Lord Google Authorship Status

Newman

Name
Chris Newman
Hoody posted the google authorship link in another thread. I did not want to hijack that thread...

Thank you for taking the time to post these tips Hoody!

Another tip - when you're uploading photos to these directory sites name the photo with your keywords. carpet-cleaning-lincoln-nebraska.jpg, carpet-cleaning-lincoln-ne.jpg, carpet-cleaners-lincoln-ne.jpg and so on and so on. When you're uploading videos or providing links, make sure the videos you're providing from Youtube have your company name and keywords in the title.

So we can have several different photos titled the same containing the same keywords? Or does each photo need a unique keyword?

Info for everyone - As Will pointed out, Penguin 4.0 hit around May. Google still looks for social signals/engagement. If you're getting reviews on Google(or any review site) be sure to be replying to them and saying thank you and encouraging your customers to use you again. If you haven't signed up for Google Authorship here is a link for info: https://plus.google.com/authorship .

For the authorship, should we use our company name from the google places business account or our real name associated to the google + account?

Hoody

Supportive Member
Name
Steven Hoodlebrink
You cant have the same file name unless youre hosting images in two separate places, which would be silly unless youre trying to use it as an SEO strategy but I wont get into that. Mix up the file names you have a lot of options but dont try to be too spammy. carpet-cleaning-city-state, carpet-cleaning-companies-city-state etc. You can take the state off and get even more file names or put the city and or city state first in the file name. Put you company name in the filename as well.

You can either place a link in the footer of your website "All content by________ <----- link to your personal plus profile with your name as anchor text. Or you can add an author meta tag to the header of your website linking to your personal plus page.

Sent from my LG-VS450PP using Tapatalk

WillS

Supportive Member
Name
Will
I do this when uploading photos to social sites etc. I've been in the process of changing the ones on our site to have more keywordy words in them,

Hoody.. do the images uploaded to social sites using keywords titles, are they recognized by the search engines or benefit have site benefit for SEO that way?

Hoody

Supportive Member
Name
Steven Hoodlebrink
If you can get shares likes and comments on those photos. Google really hasnt said if file names matter in the social environment. It wouldnt hurt to put your company name and location in file name. But for social Google is looking for how you engage the customer and how they engage you.

Reactions: WillS

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom