Looking for inexpensive floor finish

Giorgio

Name
Giorgio
For VCT etc...

Anyone got the hookup?

Can't justify $135 per pail for what I'm doing. Need to get my cost of floor finish down.

Thanks!

Giorgio

Name
Giorgio
Zep? Gimme a break!

Reminds me of the time I bought 5 gallons of Sams Club floor finish once.

Did about 100 s/f before throwing all 5 gallons in the trash can.

I don't think Zep is gonna be much better.

But please keep the ideas coming cuz I go threw a ton of floor finish.

Ross Buettner

Name
Ross Buettner
Johnson Diversey makes a product called High Mileage.

2 Coats and you're done. Put them on nomral. I get it for 97.00 per 5 gallon box. We use it in Govermnent Sector areas with VCT and high, high traffic. Burnishes well too.

RickL

I would definately contact Jeremy Sweetland he does a bunch of VCT and has tested several. We have had multiple conversations about VCT, after these talks I decided that VCT wasn't a route I wanted to go but he is very knowlegable on most of the products.

Shane Deubell

Supportive Member
That crap from sams club is about as inexpensive as you can go, spartan ishine is more in the middle then betco/johnson at top.

Name
Lee Stockwell
"Inexpensive floor finish" can be an expensive oxymoron. In the last few years there has been a massive improvement in VCT maintenance similar to the propane machine's introduction in the late 70's.

Just when strippers were getting really great, improved systems made chemical strippers obsolete.

I used to love putting down 8 or 9 coats of a premium finish like Pioneer Eclipse Diamond, or Buckeye Castleguard, and then buffing it.

The new generation finish I noted above gets the same results, and better, with only two coats. Holds up well.

Those two items save WAY more time and expense than the products cost. Makes vct fun and profitable.

Ross Buettner

Name
Ross Buettner
quite a bit of the time you can get a black pad, scrub the daylights out of it with some hot water... clean it up, burnish, and lay down a coat... BANG!

Erick taught me that.

Name
Lee Stockwell
Better than a black pad is 3M Surface Preparation Pad, maroon marked SPP, under any other pad, used with only water or mild detergent water.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom