Lots of Yelp complaints

Now if they could stop Superpages. I have a competitor who copies and pastes the same review several times a year on Google. I reported it to Google and all the duplicates went away. Went from 30+ to about 25. Then without doing anything else, in the past year, he dropped to 2. But Superpages, he uses the BS copy from his own amateur hour web site in the reviews. Many copy and paste duplicates. Just pathetic. I complain to Superpages, they say they leave them up, because there is no way to prove they are fake. He is the last advertiser in the yellowpages, but not the phone company yellow pages, so they don't want to lose their last carpet cleaner. Those yellow pages have shrunk by at least 80-90% in the last 10 years. They were on a slow decline probably since about 1997.

Becker

Name
Becker
Yelp is a pain in my ass!

Ive had many legit reviews, and the one that sticks and has stuck for 2-3 years is a 2 star.
Yet any new review gets posted for a 2 days or less, then gone.
I spent a great deal of time talking to yelp on the phone, and they defend their computer system bla bla bla.. I then ask, what is different about the 2 star and my many 4-5 star? More bla bla BS.
I then asked to be removed from Yelp completely, they then said it was public information?????? Really? I don't have a YP listing.
It works well for Brent here and thats great, but man I have heard the stories more than once of Yelp going sideways if you don't spend with them.

I refuse to spend with them, and I refuse to use them to search of anything.
Thier computer is a failure!
I think them keeping non paying companies down help drive more work to those that pay or offer deals.

I have a feeling Yelp will be changing soon.

Chris A

Name
Chris
You ever heard of that company Bill?

Thats a lot of trucks for 12 mil in revenue..

200k a truck? Doesn't seem too far off the mark, plus I'm sure he's probably counting all company vehicles

billyeadon

Supportive Member
Name
Bill Yeadon
You ever heard of that company Bill?

Mikey,
I haven't heard of them before. But to get an article in WSJ it has to be pretty important on a national basis. Actually the number of complaints against Yelp is less than I would have expected for the amount of reviews.

tmdry

Name
Bill Martins
They've been around this area for a very long time. Kind of Hagopian type of business passed on by family.

I'm happy for Joe, that he is pursuing this. I have a similar issue w/ a Yelp member (client of mine) who killed my Yelp calls, literally dropped, because we would not match her chemdry $49 whole house deal, the review always shows and all my 16+ reviews have been filtered.

I am sending this information to my attorneys, thank you for bringing it up.

billyeadon

Supportive Member
Name
Bill Yeadon
They've been around this area for a very long time. Kind of Hagopian type of business passed on by family.

I'm happy for Joe, that he is pursuing this. I have a similar issue w/ a Yelp member (client of mine) who killed my Yelp calls, literally dropped, because we would not match her chemdry $49 whole house deal, the review always shows and all my 16+ reviews have been filtered.

I am sending this information to my attorneys, thank you for bringing it up.

Hope it helps you as business is hard enough to come by.

The Great Oz

Name
bryan
Seems ironic that the Wall Street Journal does an unsubstantiated negative review of Yelp, in a story about unsubstantiated negative reviews on Yelp.

The business dropped to 9.5 mil from 12 and they let go of 80 employees.

Quick math says they were slackers anyway.

WillS

Supportive Member
Name
Will
Thanks for posting this article, interesting read! Crazy he is making 12 mil a year off 54 trucks. Good for him.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom