Magic Pro 1200. Since the 1200 is CDS I already gain heat from the motor which is around 190-200 (diesel). So essentially I would keep that pre heat and need to boost from their. I will be removing the worthless Volcan Heat system along with the retarded 2 1/2 exhaust and intake port restrictions on the blower to gain better vacuum from the 56 blower. So whats your thoughts?

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael
I think all you will need is the 3ht if you are going to single wand. If you do a lot of duel wanding the go with the 4ht. And you are on the right track by taking off the blower restrictions.

Name
Jesse
On ours we run 2 coolant exchangers (1WM, 1 Johns) parallel to a 3ht hp. I set the burner temps at 250F even though you not supposed to if you want a warranty. We run 18 and 24 flow wands and maintain 240-260F at 600-700psi or 1000psi with a turbo. Set up this way it's a good idea to turn the temp down for stairs. Sometimes we forget to turn it down/get lazy and will see 280F while doing stairs. For carpet a #4 is overkill if you keep your coolant exchanger unless you use more than 2.5gpm.

Now if you do hard surface I'd get the 2200psi #4, assuming a #4 fits. You could bypass your current exchanger when desired and turn up the pressure. I have the #3 because that's all the space I could reasonably sacrifice with my layouts.

Name
Nate W.
Out Of Character said:
On ours we run 2 coolant exchangers (1WM, 1 Johns) parallel to a 3ht hp. I set the burner temps at 250F even though you not supposed to if you want a warranty. We run 18 and 24 flow wands and maintain 240-260F at 600-700psi or 1000psi with a turbo. Set up this way it's a good idea to turn the temp down for stairs. Sometimes we forget to turn it down/get lazy and will see 280F while doing stairs. For carpet a #4 is overkill if you keep your coolant exchanger unless you use more than 2.5gpm.

Now if you do hard surface I'd get the 2200psi #4, assuming a #4 fits. You could bypass your current exchanger when desired and turn up the pressure. I have the #3 because that's all the space I could reasonably sacrifice with my layouts.

A little giant has a 2,200psi unit? I only seen the 1,200psi model.

GeneMiller

Name
gene miller
high heat on tile can cause it to crack, be careful. i never run my burner when i clean tile even when it was my only source.

gene

Dan

Supportive Member
Name
Dan
The Xp 2200 psi units are new and nice for tile & grout. As for wand arrangement I run 09 flow on a 6 jet Titanium usually around 500 psi and 75 flow on my RX 20 with glides. Im kinda leaning towards overkill and the 4HTXP.

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
for the money....and the little bit of headache...

http://www.semfg.com/carpet_cleaning.html

I have this one, and had a little giant....

i would do this one again in a heart beat....maybe stainless though.....and of course when its electronics it has some issues at times....i have had mine.....4 yrs, and replaced 3 ignitors.....all with in like 4 mths :x :x :x :x :x And 1 flow switch.....

bought 2 this last time...so i have one on hand....

but it is badddd ass......and i have the heli-coil that is like a preheater....and it just screams...

K P

You are going to need to bump the thermo control a little to compensate for the 180 coming in or it will not come on much.I run a CDS hx into a 3ht.

Name
Noble Carpet Cleaners
Why not put a flow meter on the end of 200' of vac hose, then remove the vulcan heat exchanger and take the mystery out of whether or not it reduces a huge amount of air flow? Might even see if it effects your dry times.

That's free heat and I'll bet there's 30 degrees there (you can document that as well) at what ever flow your currently running. The top heat exchanger on my slide in blew but I kept the lower installed; I get at least 65 (sometimes 75) degree rise with that lower exchanger and much less propane use. All I'm saying is if your dry times aren't effected it's heat your throwing away.

Whether or not to purchase 3HT or 4?, default to the larger of course.

Dan

Supportive Member
Name
Dan
NobleCarpetCleaners said:
Why not put a flow meter on the end of 200' of vac hose, then remove the vulcan heat exchanger and take the mystery out of whether or not it reduces a huge amount of air flow? Might even see if it effects your dry times.

That's free heat and I'll bet there's 30 degrees there (you can document that as well) at what ever flow your currently running. The top heat exchanger on my slide in blew but I kept the lower installed; I get at least 65 (sometimes 75) degree rise with that lower exchanger and much less propane use. All I'm saying is if your dry times aren't effected it's heat your throwing away.

Whether or not to purchase 3HT or 4?, default to the larger of course.

No Mystery... The Volcan Heater sucks and any bottleneck in vacuum is a loss. You cannot possible expect a 4 inch reduced to 2 1/2 to perform as well in any circumstance.

Dan

Supportive Member
Name
Dan
floorguy said:
for the money....and the little bit of headache...

http://www.semfg.com/carpet_cleaning.html

I have this one, and had a little giant....

i would do this one again in a heart beat....maybe stainless though.....and of course when its electronics it has some issues at times....i have had mine.....4 yrs, and replaced 3 ignitors.....all with in like 4 mths :x :x :x :x :x And 1 flow switch.....

bought 2 this last time...so i have one on hand....

but it is badddd ass......and i have the heli-coil that is like a preheater....and it just screams...

I will call them Monday. The diesel unit is very enticing but I have heard people complain about the soot inside of there trucks. The only way I could really exhaust it would be thru the roof of my truck. Going under the truck would put it on top of my fuel tank and batteries. I am a diesel box truck so I have a ton of space.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom