LOGO - Your Opinions Please

JMill

Name
Jeremiah Miller
I am having a logo designed and wanted to get opinions on the first set of proofs as well as the one I was working on.
Here is what we have:
View attachment 2053View attachment 2054View attachment 2055View attachment 2056

The first is my own design and the last 3 are ones I had done. Which one do you like and why? Is there certain things you like about the others? The ones I had done the designer did "Elite Carpet Cleaning" instead of "Elite Carpet Care" Now I am rethinking the name, which do you like better and why?

What do you think about the "What's in your carpet?" in the first logo?

Thanks for all your input!

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
I like the 1st and 3rd
The 1st needs some tweaking however, maybe let your designer work on it.

The slogan leaves too much of a question with no answer. ie We Remove What's In Your Carpet

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
The 3rd, simple bold and will be easy to reproduce on everything from letterhead to polos and your vehicle. 2nd best for me would be the 4th one. I like the blue and the font style but not sure how it would look at a distance compared to #3. Maybe if it were huge on a van I might make it first. ???

3 or 4 it's a toss up.

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
They ALL suck if you ask me. #4 does look the most modern. I would get more options from a PROFESSIONAL GRAPHIC ARTIST that has BUSINESS experience. Remember you have a fraction of a second to sell your name at 40 MPH and make it somewhat memorable. (Carpet cleaning is better for searches than carpet care.)

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
Look at all the big companies that spent a lot on their graphics.
They are usually clean, simple without a lot to clutter the name and distract. Less is more.

Have the name very visible and let them know what you do. The rest is unnecessary.
The bottom one once cleaned up and proportions changed, imho will be the best of the choices you provided.

Keep on working. Though I like the cleanliness and the green sparkle of the bottom one.

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
in the end, its got to be readable. Can't say how many lettered vehicles I've seen where even if I have 10secs staring at it I stillcan't tell what it says or what they do.
Watch other vehicles as you're driving around, you'll see them too!

Reactions: TomKing

Ken Snow

RIP
Name
Ken Snow
#4 resonates best with me but not crazy about any of them.

What if someone wants their furniture, tile or rugs cleaned- should they call someone else? :eek:

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

TomKing

Supportive Member
Name
Tom
I don't think any of them work.

I cannot see them on a truck, uniform and promotional materials.

A logo needs to look great on all 3 mediums.

I want my logo to look best in our industry on my uniform, truck, website, promotional materials in that order.

Designers often do not think about anything but how it looks on paper.

The second logo has some promise.

Enlarge the word elite and stack it on top of the words carpet cleaning. Slide it up and in the upside down swoosh.

Over time your core customers will begin to refer to you by Elite. I always think it is a win when we become a one word service in the eyes of our core audience.

You could then put the 3 basic services on your truck or your core services in print below them.

Don't tag off the what's in your wallet campaign? that is running on TV with What's in your carpet? It will become dated over time.

Have it designed in black and white. Try not to make your logo color dependant. Color should be used but the logo should look great in B/W alone.

I personally do not like Red and Black. Red in print is used to mark mistakes and poor financial performance. Just my reaction.

i like the green and blue in the 4th logo.

Good to talk to you last week.

Last edited:
Reactions: JMill and Ken Snow

TomKing

Supportive Member
Name
Tom
#9 is my choice.
See how carpet cleaning pops.
That will be your #1 core product you sell and the majority of customers will come looking for this first.

If elite could be smaller and lengthen the letters so it is not so overpowering to the carpet cleaning I think you have a winner.

I do not like the colored band under any of the samples

#9 will look great on your soft goods.

Reactions: JMill

Lonny

Supportive Member
Who is your main audience? If residential, I would say original #2, without so much transparency.

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
I still like # 4 from original best with some cleaning (for example- the violet star not necessary, just cluttering it.)

Between the new ones 9 is best, however the name is sitting too close to the carpet cleaning, give it some breathing room and it is not as clean and elegant. The feeling of dynamics that the green line and star try to accomplish, can be done differently and more elegantly.

Greg Cole

Name
Greg
the third is best, however take and bring down the swoosh so it is above the letters and finishes off after the g in cleaning

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
Looks good, the Elite could be sized down a tad so the CarpetCleaning gets sized up. Elite by itself tells you nothing.
Going with Busn Card #2, without the watermark, and then having the Gift Card, keeps everything looking the same. I'd stay away from the double sided cards since people put them in those card holders and would have to pull it out for either your company name or your name.
Make sure to put up pics of the truck when done.

Answerphone

Name
Jeff
My advice on the logo (an take it with a grain of salt because I'm overly anal about this stuff)

1) Stick with EliteCarpetCleaning. It's not really related to the appearance of your logo, but if you have people tag your logo on web pages, and it goes back to your web site, the "alt" image description (the thing that pops up when someone puts their mouse cursor over your image) and people referencing the carpet cleaning part of your name when they link back to your website will BOTH help build you up in the ranks of search engines like google, yahoo, bing, etc - which get's you more jobs :) The more you can incorporate your searchable keywords (like carpet cleaning) into the way people chat about you on the internet - the more jobs you'll see. Now you just have to make sure when they DO come to your website, they aren't scared off by a butt ugly logo (jk) :p

2) Keep in mind printing costs. If you print 1000 mailers that are 4 color versus 1000 mailers that are 256 color, the cost in reproducing your logo will be almost double for the more complex designs with the fading/shadows/etc.

3) Keep it simple. I learned that the hard way when I tried to start a brewery. Ours was an absolutely gorgeous logo (well at least IMO) of a giant oak in a meadow with roots wrapping around our brewery name and barrels of ale under the tree. HA! Try getting that on a mug, or shirt, or anything else.

4) My opinion on each logo - dump #1 - you can get really great logos done at logo bee for like $299 I think, and they keep working on it till your 100% satisfied...we used them about 7-8 years ago for our logo, and they did a great job. The second logo (top right) makes me think 'green', so you could capitalize on the green movement with that logo if you move a lot of 'eco-friendly' products/services. It's a good color combination with the green & orange too...they play well together. 3rd logo (bottom left) screams industrial & speedy to me (actually, it's funny that I say speedy because it reminds me of the "sir speedy" logo). People typically put a lot of stock a good, solid looking logo like that, and I think that logo would look really great on the side of some trucks. I'm not too fond of #4 The first thing I think of when I see that is it looks like it belongs on the side of some dish detergent bottle.

Anyways...that's my $.02. I've done a lot of artwork over the years and my background is actually in marketing - but I could be completely off base. Good luck with the new logo though. Remember...your logo is the first thing people will come to recognize you by when they think of your company - it's also crucial when it comes to building brand awareness.

Edit: Lol...sorry for getting to the party a day late and a dollar short. Took a quick look at your revisions. I think #5 without the green bar below it would really pop on any medium you choose.

Last edited:

CitrusSmart

Name
Rip Blackwood
I think the first carpet cleaning logo is nice, it make the viewer think, and that means they are engaging, but I agree with above, you could let a designer work with it to improve the logo.

Back
Top Bottom