Living Social ....Again

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
They called me last night to see if I wanted to run a deal today. I've seen Jimmy naked

So I called my guy in CA. Running the same deal as last time.

I was surprised how well it did last time in the revenue dept. I think we only sold 100 of them.

We'll see what happens this time... It's prime time cleaning months...So it should be interesting.

http://www.livingsocial.com/cities/868- ... hree-rooms

PS. This is the company I've sold... He is still making the last few payments before the big switch over....But the deal is I will continue to do most of his marketing for him (Mini Franchise) AND that includes deal of the days for a special fee.

hogjowl

Idiot™
6 cents a s.f. I don't think so.

Even if the rooms are only 100 s.f. each, you're still cleaning for only 18 cents per s.f.

I know, I know ... the profit is in the upsales ... but that too is just ANOTHER potential negative moment for your customer and with your business model ... in my humble opinion.

However, I hope your friend has great success with that ad and gets rich quick. (And I sure hope his level of repeat customers is above 10%)

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
We've always done really well with these deals so we have to go with History instead of speculation.

His repeat % is getting better and better.

Very rarely will we ever get to 900 sqft for the 3 rooms.

And if we do..... You can imagine what else they need done.

No negative moment of truth if you handle that upfront. People are good when you let them know what it takes.

Able 1

Name
Keith
Brian R said:
They called me last night to see if I wanted to run a deal today. I've seen Jimmy naked

So I called my guy in CA. Running the same deal as last time.

I was surprised how well it did last time in the revenue dept. I think we only sold 100 of them.

We'll see what happens this time... It's prime time cleaning months...So it should be interesting.

http://www.livingsocial.com/cities/868- ... hree-rooms

PS. This is the company I've sold... He is still making the last few payments before the big switch over....But the deal is I will continue to do most of his marketing for him (Mini Franchise) AND that includes deal of the days for a special fee.

WOW KP(AKA "Fiddy Cent") MUST be hurting at that price! I wouldn't roll outa bed for that!

Giving into "living social" or "Groupon" makes you look desperate, and shows the lack of knowledge of ad's that work without having to GIVE away HALF of YOUR hard earned money to get A job.

I personally would never look there for a services(there are some uneducated that might though) through either of them. To me the image(not saying it's true) with both is "I am a new biz with no track record and have no clue what I'm doing" or " My business is failing I will try anything to make this work!"

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
You don't think that I would have done these deals for this long... This many times... If it didn't work do you?

joe harper

Name
joe harper
Brian R said:
You don't think that I would have done these deals for this long... This many times... If it didn't work do you?

YES.... yes, I really clean up pet shit for a living Dad..

When you have NO money to advertise... -sniff
And NO customer retention... -sniff

You have to do something.... -sniff -sniff yes, I really clean up pet shit for a living Dad..

Vivers

Supportive Member
Name
Bill
I've already stated my opinion on any of these de-valuing of our professional services advertising. Definitely makes you look like the cheap hack of the month. But there is a market for every client and every company. There are all kinds of business models. I just can't stand the image it presents of us professionals.

Able 1

Name
Keith
Brian R said:
Make money? Yes, that's something.

JHC Brian if you think that's what it's all about... YOU ARE A TURD!! Of course I love the money, but really it's all about my custy's cause they get me work so I don't have to clean for half the price!! eat shit!

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Which of course makes more money.

But if it's not about the money I'll be happy to take yours off your hands at any time bud. J/K

Mr. Vivers. Have you never given a discount?

Carpet Cleaning is so incredibly easy for 3 rooms, I think it's ok to give a great discount to show the quality of work.

But if you don't do quality work then I can see the issue of lack of confidence in it.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Sold 86 of them.

Not horrible... Not great.

Nice bump to the income but nothing to write Mikey's Board about. J/K

Extra $10,000 to the month maybe.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Pretty cool.... Living Social has direct deposit now. As much as I've been moving around lately, that would have been nice.

They deposit the money in just about 30 days from what I can tell.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom