Loving my custom PMF tile tool..

GeneMiller

Name
gene miller
a bathroom floor that evenly dirty is from mopping. good for you. with a drain in the floor they could keep it clean if they knew how.

gene

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
danielc said:
Kevin P said:
danielc said:
And someday you will have to strip that floor finish off.

:lol:

It's not so hard to strip off. I have done it numerous times.

Daniel,
For starters stone breathes,but if you want a high gloss shine that will become a little less porous you can hone and polish it.I dont even like the thought of a man made with a finish on it.

It's best to just apply sealer like Mike did, but some people want a finish. Saltillo is very porous hence why you need to let it dry very good (preferably over night) before you seal it and apply finish. The finish does help resist soiling. Most people don't want a high gloss though. Just depends on the customer and yes with the right equipment getting it off is not a problem.

And I didn't look at the picture really good to see that it was stone. :roll: I would not have applied finish to that floor at all.[/quote]

and some people want to (fill in the blank)

just because they want to, doesnt mean you should do it.....EDUCATE THEM!!!!

then after allllll the talking they still want it...well then do it, i guess :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

its people like you who just slaps shit on there to make it SHINY that i would love to tie your ass to the machine and bitch slap when i have to take it off....

and no it DOES NOT COME RIGHT OFF, of grout lines

Yes Doug it peels right off if you have enough pressure. 1000 psi just doesn't do the job. You need closer to 2k psi and the wax will come right up. Just be prepared to change your filter a bunch of times. And why would you need to get the wax off except maybe once every 10 years. The floor can be cleaned and re-coated. Good stripper, the right brush, and the right pressure will take it right off. But yes I agree with you that on that particular floor I would advise against finish. I didn't see the pic real good on my phone.

IMAG0532.jpg

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
ok a few things (and i think everyone else would agree)

using a 20k pressure washer & wet vac isnt the best thing

2k psi on a grout line is just BEGGING for a problem (yea i know hasnt happened YET)

Thats not a floor finish, or if it is then you DID NOT use the right chem, and relied on the PSI to flake it off....

Correct stripper on a finish produces a GOO, or complete break down back into a liquid

100_1888.jpg

if its a non standard type finish, then it does things like this

100_1896.jpg

100_1897.jpg

or like the flecks of stuff in that filter....

also multiple cleanings of filter??? sounds like a recipe for a burned up blower

and if more then 2 people disagree with me....ill retract my comment and offer an apology

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
and see what happens to a blower intake, when you suck up stripper shit

IMAG0240.jpg

saw this at the blower repair shop, off of an older vortex

kingjoelking

Supportive Member
danielc said:
I would have sealed that floor and with their permission put several coats for floor finish down. That really helps protect the floor and makes cleaning easier.

Are you kidding me you f'ing moron? you want to put floor finish on stone? It's moron's like you that **** up good looking stone floors. Turning my stone jobs into an utter nightmare and a big outlaying of cash by my new customer after they realize how you have ****** up there floor.

kingjoelking

Supportive Member
danielc said:
Yes Doug it peels right off if you have enough pressure. 1000 psi just doesn't do the job. You need closer to 2k psi and the wax will come right up. Just be prepared to change your filter a bunch of times. And why would you need to get the wax off except maybe once every 10 years. The floor can be cleaned and re-coated. Good stripper, the right brush, and the right pressure will take it right off. But yes I agree with you that on that particular floor I would advise against finish. I didn't see the pic real good on my phone.

IMAG0532.jpg

How is it possible that you have not purchased multiple customers new floors.

davendana

Name
d Jackass
Please don't give any advice on stone care like that . Someone who is new at this may read it, and end up buying a 10k floor.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom