Love my V's

ronbeatty

Name
Ron Beatty
Last night we cleaned a local business with our Vortex's. The last time the building was done it took another company two weekends to complete. We cleaned 16300 sq ft in 5 hours. As the BAD BOYS would say, (now that is the way it should be done!!!!!!!!!!).
DSC_0188.jpg

ronbeatty

Name
Ron Beatty
Billy, We had 400 ft of 2 1/2 inch vac hose, reduced down to 2", running 4 titanium wands. They are jetted with 11002's and we were still maintaining 230 degrees.

Name
George Valliant
I totally agree!

That IS exactly how it should be done!

I believe slide-ins will eventually go the way of the portable extractor.

Do ya know what I mean...?.. "You ain't serious if you're running a porty". Likewise, 10 years from now the attitude will be "you ain't serious unless you're running a Big Truck".

:-)

ronbeatty said:
Last night we cleaned a local business with our Vortex's. The last time the building was done it took another company two weekends to complete. We cleaned 16300 sq ft in 5 hours. As the BAD BOYS would say, (now that is the way it should be done!!!!!!!!!!).
DSC_0188.jpg

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
Carpet Cleaning Fool said:
I believe slide-ins will eventually go the way of the portable extractor.

Do ya know what I mean...?.. "You ain't serious if you're running a porty". Likewise, 10 years from now the attitude will be "you ain't serious unless you're running a Big Truck".

"Do ya know what I mean...?"

no I don't .
cause if you're not utilizing the capacity of a mega mount like Ron does, you're wasting money .
The costs to buy, run and maintain the "big trucks" can't be made up in efficiency gains single wanding

Bigger ain't always better.
It has to make $en$e first

..L.T.A.

Joe Bristor

Dual wand reducer? geez you taught me ya big dummy. :roll:

It lets you run all 2.5" hose on your reels.

So, each guy drops his 2" whip and wand at his starting point then comes back and strips off however much 2.5" he needs.

Fireman's run says each 2.5" hose will have a 2.5 Male pointing to the job, so the dual wand reducer lets him break the 2.5 anywhere he wants and reduce down to 2"
Fast, reliable, barbless.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Generally things of power get smaller with technology.

I would imagine someone, somewhere is working on smaller unit that can perform the same.

Think of a Cadillac and a Porsche.

Until then, Ron has just showed one of the few reasons to own a V.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
I agree with Larry.

As much as I love Ron's trucks, our company is better suited with four van's doing that job. Even if it costs me more to buy and outfit four van's at least when I have WDR work I can go in four different directions.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Doc Holliday said:
I agree with Larry.

As much as I love Ron's trucks, our company is better suited with four van's doing that job. Even if it costs me more to buy and outfit four van's at least when I have WDR work I can go in four different directions.

That's what I meant to say. :mrgreen:

A

amazingcleansc

BLewis said:
Ron,
Were you running 4 to the door X2 or 4 Wands? Awesome pic

he was actually running all 4 vac hoses to one wand.
18" stroke
400 cfm @ 20hg

:lol:

Bob Savage

Name
Bob Savage
Very nice looking rigs, but 2 weeks ago on a Saturday we (3 of us - 2 vans - dual wanding on one of them, and our electric for the other) did 37,000+ square feet of carpet in 12 hours, only breaking for lunch at TB.

The electric ran non-stop (other than lunch) because of the APO.

You can have high production cleaning without a BIG TRUCK setup.

ronbeatty

Name
Ron Beatty
Richard, Everybody has a niche. I am a carpet cleaner that does a small amount of restoration. Most of my operating income is made cleaning carpet. I could buy more trucks and hire more people, or I can complete more work in a shorter period of time with the Vortex's. Plus it leaves an impression that is hard for another company to make. I am 50 years old and have been doing this since I was 16. 34 years at something gives you a pretty good idea of what works for you!!!!!!!.

ronbeatty

Name
Ron Beatty
Bob, I spoke with you at Mikeyfest in Nashville. Your units are very well built and I am sure you believe very strongly in your product. I started with portable equipment in 1976 and know for a fact that their is NO WAY that you could even come close to cleaning as well with your equipment as we do with these trucks. To even compare is a joke.

A

amazingcleansc

i've had one and i cleaned a 5000 s.f. nice house in no time flat with a 15.5 in pmf ti wand. dry too.

You don't need 200k plus in equipment to do a job. How much labor did you have on that job? The pic is really nice, but the scenario is overkill imo. Two Everests would produce the same result, or better yet one Everest with three people. Two to clean and one to spray, pull hose, and clean so someone can take a break.

joeynbgky

Supportive Member
Name
Joey
Looks good, wish i could afford a V. but not everyone is rich. Maybe one day from an inheritance I can get one :)

ronbeatty

Name
Ron Beatty
Daniel, I have used about every piece of equipment made in the last 33 years. I started with a 17" inch scrubber, then I bought a portable to rinse the carpet. Then we bought two Hydra Master slide-in units, Butlers for 25 years and then the Vortex's. You guys that have never run a Vortex can speculate all you want but you can not get more power out of a portable than you can get out of a 20 amp circuit, if you can find one. A slide-in with a #4 blower and a 30 hp engine gasoline can not produce as much torque as a 175hp diesel. Do the math, your argument doesn't hold up to someone who has quiet a bit more experience.

ronbeatty

Name
Ron Beatty
Joey, I was not born rich, my father was a milkman and was raised with 2 brothers and 2 sisters. I earn my money the old way, it is called hard work and plenty of it. :wink: By the way I have missed three days work in 33 years, had my appendices removed.

Ryan

Ron stop shilling.

I'm visiting my faimly in IN this weekend and arrived "just in time" to help on a 23,000 sq ft job. I ran a vortex wand for almost 6 hours yesterday.

I also cut my teeth on a steam action with a 56 blower and there isn't much difference between it and a vortex except for price(and the steam action was hotter). There is no way I would pay the price for a new V. You could put two nice trucks on the road for that much, and dual wand the big jobs through two different doors instead of getting all congested through one door.

Good answer Ryan.

I did a hotel last week. :shock:

Three floors hallways only about 8k sq ft. We used two trucks parked at each end of the building, started on the third floor, and cleaned that hallway first with one truck. Then we each cleaned half a hallway on the second and first floor. The job took five hours for 800 dollars. I paid a local cleaner/friend 120 to help. I didn't make killer money, but I did make a profit.

Bob Savage

Name
Bob Savage
Ron said:
Bob, I spoke with you at Mikeyfest in Nashville. Your units are very well built and I am sure you believe very strongly in your product. I started with portable equipment in 1976 and know for a fact that their is NO WAY that you could even come close to cleaning as well with your equipment as we do with these trucks. To even compare is a joke.
Ron, it's obvious that you didn't look closely at our truckmount at Mikefest.

It's not "portable equipment", although it is mobile when needed to be, and does run strictly off electricity, and LP.

It will produce the same heat, or more, than your Vortex does, at high flow, with our patented LP heater (it's not a Little Giant).

It will keep up with a V in production, and clean as well.

In all due respect, it is not a joke, I can promise you that.

joeynbgky

Supportive Member
Name
Joey
Ron, when you retire, I'll buy the business ok? As long as the V's come with it... So after 33 years your ready to retire by the winter. :)

ronbeatty

Name
Ron Beatty
Ryan, When you get a little more experience in running BIG jobs, you will understand that there is more to consider when setting up, such as where is the water, sanitary sewer trap, is it a SECURE facility where the owner (remember this is the person paying you) does not want multiple doors open.
What year was the Vortex, mine are 07HAT units, there is a big difference between the older units and the ones built by Blueline when it comes to heat. The blower is TI 850 some what larger than a 56 blower

rwcarpet

Supportive Member
Name
Robert Hodge
Today, we ran 2 wands.....each with 50' of 2 1/2 hose, and the rest 2", off the Genesis. It maintained at least 220* or more. We worked close to each other....me and 1 employee....and one cleaned offices, and the other concentrated on halls. We ran 1 Ti wand with glide, and 1 PC Quad wand for the tighter areas. Isn't efficiency great? 1 wand would have taken 3 hours longer.

Bob Savage

Name
Bob Savage
Absolutely, Robert, efficiency IS what happens when you run dual wands!

I have been doing just that for 20 years now.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom