Lovin the 360i

F

FB7777

Cleaned a dozen area rugs this weekend in the garage . 8 of them I cleaned with Rotovac. Some of these rugs were trashed and they came out awesome.

Damn this machine is every bit as good of a rotary cleaner than the RX20

Not as durable IMO , and I am concerned about how long the tiny motor will last but it's a breeze to lift out of the truck and maneuver in homes

This is. My first Rotovac purchase so I have nothing to compare to as far as quality build and cleaning ability, but the 4 head 360i is an amazing cleaning machine.

Couple more months and I'll be getting one for the other van.

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
Keep us posted Fred.
Be interesting if you also tried the Hoss next to it, as I know you'd give a good heavily tested in the field, review.

F

FB7777

I demoed a HOSS at a local supplier, if I didn't already have an RX20, I may have gone with the HOSS

It runs very similar to an RX20 IMO... Built as well too

I was looking for a lighter machine for residential, an added benefit is its deep cleaning on area rugs

Still using the RX for big commercial jobs

Both the HOSS and 360i have a flexible shield which is a benefit over the Rx20 when cleaning near furniture legs

We run into a ton of sculptured berber and the Rotovac is great for hitting the fibers in all directions

Easier to get it dry fast due to dry passes being effortless with a rotary

juniorc82

Supportive Member
Name
Jon Coret
I have a 360i and I think it was an overhyped waste of 2 grand. I admit it did clean up a few rentals that where totaly toasted but the production time totaly sucked ass. I think on anything that is so trashed it requires the 360i you would do just as well with a highflow wand and a 175. As a matter of fact I would like to sell my used only 10 times 360i for 1500 if anyone is interested

F

FB7777

Is it the 4 jet head unit?

$1500 is a pretty good deal, but I didn't pay much more than that for a new one

Good review Fred.

Have you ever run a drimaster? I know it sucks for wall to wall, but I would like to know how well it cleans area rugs. I like the fact that you should in theory be able to clean to the edge of rugs with no overspray or too much wetting.

F

FB7777

Danielc, Years ago at a local CAD ... Didn't seem aggressive enough for a rotary

I like the speed dial on the 360i for control especially near edges and transition areas on wall to wall

Mikey P

Administrator
juniorc82 said:
I think on anything that is so trashed it requires the 360i you would do just as well with a highflow wand and a 175. As a matter of fact I would like to sell my used only 10 times 360i for 1500 if anyone is interested

Do a lint filter exam after you do both methods.

Putting speed over results is a Rob Allen no no

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
the 360i is a good machine...its just not great on everything...I agree with production rates....I am not a fast cleaner..but at the same time I want to be as efficient as possible...I did a big empty the other day that I know the 360i could of handled...but I was in and out way faster with the 700 then I would of been with the 360i...taking off much bigger bites and moving at a better pace........for me it is a balance of quantity...but not letting the quality suffer....

both the 700 and the 360i has the dome head and holds the heat where it belongs....where as the RX..you loose it all because of the hight....this is probably one of the best improvements for rotaries I have ever seen...

something I noticed the other evening...while doing one of my reality offices...I was using the 360i in the smaller cubical areas because they were pretty tight....and I was using the 700 in the larger open areas...after running the 360i in a area..I noticed that there was nothing coming threw the site tube....I just figured that it was pretty dry...then I grabbed the 700 and when I spun it around and I hit that area and noticed all kinds of water coming threw.....so then I really started watching it and noticed the same thing time and time again...what I figure is that the vacuum shoes on the 360i were locked down to the carpet and it was just not getting any air movement....but with the 700 and the way the vacuum shoes are made...they have the little slots in them and it allows the air to move and gives you a better recovery....you will get the same thing with a RX that is glided and un-glided..

It's a good little machine..it has its place....and the lighter weight is nice....

Mikey P said:
juniorc82 said:
I think on anything that is so trashed it requires the 360i you would do just as well with a highflow wand and a 175. As a matter of fact I would like to sell my used only 10 times 360i for 1500 if anyone is interested

Never cleaned with a 360, but I can say that with the RX and the way it is set up it pulls more shit out of the carpet than you would imagine. I have to change the filter two or three times on each job. If I just use the basket in the tank, it will be full of crap much so more than a wand. It just digs and pulls more hair, lint, sand, dirt, and crap than a wand.

So how good does the 360 honestly do on rugs either cleaned in the home or in your driveway? :lol:

I know I would not want to use the RX on most rugs especially in a home.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
danielc said:
Mikey P said:
juniorc82 said:

Never cleaned with a 360, but I can say that with the RX and the way it is set up it pulls more shit out of the carpet than you would imagine. I have to change the filter two or three times on each job. If I just use the basket in the tank, it will be full of crap much so more than a wand. It just digs and pulls more hair, lint, sand, dirt, and crap than a wand...so when you are grinding all that in with a 175..then using your wand....how full is the lint basket...and how is that faster...???

So how good does the 360 honestly do on rugs either cleaned in the home or in your driveway? :lol:
you cant use a rotary on all of them...but the ones you can they do a great job...

I know I would not want to use the RX on most rugs especially in a home.

vincent

Name
Vincent Sapp
Fred
Just make sure you rinse it out everyday. Make double sure you check the slots from the top side of the head as debris can get lodged in there (it can't been seen from there also) and can't be seen from the bottom side slots.

I run mine everyday and would say it has close to 600 hrs on it and still holding strong.

One thing I did was replace the domed nuts on the handle bars and replaced them with locking nuts.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
vincent said:
Fred
Just make sure you rinse it out everyday. Make double sure you check the slots from the top side of the head as debris can get lodged in there (it can't been seen from there also) and can't be seen from the bottom side slots.

I run mine everyday and would say it has close to 600 hrs on it and still holding strong.

One thing I did was replace the domed nuts on the handle bars and replaced them with locking nuts.

and spin the head off and check it now and then...... :shock:

IMG_6037.jpg

miksar

Supportive Member
Name
Mike Fent
Fred, I have probably about 2500 hours on my 360. I have the older 360 with the swoop head and it's still going strong. I've changed the brushes on the motor once. The only issue I've ever had was when I started using the swoop head and it started bogging down in thicker carpets and a call to Rotovac fixed that. I use this thing all day every day, I even use it on stairs. I do take the head off at the end of the last job of the day to clean and lubricate the felt seal.

Vivers

Supportive Member
Name
Bill
Totally here you on the production rate. I have not used a 360i but did have the older version for about a week and sold it! I really thought the idea was great but man did it take forever to clean a room. Also don't like not getting in corners or worrying about tiled areas. The swirl marks sometimes can be a real pain as well. As far as lockdown I believe you can get some Teflon glides for the heads which will solve your problem. We do just fine with a high flow wand, 4 to the door, and 260 on nasties. That being said I know so many guys love them and I am happy your digging it. Enjoy.

GeneMiller

Name
gene miller
i always hear people talking about time. the thing is when a carpet is nasty the rotary cleans it with ease and a lot faster then a wand regardless of heat and flow. you can't beat the agitation. it's better to scrub and suck up then use a 175 to scrub dirt in. I only pull out the rotary when necessary. we did 2 identical rooms and the rotary was faster and cleaned better then the 175 wand combo. the hoss has to be faster then the rotovac. the thing i like about the rotovac is i can train somebody in about 1 minute flat even if they have never cleaned a carpet.

gene

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
Gene,
I am sure you are right. However, it all mostly comes down to who your clients are and how many tools you can carry on the van.
No doubt the rotary machine, in case of heavy soil is likely to save time compared to the 175 & Wand combo.
However, if most of your clients don't run their carpet to the ground, the 175 & wand combo can give you a lot more flexibility and cleaning options.

With lightly ("normally") soiled carpet, as hopefully most of your clients' homes are, a high flow wand is perfectly good.

The 360i just doesnt look that impressive to me. Underpowered and not very impressive looking. Plus it doesnt seem very sturdy in my opinion. Ive ran a Rx-20 for 10 years and its built to handle anything you throw at it. The only thing it has going for it is the price as far as i can see. Rotovac is not a leader in the carpet cleaning industry. That being said there are a lot of companys usings this machine and raving about the performance.

Name
Lee Stockwell
Ummm...you DO know the RX20 was designed by the same guy?

I'm not going to label who the "leaders" or "followers" are in the industry, but Cliff is definately not one of the latter.

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
In addition to Lee's comment.
Also, who cares about who's the leader and who's not. They all seem to copy from each other. What we care about is the quality of the cleaning it provides and durability of the machine.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom