Logos and icon caricatures.

Connor

Name
Connor
Do you think that logos integrated with custom caricatures pull the customers to your business more than just having a wordmark logo?

Bob Foster

pocd.jpg

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
I think some sort of caricature works well... But at the same time...It seems like most of the major brands don't really do that.

Chem Dry started with it... But dumped Chem Dry Charlie

Some like Pampered Chef have a Silhouette of sorts.

I have a little dog but I've come close to dropping it a few times... But a good amount of customers commented on it.

Some companies that market to our demo like the scrubbing bubbles and Brawny still have caricatures as well.

I think it depends on what kind of marketing and to whom.

See, now THIS was a useless post from me. I really tried... But nothin. lol

Connor

Name
Connor
Brian R said:
I think some sort of caricature works well... But at the same time...It seems like most of the major brands don't really do that.

Chem Dry started with it... But dumped Chem Dry Charlie

Some like Pampered Chef have a Silhouette of sorts.

I have a little dog but I've come close to dropping it a few times... But a good amount of customers commented on it.

Some companies that market to our demo like the scrubbing bubbles and Brawny still have caricatures as well.

I think it depends on what kind of marketing and to whom.

See, now THIS was a useless post from me. I really tried... But nothin. lol

I noticed your basset hound, but that's not exactly the thing I was talking about, the dog is just stock photography and anybody could use or imitate that, couldn't they?

Do you believe that the customers are drawn to the friendliness of the dog?

Connor

Name
Connor
Royal Man said:
I have Royal Man.

Does "Royal Man" help build your brand or image? Is he instantly recognizable to your customers? I've noticed him and I think he needs to "pop" more and draw more attention.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
I think the little dog does 3 things

• A little bit of humor...guilty puppy

• The customer relates to it..Because we all cater to pet owners (mainly smaller dogs)

• I think it sets a stage of friendliness, kindness to animals and says "we understand" to anyone a little embarrassed to call about a pissy carpet.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
To Dave... I hope you don't mind.

I think your Royal Dude may "ad" a bit of "We're better than you and the other guys" ...Which I personally don't think works well.

That whole "Royal" name in what you do would raise red flags to me (no I'm not my customer) when looking for a service industry of any sort.

I think it might turn people off... But maybe you'll get the demo you want out of it.... And it seems to be working well for you. Just MO

nsidla

Definitely think it depends what you're trying to sell, I like the more clean cut/simple logos myself for business stuff.

However I definitely think it should be unique and stand out, it's definitely something that is easy to over-do...

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom