Little Giant Service & Condition? - Pics

tmdry

Name
Bill Martins
I bought an used TNT that came w/ a little giant heater which I am not sure of it's condition, I'll post pics later.

Where can I take it to get it serviced or looked at to see if it is in workable condition? The closest pressure washer place told me they do not work w/ heaters, just pressure washers (pumps n engines), no blowers and no heaters.

The last time I took my diesel heater to the closest cleaner's supply store/service, they took over a month to tell me they couldn't do much (or didn't know what to do), so I am trying not to go that route if possible.

Thanks,
Bill

ascrubabove

Re: Little Giant Service

2 options,

1. take it to a propane dealer, they normaly service equipment that uses thier fuel

2. watch Les's service videos and do it yourself, you could give him a call if you have any questions

tmdry

Name
Bill Martins
Re: Little Giant Service

Thanks James,

Here are some pics of it:

this is what the heater looks like, let me know if you guys think it can still be used or should I just replace w/ a new one.

IMG_1379.jpg

IMG_1380.jpg

IMG_1381.jpg

IMG_1382.jpg

IMG_1383.jpg

IMG_1385.jpg

IMG_1387.jpg

Shane T

Name
Shane Tiegs
First run a pressure line from your current cleaning unit and see if it will hold water pressure. Start off cold. Looks like it may have been apart because of freezing. If it holds, button it up and go through the service procedures Les has posted.

Name
Nate W.
Shane T said:
First run a pressure line from your current cleaning unit and see if it will hold water pressure. Start off cold. Looks like it may have been apart because of freezing. If it holds, button it up and go through the service procedures Les has posted.

X2... I can't speak on the freezing thing, because I've never had to deal with that... However, the LG heater looks to be in good shape.. The red temp knob is missing to dial the heat... I wouldn't go over 600psi with that unit though... Unless you know its a high pressure model...

ascrubabove

Pull the circular shaped insulation off the top abd inspect the heating coils befor you hook up any pressure, if it did freeze it will normaly blow out at the top near the thermostat control, if it looks good then pressure test!

tmdry

Name
Bill Martins
Thanks guys,
I'm doing some work on the TNT right now, will get to the heater towards the last phase of the project, appreciate the help on the heater.

Shane T

Name
Shane Tiegs
My experience with busted coils caused by freezing happens at the bottom of the coil, not the top. Living in the north it has happened to me a few times.

Magic One

Hope you didn't pay much for it. Its a mess. Get a hold of Less. He even has a video on repairs.

Name
I'm Rick James
You might just want to buy a new one they are only $1,400. A lot cheaper than your van burning down.

tmdry

Name
Bill Martins
It came w/ the TNT I bought.

You're right, I'm just not sure I want to deal w/ it. It won't give me enough heat for tile.

For $1400, I'd get a #8 heater, which was what I had before I sold it.

Name
Nate W.
tmdry said:
It came w/ the TNT I bought.

You're right, I'm just not sure I want to deal w/ it. It won't give me enough heat for tile.

For $1400, I'd get a #8 heater, which was what I had before I sold it.

Send it to me if you don't want it... :lol: It still looks good... Not much to go wrong on the LG heaters...

tmdry

Name
Bill Martins
handdi said:
get a number 4 little giant u will never again have problem removing candle wax

Randy I had a #8 (or equivalent to 2 #4's, 360k instead of 180k) before getting this #3 w/ a TNT. I'm thinking of going that route again as I might upgrade my pump to higher flow n higher psi, and don't think the #3 will keep up w/ it. I'm used to high heat @ the wand at any psi, this is the non high psi model.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom