Little Giant interior heat reduction

Bob Foster

This afternoon I spent a couple of hours and vented my Little Giant #4 outside the box. 180,000 BTU venting heat had a tendency to make the truck a touch warm.

GoodLGcloseupwithpipe.jpg

LgVentandTNT.jpg

roofventroof.jpg

backinside.jpg

I tried the rain deflector on the diffuser on the roof for one fire up and decided that it put too much heat onto the roof so I took the sheet metal deflector back off immediately. You can see in the picture where it was still riveted to the cap.

Askal

RIP
Name
Al
We haven't been through a summer with ours yet but if it get too hot I may do the same. I am concerned about the low branches ripping the cap off though. So far in the winter with two doors open it is fine.
Al

Name
Nate W.
Off topic... What type of stair tool looking thing is that hanging in the first pic? Frst time I've seen one shaped like that.

I got a #3 LG mounted in a cargo van. It will soon be a #4 because there from 15-18 years old. I have to keep repairing the coils. Plus a #4 will maintain the high flow better. I do like the way masterblend has that extendable vent for there kero burner. I was thinking of something like that for a LG in a cargo van.

Shane T

Name
Shane Tiegs
This is my current back up unit. It's a lenght of 4" vent pipe and 2 adjustable 90 degree elbows. I just take the elbow off and set inside when not in use. I've use this venting system for years in several different vans. It really helps reduce the temp inside the van. The other benefit is that it will help keep the inside of the van cleaner.
Assorted004.jpg

gary mackay

I have to do mine before this summer but didn't want to sacrafice Carls Junior drive thrus & the Shell carwash but spontaneous combustion is always on my mind. I already melted my crayons!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom