Loving my custom PMF tile tool..

Mikey P

Administrator
We Dry Treated this travertine last year..

now with Magic Wand Oxy Blaster, a GLS scrub and a quick rinse it's as easy as this...

th_photobucket-32583-1328062945437.jpg
click pic to watch video

$225 in an hour and great custom retention considering they already paid us 2.50 a foot to clean and seal less then 8 months ago

photobucket-16490-1327732812009.jpg

photobucket-32611-1328063296188.jpg

photobucket-49564-1328061642366.jpg

Able 1

Name
Keith
You still use a spinner? Seems like that PMF would do the trick 90% of the time... I'm sure you still do, but if you would crank up the psi with the PMF WTH is the difference? I haven't done much tile, just curious.

Mikey P

Administrator
yes, I still use the spinner.

4 jet tools like these can cause streaking in certain situations.

I use it mostly for edging.

But one we've Dry Treated a stone or tile floor they clean right up.

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
do they still get as dirty with the dry treat on there??

I got one place that they put in a pretty porus tile, in a rest room....in a warehouse :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

always cleans up nice when i hit it....but they want something they can mop and have it clean up....

and have me in every 6 mth instead of 2

I am thinking this next time i need to hit it with an acid cleaner though....

as nice as it looks in those pics....around the urinal, and sinks...its having some issues, and i have spot used acid, and it makes it brighter still

John Watson

Wowwie Douggy,Dat ther look Beautimus. We sold our spinner a few years back, Used the cimex w/stiff brushes and the gecko to rinse and extract. Worked good for what we had to do. Been atellin son Jay about it. what kind of giddas you make on a job that??

Larry B

Name
Larry Burrell
floorguy said:
in fact its this one
2011-08-09_20-14-40_82.jpg

That looks standard for a warehouse restroom. If this place has forklifts there is no way your going to keep the restroom tile looking good unless you have people remove shoes at the door and stop dripping at the urinals.

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
i figured....but i was hoping there was a bandaid type fix for this....

why the hell they choose to put that in there i just dont know...

in fact can you see how ridge and porus it is in the pic???

K P

I think texture is a better word for that ceramic,when you use porous,we assosiate that with absorbent which it is not very.The travetine he sealed is very absorbent so it can take a sealer.The culprit "is" the mopping crew as stated above.

I used to have a wand similar to that one but that was before there were spinners,no where near the prodution time,but like stated,good for edges and smaller areas.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Which machine did you use Mike and what chems? Looked great!

Nice work Doug, those guys should have chosen a black tile for the bathroom. :shock:

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
oh they mop everyday, and while not a new mop, or if they dump buckets multiple times or not, i dont know...

but they clean everyday...

in fact you might get your TP from this place 8) 8) 8) 8)

They have to keep it cleaned up....

Looks like ill tell them they are SOL...

Mike the floor looks good, but you charged these people 2.50 a foot and the floor likely looked dirty in a couple months. That is not good. How were they cleaning it?

I would have sealed that floor and with their permission put several coats for floor finish down. That really helps protect the floor and makes cleaning easier.

On all my color seal jobs I have been pointing people towards the hoover floor mate followed by dry mopping with terry cloths to pick up any moisture and dry the floor.

Anyways it looks really good.

As far as the gecko it is the biggest pos tool ever for tile. I hate the damn thing.

But is has a lot promise. With the multi-jet head with squeegee it picks up water superbly so I think it would work good for hardwood cleaning and lower pressures. The only thing is you have to pull it backwards. You can't push it forward.

K P

"I would have sealed that floor and with their permission put several coats for floor finish down." "That really helps protect the floor and makes cleaning easier."

:shock: :shock: :roll: :roll:

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
And someday you will have to strip that floor finish off.

:lol:

sweendogg

Name
David Sweeney
If a customer only knew :shock: Dani you going to buy a stone floor one of these days with that philosophy.. possibly a ceramic or porcelain floor too... :twisted:

K P

danielc said:
Jimmy L said:
And someday you will have to strip that floor finish off.

It's not so hard to strip off. I have done it numerous times.

Daniel,
For starters stone breathes,but if you want a high gloss shine that will become a little less porous you can hone and polish it.I dont even like the thought of a man made with a finish on it.

Kevin P said:
danielc said:
[quote="Jimmy L":1kpzmhk3]And someday you will have to strip that floor finish off.

It's not so hard to strip off. I have done it numerous times.

Daniel,
For starters stone breathes,but if you want a high gloss shine that will become a little less porous you can hone and polish it.I dont even like the thought of a man made with a finish on it.[/quote:1kpzmhk3]

It's best to just apply sealer like Mike did, but some people want a finish. Saltillo is very porous hence why you need to let it dry very good (preferably over night) before you seal it and apply finish. The finish does help resist soiling. Most people don't want a high gloss though. Just depends on the customer and yes with the right equipment getting it off is not a problem.

And I didn't look at the picture really good to see that it was stone. :roll: I would not have applied finish to that floor at all.

Back on topic I watched the video and that tool looks great.

How is it with overspray? That is what I hated about the gecko.

I want one.

Looks like it does a great job.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom