Mac Talk

boazcan

Name
Bryan C
I think I have convinced myself to make the jump into a Mac.

Has anyone switched from PC to Mac in the past 6 months that has regretted it?

I am leaning toward the iMac - either base or 1 step up. Has anyone been using the mini Mac? Comments.

One last thing - gotta get an Ipad also. So, anyone running with Servicemonster 100% on the ipad for - in home invoices, quotes, payment. I was also thinking of making somethings to show the customer in the home as well, before/after pictures, pictures of during the job so they know what to expect, then possibly have leave a review straight from the ipad.

Having the Apple store 15 mins away certainly helps the decision process.

Jim Nazarian

Name
Jim Nazarian
Make the switch, you wont regret it, Apple make premium products that lead to great user experience, my biggest regret is not making the move sooner.

My office & household is filled with Apple products from My Mac Pro down to the kids Touches, my wife use a Mac mini & loves it (I added RAM to it & it performs great for her needs, it will handle all tasks except for professional Audio & Video production etc...)

Initially I was hesitant because I wasn't sure how well Quickbooks would convert & was planning on dual booting Windows or using a visualization program but everything converted fine & Windows is a distant memory, I don't use Service Monster but I thought they had or were releasing IPad\Mac versions.

You can save some money with their refurbished section on their site, same 1 year warranty & in store help if you run into a problem, Apple Certified Refurbished > http://store.apple.com/us/browse/home/s ... c/mac_mini they don't always offer the $519 Mini so act fast.

Shorty

RIP
Name
Shorty Glanville
I imagine the situation down under is somewhat different to you people over there in the land of where nothing is ever in short supply.

Apart from my distant, second removed cuz; Danny Devito. !gotcha!

I bit the bullet bought a Mac Book Pro.

Then I was told that the only version of Quicken that could run on it was the "Cloud" version.

We don't have the "normal" Quicken that will run on Apple like you do. thathurts

As there are many hills and valleys in my area, the "Cloud" version was not an option.

In many places, mobile phones do not work, even some tv channels are not always received.

Because I could not log onto "Cloud", I was not able to open Quicken, so could not even print an invoice.

I would have to write out a paper invoice, then email another invoice when I was back in range and filled out another Quicken invoice. :roll:

So I bought "Parallels" and installed it, I then purchased and installed Windows 7, then my Quicken, then my Quicken Customer Manager, + a few other things.

Still having hassles with it as some times it will print, some times it won't.

I believe their is a macro problem also, because when I press "Send" to email an invoice, the printer pops up. :x

My Millionaire computer guru, ( I think I funded his first million), is coming back over next week for "ANOTHER LOOK".

My opinion A.T.P.I.T. is, LOOK OUT WINDOWS, HERE I COME AGAIN.........................

I don't want to go to Windows 8 just yet, wish I could still have XP to be honest, at least that was more stable than me.

Unfortunately, Australia lags well behind many other countries in many aspects of the IT world..

:roll: :cry:

dgargan said:
I went to Mac about 3 years ago. Just install parallels on the Mac so you can run windows also and then service monster will work on the Mac
:?: :?: What I do not understand is why buy a Mac and then install parallels on it so you can use PC software, doesn't that defeat the object of using a Mac :shock:
I have been a Mac user for the last two years and I would never contaminate my Apple products with any PC products.

Steve

Shorty

RIP
Name
Shorty Glanville
:?: :?: What I do not understand is why buy a Mac and then install parallels on it so you can use PC software, doesn't that defeat the object of using a Mac :shock:

Steve[/quote]

Because some SALES PEOPLE that sell products are not honest and upfront with their customers.

I found out about my problems AFTER my Mac was sold to me.

It's cost me several grand to find this out & the hip pocket nerve is still agro about it. :evil:

I'm sure many could say that also about carpet machines and chemicals also, not to mention mobile phones, services, cars, van, trucks, et al.

Like the beat, the list goes on..............

Shorty, up top, down under

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom