Love my V's

Jimbo

Way to go, Ron! They won't understand...but you know what works!!- Jim

Ryan

ronbeatty said:
Ryan, When you get a little more experience in running BIG jobs, you will understand that there is more to consider when setting up, such as where is the water, sanitary sewer trap, is it a SECURE facility where the owner (remember this is the person paying you) does not want multiple doors open.
What year was the Vortex, mine are 07HAT units, there is a big difference between the older units and the ones built by Blueline when it comes to heat. The blower is TI 850 some what larger than a 56 blower

Larger then a 56 yes but how much of that power are you using? It was a 720 with a 6008 blower.

Ron when I first started cleaning the average job we did was around 5k sq feet the biggest almost 100k. If the owner dosn't want more then one door open then only open one, but most of the time they are more then happy to let you in more then one.

I think you guys are serisously over complicating sucking dirt out of carpet. For less then the price of one Vortex I could buy two new vans and two new units. And I would also have easy access to parts and CUSTOMER service depending on who I went with.

ronbeatty

Name
Ron Beatty
Ryan, I do more than "suck dirt out of carpet", and I get paid very well to care for their several million dollar property. I was the high bidder on this project based on years of experience and "equipment". After my labor expenses for four experienced team members, I earned $625.00 dollars an hour from arrival at the location till we pulled out of the parking lot.

Ryan

ronbeatty said:
Ryan, I do more than "suck dirt out of carpet", and I get paid very well to care for their several million dollar property. I was the high bidder on this project based on years of experience and "equipment". After my labor expenses for four experienced team members, I earned $625.00 dollars an hour from arrival at the location till we pulled out of the parking lot.

When you gross over 10 figures get back to me.

Ryan

ronbeatty said:

You neted that or grossed it?

And if you had 4 employes there thats only $157 a man hour. Thats a very nice net, if thats your gross thats about normal for a commerical job.

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael
seriously speaking, this is not "A MY DICK IS BIGGER OR BETTER THAN YOUR THREAD" is a post stating performance. There are many honda's that can run or go faster than a ferrari, but at the end of the day a honda is a honda and a ferrari is a ferrari. i havent been in the carpet cleaning biz that long but have seen and used enough tm's to know that for what i use my machines for, no other unit i have used can compare to them. again its not a "yours is inferior" thread its a "LOOK WHAT I DID WITH MY HI-PERFORMANCE UNITS".

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael
i connot afford "REAL VORTEX" so i rebuild older units, maximizing air flow and overall (with the exception of the controls) simplifying the units to get as much suck and energy to the carpet as possible. V's are not for everyone, especially the older ones that require alot of patience and learning.

Ryan

dealtimeman said:
seriously speaking, this is not "A MY DICK IS BIGGER OR BETTER THAN YOUR THREAD" is a post stating performance. There are many honda's that can run or go faster than a ferrari, but at the end of the day a honda is a honda and a ferrari is a ferrari. i havent been in the carpet cleaning biz that long but have seen and used enough tm's to know that for what i use my machines for, no other unit i have used can compare to them. again its not a "yours is inferior" thread its a "LOOK WHAT I DID WITH MY HI-PERFORMANCE UNITS".

I just don't want someone new to the biz reading this thread then going out and buying a Vortex thinking they need a $85,000 set up to suck dirt.

You can dress this business up all you want but all we do it suck dirt out of fiber.

steve frasier

Supportive Member
Name
steve frasier
Ron, they will never understand what you are saying.

I bought one to save time and gain space. Once I priced a box truck and big slide in, $20,000 really was not that much more for what you get.

Ryan

steve frasier said:
Ron, they will never understand what you are saying.

I bought one to save time and gain space. Once I priced a box truck and big slide in, $20,000 really was not that much more for what you get.

I cleaned with a vortex 5 days a week for almost 6 months before I started my own biz, I understand the differences between them and a regular set up.

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael
why are you so determined to down play the significance or role of a big truck then?

anyone can see that they are going to work at the highest possible performance level you can work at.

I just don't want someone new to the biz reading this thread then going out and buying a Vortex thinking they need a $85,000 set up to suck dirt.

You can dress this business up all you want but all we do it suck dirt out of fiber

that is like saying , you need to have a car to get to work, i can ride my bike. i dont need a $20000 car to drive to work when i can ride my $69 huffy ten speed.

all the people who drive mercedes dont need them but they like the quality of the car and the performance that it provides.

NOBODY STARTING IN THE CARPET CLEANING BIZ SHOULD BUY A NEW BIG TRUCK!

Bob Savage

Name
Bob Savage
dealtimeman said:
why are you so determined to down play the significance or role of a big truck then?

anyone can see that they are going to work at the highest possible performance level you can work at.
And I said:

Very nice looking rigs, but 2 weeks ago on a Saturday we (3 of us - 2 vans - dual wanding on one of them, and our electric for the other) did 37,000+ square feet of carpet in 12 hours, only breaking for lunch at TB.
I would call that some high performance cleaning without a BIG TRUCK and BIG MACHINE.

Name
George Valliant
I'm in this biz cuz I love it. I consider myself a professional athlete and cc'ing is my sport.

You think Tiger Woods compromises on equipment? Does any professional athlete compromise on equipment? Why would I settle for anything less than a Big Truck?

Sorry nay sayers. If you want to play like the big boys you gottta pay like the big boys.

Ryan

Carpet Cleaning Fool said:
I'm in this biz cuz I love it. I consider myself a professional athlete and cc'ing is my sport.

You think Tiger Woods compromises on equipment? Does any professional athlete compromise on equipment? Why would I settle for anything less than a Big Truck?

Sorry nay sayers. If you want to play like the big boys you gottta pay like the big boys.

You didn't pay 100 k for a new one. Those are the guys I said were crazy.

Ryan

I would rather look up to Bill Gates or Henry Ford, and I think they would buy what ever would give them the best return on their investment.

I'm a own a business not a golf tour.

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
ronbeatty said:
Daniel, I have used about every piece of equipment made in the last 33 years. I started with a 17" inch scrubber, then I bought a portable to rinse the carpet. Then we bought two Hydra Master slide-in units, Butlers for 25 years and then the Vortex's. You guys that have never run a Vortex can speculate all you want but you can not get more power out of a portable than you can get out of a 20 amp circuit, if you can find one. A slide-in with a #4 blower and a 30 hp engine gasoline can not produce as much torque as a 175hp diesel. Do the math, your argument doesn't hold up to someone who has quiet a bit more experience.

you do realize you are limited to what ever the PTO is rated for??? or the automatic transmission....

to say you are using the full 175 HP is wrong.....if i remember hearing right, its around 60ish

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni

dude, get real.
YOU don't own the best equipment
you own a broke down, worn out, Venturi POS money pit with a 59 blower.... :roll:

..L.T.A.

ronbeatty

Name
Ron Beatty
Anybody can get carpet wet. There have been comments about dual wand with slide-ins, you are cheating your customers if you are trying this. The largest hose that I have seen coming off the top of a blower on a slide-in is 2 1/2". When we were set up the other evening we had two 2 1/2' inch vac lines running off the side ports on the Vortex's, You can see the pictures below, there is a 5" hose coming off the blower, there is no restriction, we are using the available airflow. We offer a premium service, always thinking of our customers to give them the most for their money.
100_1183.jpg

DSC_0188.jpg

Erik

Supportive Member
Name
Erik
I've said it once and I'll say it again, until you've used a Vortex on a 300'+ hose run.....you will never get it!!!!! This is one of our annual accounts, it's 44,000 Sq/Ft. I couldn't imagine doing this job with a smaller blower and still obtain excellent vacuum at the wand. We are only allowed to access one door, so the hose runs are very long. I'm with Ron on this one! When your business consist of very large commercial jobs, the convenience and power of the Vortex/AT is unmatched.

P.S. Once you get all the engineering bugs out of the unit, like most units have issues, the older they get...the better they run.

IMG_003502.jpg

Ryan

Umm Ron no one is cheating their customers.

Beautiful trucks by the way...

Your obviously very proud of them. Just don't tell other cleaners they need something like the V's to do big jobs or that they do any better of a job because they don't.

I HAVE CLEANED THOUSANDS AND THOUSANDS OF SQ FEET OF CARPET WITH A VORTEX. I not just some guy on here bitchin'.

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
While i agree that MFG pipe DOWN...you better look again

my everest has a 3.5

others have 4s

look again

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael
ryan ,what do you do on a 400 ft run?

:shock: do you dual wand a 400 ft run?

I ran a dynachem with a number 4 blower and a 20 something hp engine for two years and at every additional 100 ft of hose past the normal 200 ft run, i would notice a huge drop in water recovery/ dry times. this would lead to long dry times sometimes a musty smell and wickback issues galore.

when i bought my first v i didnt buy it for the power, i bought it for the room, so i could carry all i needed. after about two months i started fixing the truck to increase performance. now the same accounts that took forever to dry in the begining, now take about two and half hours to completely dry and i have enough room to carry 6 airpaths to make sure it is dry. i sometimes, depending work load, will call a friend to come and help us if we are not going to finish in the time i wanted to finish at. the main guy i call to come help has a chemspec 4 cylinder with a 56 blower. i always ask him to run 4 to the door or 4 for atleast 100 ft. and there is always a big difference in his dry times and mine.

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael
one of the biggest upgrades i did on my trucks, was to free up airflow by limiting the restriction. so i did research and saw that the new v's had five inch hose out of the blower into the waste tank. i did the same. but what i did not like was that out of the tank ,on trucks that have an inline filter, was two inch ports with two inch hose. so i decided to use sanitized grade 3 inch solid stainlees steel tubeing from the waste tank down to the filter box and from the filter box to the external vac hookup ports i used 2.5 inch.

IMG_5335.jpg

DSCF0754.jpg

DSCF0755.jpg

steve g

Name
steve garrett
well in 3 years from now when your HX or some other part blows up, give shawn york a call for new parts, let me know how that conversation goes and get back to me.

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael
dude, get real.
YOU don't own the best equipment
you own a broke down, worn out, Venturi POS money pit with a 59 blower....

bob savage, i know this comment was not directed at me but i can promise you that two of my modified (simplified) v's will completly out perform any unit that you have. i have tested my units to operational extremes and while i am not an engineer, i can tell if it works or doesnt. my machines will hold any temperature i set them to up 280 degrees at up to 700 psi and my units have a much higher potential vac run, period. all this while running my 59 blowers at 1600 rpm.

e1faa865.jpg

b701f825.jpg

steve i do not use an oil heat transfer hx anymore as that is not simple and did not work for me.

Erik

Supportive Member
Name
Erik
steve g said:
well in 3 years from now when your HX or some other part blows up, give shawn york a call for new parts, let me know how that conversation goes and get back to me.

I never had a problem getting any parts. Thanks, Vlad :D

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom