Lurk, dude....what in the hell..

Mikey P

Administrator
Im dying to hear the logic behind this mess...

va.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: BIG WOOD

Trip Moses

IMOL
Name
Trip Moses
For as bad as it looks. I hate it more. It’s been one of those weeks. SMITH. It’s a I don’t have time to do it right fix.

Reactions: SamIam

encapman

Name
Rick Gelinas
Oh. Haven’t followed cycling in a few years. Did Phil outlive him?

Yes Phil outlived Paul. Paul died of a heart attack this past year at 62. The TDF is being covered by Phil Liggett and Bob Roll this year. They're doing a great job with the banter.

Speaking of Phil. If you happen to be a fan of professional cycling in the English speaking world - this book is entertaining...

Amazon product

Reactions: Trip Moses

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
Im dying to hear the logic behind this mess...

View attachment 92167
From the way it looks, it seems that he was busy one week and forgot to order male QCs. And on that busy week, his male qc on his lead hose went bad. So he dug out all the unused connectors and made the mess you see above. BUT, little did he know, he should've just used a male qc on one of his end hoses to get the job done. But when you're slammed with work, you don't think, you're in auto pilot just to get the job done

• Wow
Reactions: SamIam

Mikey P

Administrator
When I was a coit chimp I was always at least 2 to 4 hours from help fixing my equipment, as well as a day or three of lost income.

My Mcgiver skills were greatly enhanced during that time in my life.

But like Jim said, my eye for detail is a few notches above most humans and s*** like that would drive me nuts..
My Santa Cruz guys will work with broken lopsided leaky or upside down equipment for weeks or months and not think anything of it but I'll stop mid job and work for an hour to keep from doing so...

Last edited:

Kenny Hayes

Name
Kenny Hayes
And why do you think I say, “that tribe is legion.” They’re all cousins🤷🏼‍♂️ I guess owners are all #cousins too😬

Also, don’t try to make sense out of it.

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
When I was a coit chimp I was always at least 2 to 4 hours from help fixing my equipment, as well as a day or three of lost income.

My Mcgiver skills were greatly enhanced during that time in my life.

But that's Jim said my eye for detail is a few notches above most humans and s*** like that would drive me nuts..
My Santa Cruz guys will work with broken lopsided leaky or upside down equipment for weeks or months and not think anything of it but I'll stop mid job and work for an hour to keep from doing so...
That's funny. That happened to me this week. Macy and I were on our first job for the day. I noticed my high pressure swivel was leaking. It was really getting on my nerves and we were pretty close to the shop. After the job told Macy we're headed back to the shop to replace that swivel. She got really annoyed. She's learning how to be flexible, but it's not coming easy. She looks at the schedule for the day, and gets target fixation. She doesn't see the four other things I have planned in my head that never made it to the printed schedule for the day. It drives her nuts and she actually becomes quite annoying to deal with.

Anyway, I had to get that swivel replaced. Those things never get better on their own. Plus, I figured it would be a good teaching moment for her. She fought me all the way. I wanted her to grab the tools and learn how to replace that thing. She wondered off, went to the bathroom, got some water, stared at the sky. I asked her to pull out all 250' of solution line. Instead of pulling it out in a straight run, she pulls it out and piles it in a big birdnest at the back bumper of the van. ERRRRR, Then I hand her an allen wrench and she resists. "I'm not mechanical", she says. I replied, "This is how you learn. So get your head in the game. I need to know you can problem solve if you are ever running things in my absence. I need to know you won't just let things fall apart." As you can imagine, that went over like a turd in the punch bowl.

I love millennials that know everything.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom