Looking for another van

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
I’ve never understood those people who say direct drives are employee friendly. You just flip a switch as opposed to turning a key.
The advantage to a direct drive is being able to lock it up when cleaning in the hood.
Does an employee know:
-the sound of belt slapping on a blower belt?
-the rattling of some of the lawnmower engines that cause so much vibration, that could possibly be set at a lower rpm and not extract all the heavy water? I witnessed it myself on my friend's 370 that he didn't notice for several years. He was 700rpm too low
-low oil because these little 20hp engines burn the crap out of it, causing premature failure
-having idling problems due to too much heat out west causing it to stahl
-valve cover gaskets leaking oil due to the excess heat inside the van
-for those that burn propane...well, you know that doesn't mix well with employees. I wouldn't trust it

IF I ever get this 2nd van in reliable shape, I"ll be riding with an employee for a minimum of 6-8months while I"m in the passenger seat and making certain he can operate that slide in and fix any small uh ohs on the job. I'm so hesitant because of the few more things to do that can go wrong.

Marty, hire someone other than your son and say those same words

Papa John

Lifetime Supportive Member
Name
John Stewart
I’ve learned there’s never more machine than needed.

That sounds like a sweet owner op setup

Whatever happened to that company that made that tm?

They closed down.
Perhaps they didn't charge enough for the machine.

WIth a bigger/heavier machine, a bigger vehicle is needed.
In This city, parking is a challenge, so choose to replace this monster with a smaller set-up. Most of my hose runs are under 120 ft.-
The 570 is not legal in California, so I went with the 370.
The bigger vac on the DXT was nice when I was younger and stronger.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
what blower is in the Legend and how fast do they spin it?

I'm pretty sure Damon won't be happy with the performance of any DD

and coming from a megamount, along with wasting his time running 17 hoses to the door to run one wand....ain't too many slide-ins either he'll be happy with methinks

..L.T.A.

Reactions: Papa John

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
You keep saying that, yet you have no actual experience.

with what?
been to dozens of trade shows and fests.
Played with dozens of different TMs (and not just at trade shows)

donno if you and your hOle glide can tell the difference, but pretty easy for me

and will be obvious to Damon too
wanna bet?

..L.T.A

Reactions: Papa John

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
what blower is in the Legend and how fast do they spin it?

I'm pretty sure Damon won't be happy with the performance of any DD

and coming from a megamount, along with wasting his time running 17 hoses to the door to run one wand....ain't too many slide-ins either he'll be happy with methinks

..L.T.A.
The problem with the big machines, you have to turn them down so you can single wand. I was demoing an Everest 650 hp at a customer appreciation day. Putting it on high would pull your shoulder right out of it's socket. Beautiful machine, powerful, reliable, etc but overkill for residential cleaning. A Legend or a 370 is great for residential and light commercial and half the price.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
after 20 years of CC'ing I came to that conclusion too.
But many of us (me included) have the Tim Taylor syndrome.

I'm sure if I could of afforded it, I'd of had a megamount for most of those years too

..L.T.A.

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
The problem with the big machines, you have to turn them down so you can single wand. I was demoing an Everest 650 hp at a customer appreciation day. Putting it on high would pull your shoulder right out of it's socket. Beautiful machine, powerful, reliable, etc but overkill for residential cleaning. A Legend or a 370 is great for residential and light commercial and half the price.
That’s funny

But the old Legend is dummy proof

Reactions: Kenny Hayes

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom