Looking at this unit dont know much about.....

Fred H

I Highly recommend this machine.

I have owned that same machine as this for 3 years now, it has been very reliable, makes plenty of vacuum, and hot water in a never ending supply. What I wish it had was a clutch on the pump so you could just vacuum water without having to be hooked up to water. This machine uses industry standard parts So what exactly is wrong with the 20 horse chem tex guys?

maybe you are remembering the chem tex of the 1990's?

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
Have they even changed since the 90's?

I lump the chemtex and amtex in the same boat.

truckmount girl

1800greenglides
Name
Lisa Smith
yeah, the junk pile along with the timbuktu.

I'd rather have a good, high power porty as a second/back up unit, if I couldn't afford a decent TM/van.

The porty gives you a little versatility too.

Take care,
Lisa

RGH269

Name
Bobby Hales
I don't know anything about the TM but that van is not suitable for a TM I had one and used it for porty hauling. It is not meant to haul that kind of weight, to much strain on engine and transmission.Three years ago I sold a 98 Chevy 3/4 ton van and one of Duane Oxley's units for $5000.

Becker

Name
Becker
No sure if they are any better than the chem tex panter 25 I had in about 2000.
That thing was a nightmare!

SS tank was nice, was easy to work on.

But the heat was not steady. Broke so many couplers. The tank filled up on one small job, because yeah it got hot and had to dump off all that hot water somewhere, then hot warm spikes.

Loud as hell.

The covers were held on with Velcro.

I'd love to hear they go better, because they are pretty cheap.. But in my case I got what I paid for.
Hell the wand had a bypass on it to keep the machine from over heating if you set the wand down. ( another thing that filled the waste tank ) and even still it over heated, took time to cool off to restart.

I think I've said enough. ( good components, but int he end it does not matter )

Fred H

Becker said:
No sure if they are any better than the chem tex panter 25 I had in about 2000.
That thing was a nightmare!

SS tank was nice, was easy to work on.

But the heat was not steady. Broke so many couplers. The tank filled up on one small job, because yeah it got hot and had to dump off all that hot water somewhere, then hot warm spikes.

Loud as hell.

The covers were held on with Velcro.

I'd love to hear they go better, because they are pretty cheap.. But in my case I got what I paid for.
Hell the wand had a bypass on it to keep the machine from over heating if you set the wand down. ( another thing that filled the waste tank ) and even still it over heated, took time to cool off to restart.

I think I've said enough. ( good components, but int he end it does not matter )

That was the old chem tex, I had one also.

the new one has a water box to circulate the water . Stainless steel heat exchangers provide constant hot water. I pulled the covers off, and dont use them any more. I have read a lot of people talking about how having the engine enclosed on a TM decreases engine life due to heat build up. The Chem tex is not enclosed. The machine only weighs 385 lbs so a 1/2 ton van can carry it and more.

Becker

Name
Becker
So you had an old unit.. ( sounds like you agree with it being a POS ) and you stuck with the company?

4k more and you can have my truck and machine and I guarantee it's in better condition than that rusted out pos van the 405 is in even if it does have more miles. Just spent 1600 on the van so it's in great shape. I want it gone so I can get something a little bigger. 12k and it's yours. Both truck and machine are in great shape.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom