Looking for this tool locally

tmdry

Name
Bill Martins
I'm looking for a Crain 362 Door Pin Tool, to remove door pins on hinges. I went to both HD and Lowes, and both places no one had a clue or never heard of such tool, they tried to tell me to do it the old school way of removing the pins, I already know how to do them that way, but this tool saves a lot of time when removing the pins. A competitor let me borrow his and really liked it, looked online, but can't find it locally. Anyone know of where else (store types/names) I'd be able to find this tool locally?

crain-362_2.jpg

Thanks,

Bill

joeynbgky

Supportive Member
Name
Joey
We bought one similar to that at ace hardware. My painter uses it. Hope that helps

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using Tapatalk

tmdry

Name
Bill Martins
Thanks guys,

Richard, this is for the job I'm currently on, haven't removed the doors yet, but would be nice If I had the tool. Will deff check w/ the carpet installer supply stores.

Thank you.

John Watson

Mine don't have that little pin coming out of the shank.

If time is of the essance, a wide flat blade shank through the handle screw driver can be ground and notched and retempered to work as efficent if not better than the old chissel type which is bulky and clumsey to use and real easy to mar the pin and wood work if miss used, Plus the screw driver handle makes it a breeze to use.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom