Local/maps vs organic search

tres davis

Name
tres
What do you think is more beneficial for this industry?
I know my own search habits and that I rarely look farther than the 3 pack. The times I might hit the drop down arrow and see the seven pack are if the 3 pack companies have little to no reviews.
We have been focusing our efforts on the local/maps side and was just curious what other people thought.
Does anybody scroll down to organic anymore? All I see in organic is yelp and Angie's list stuff anyway. Rare that a cleaning company's actual site even shows up on page 1

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
Screenshot_2015-10-10-17-59-43.png
Why not just get the top in both?

Reactions: tres davis

tres davis

Name
tres
Gonna take a little time but we are working on it! Our metro area is a little bigger than yours but so I assume the seo competition might be tougher
Good effort by you though
Do you have to do much advertising beyond your seo? It's hard for me to wrap my mind around the value of that. Is it like the holy grail and your phone blows up all day or it's just ok?

WillS

Supportive Member
Name
Will
I would like to know that to. How many phone calls are you getting a day from being on the first page. Do you keep track? Do you do other marketing on top of the organic rank?

We just moved up to #5 on organic and Google Places we have always been listed in the top 3. I know we get calls from the Google Places top 3, but now that we are on the first page for organic, I'm wondering if we keep moving up, what the return on calls will be..

Hoody

Supportive Member
Name
Steven Hoodlebrink
I would like to know that to. How many phone calls are you getting a day from being on the first page. Do you keep track? Do you do other marketing on top of the organic rank?

We just moved up to #5 on organic and Google Places we have always been listed in the top 3. I know we get calls from the Google Places top 3, but now that we are on the first page for organic, I'm wondering if we keep moving up, what the return on calls will be..

You can track that with analytics.

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
My maps was always #1. But, now it rotates depending on which side of town im on. Remember high ranking is great. But it also needs to be tied to a USP to separate your company from the pack.

Goomer

Name
Frank Mendo
I think the primary goal would be to rank high ORGANICALLY, and to take your time doing it white and right.

Hoody

Supportive Member
Name
Steven Hoodlebrink
I can see the acquisition in analytics showing clicks from Google, but you can't track how many are clicking "Call" can you? If so, how do you do that?

If you want to see how many calls you're getting from Google+ / Maps in the SERPS, that info is in your insights on your Google+ page.

Go to google.com/mybusiness and log in, and look on the top right of the page. You'll see a bunch of icons and one that looks like a storefront(it's blue). Click on that and it'll take you to your dashboard. Then scroll down to insights, once you're in your insights go down to the clicks section. You can uncheck everything else but the For phone calls and mouse over the line graph to see how many clicks on a given day.

If you want to track how many people click it on your website you can track it by using Events in Google Analytics.

A little help with the Events part https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/1033068?hl=en

If you use Wordpress there is a call button plugin that works really well, is lightweight and is easy to use. In the advanced setting section of the plugin there is a section to track clicks with analytics.

Last edited:
Reactions: WillS

Able 1

Name
Keith
How do you get your company to show up on Google maps in other cities? There is a guy here that seems to be top three in a lot of different areas/cities..

WillS

Supportive Member
Name
Will
Thanks Hoody, I see what your talking about with the Calls Analytics. That is coming from the "call" button on Google Places or on your Google + profile?

Hoody

Supportive Member
Name
Steven Hoodlebrink
How do you get your company to show up on Google maps in other cities? There is a guy here that seems to be top three in a lot of different areas/cities..

He's likely using multiple addresses unless your service area is really small there is a chance that they're pulling only one address.

Reactions: Able 1

Hoody

Supportive Member
Name
Steven Hoodlebrink
Thanks Hoody, I see what your talking about with the Calls Analytics. That is coming from the "call" button on Google Places or on your Google + profile?

Will - the call count is how many people clicked the call button from the google places area in the search results.

Newman

Name
Chris Newman

Keith, I have no idea how it happened. It frustrated me to no end that I was not showing up in google local / maps at all for the few local towns in my immediate service area. After a time I was always number one in maps and organic serps in my own town. I did work my way into #1 organic for many other towns. I never cheated with multiple addresses out of fear of the Lord Google smiting his wrath upon me.

After the google penguin or panda update a couple years ago POOF! There it was. Now I appear regularly on 3 and sometimes 6 town map packs. This does not happen overnight. I started my internet presence 8 years ago. Have patience my friend.

Tres, it is my understanding that organic/ maps serps are intertwined in ways us humans can not perceive. Work it all and eventually those google deems worthy rise to the top.

Reactions: Able 1

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom