Love our new filter for our TM hoses

Greenie

steve frasier said:
put a nylon in the sock and you will like it even better

Socks are lame, get stainless and do the nylon thing on the OUTside

Mike,

I ran filterless the other day, not worth it to me to have to shut down the TM so I can open the waste tank to get to the basket but I could tell the airflow difference at 100' but no difference at 50'

Filterless = no basket

but does a litle more air flow really help dry the carpet or just empty the vac hose a little faster, l;ift doesn't change

All of the above, also the lift is the same at the TM cause the gauge reads right off the Blower, but the Net Lift at the wand is higher from less restriction

I seem to notice that if the clearview filter is in the middle of 2 50' sections of vac hose then the air flow sounds better then if the filter is close to the TM

Exactly. the restriction is a choke point at the beginning of the system, screwing up the whole hose run.

G

the Net Lift at the wand is higher from less restriction

Nope- that is not how it works. Lift is a measurement of restriction; no restriction means NO lift in the system. Less restriction in the system means more flow(CFMs). That is a good thing.

Greenie

Once again you show where your head is at. If the hose has less restrictions enroute to the wand, you will transfer more of the avail. lift to the actual carpet, at this point of restriction , it's a healthy restriction right at the carpet, cfms drop momemtarily and lift raises creating the optimum environment for extraction to occur.

There is not much loss in airflow on a long hose run, but there is a considerable drop in lift from frictional loss.

Run the same hose length with a larger diameter hose, and you will have less frictional loss and more lift at the end, it's quite noticeable.

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
You have such a pretty name Neva so why didn't you use that instead of the steamonsnot name?

G

If the hose has less restrictions enroute to the wand, you will transfer more of the avail. lift to the actual carpet,

Wrong direction there Greenie. The hose DOES NOT transfer air to the wand, the wand transfers air into the hose! It does make a difference.The air coming in is under HIGH PRESSURE; the air in the hose is under LOW PRESSURE. The difference between the 2 pressures is called lift. The lower the pressure in the hose, the GREATER the lift. Unfortunatly, the second greatest restriction to flow(after the WCI) is the vacuum hose. This is because of the length of hose connected, NOT because the frictional loses within the hose are particlarly high.The best way to increase the flow is to keep the hoses as short as possible.

Neva

well jimmy

I don't have an answer. But I'm thrilled you like my real name! Thanks for the compliment. It is really nice..not to have the same name as someone else.

Funny I say hi my name is Neva. People always say, what? What is it? I'm excited when people get my name right the first time.
I remember when someone once said 'What's a Neva?' I rolled right over and started laughing. Oh boy! :lol:
LOL!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom