Male or Female?

Dan

Supportive Member
Name
Dan
Most guys I've seen run with the female on the lead end of there solution hose. I have always run with a stainless steel male as the lead end. I have found that chances of damage and problems are less. I am not one to drag my lead end but it happens from time to time. I have also accidentally dropped my couplers from second stories and hit concrete, that really sucks with a female. How do you set up your lead end and why?

Last edited:

Becker

Name
Becker
Male on wand and tools. Female on hose lead.

A female can stand being dragged across the drive way. What's it gunna hurt? The outside of the connector? But not the mating surfaces.

Lead hose is female female. So in other words. Male on the tools and male on the machine.

My second port I use as a water supply to fill hf, solution tank, cleaning, cooling is female. No reason. Just is.

SamIam

Name
sam miller
I do the opposite of Becker I prefer a cheaper male to replace to a more expensive female,

also if you drop a brass female it can get hard to open and close if it dents.

Also if you accidentally drop it it on tile the male end is more forgiving for knuckleheads!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

SMRBAP

Supportive Member
Name
Anthony
Male QD on tools, Female QD on the sol line.

My guys drag when they roll - females take it better.

The swage fittings on the end of our solution lines are male however...... and with the inlines I run, it causes us to use two adapters.

Swage - adapter - inline - ball valve - adapter - FQD

Ordering female swage's and the next time I have to fix an end - crimping them on, will allow

Swage - inline - ball valve - FQD (less a 1/4m to 1/4m and 1/4f to 1/4f)

Mike Draper

male on the tools. My female quick connect never last more than 6-8 weeks from my heat anyhow, so it doesnt really matter if they get worn out dragging on the ground.

Name
Steve Lawrence
With 150' pressure hose on the reel it's much cheaper for us to have males on all the tools and a safe-connect on the pressure hose.

Dan

Supportive Member
Name
Dan
I do the opposite of Becker I prefer a cheaper male to replace to a more expensive female,

Also if you accidentally drop it it on tile the male end is more forgiving for knuckleheads!

EXACTLY... Since my male is always stainless it never get damaged enough before it dies of a horrible death anyways. Im glad im not the only one.

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
I run it the same way I run my vac hose, males pointing towards the house.
I have to change all my new tools when I buy them, they always put males on them. I wish they would ask and put on the coupler we need.

Dan

Supportive Member
Name
Dan
I run it the same way I run my vac hose, males pointing towards the house.
I have to change all my new tools when I buy them, they always put males on them. I wish they would ask and put on the coupler we need.

They do that because its cheaper.

joey895

Supportive Member
Name
Joey J.
Female on the tool and male on the lead. Doing it this way i rarely if ever have to replace the females and i just replace the male once a year when i replace my solution line.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
male on the tools. My female quick connect never last more than 6-8 weeks from my heat anyhow, so it doesnt really matter if they get worn out dragging on the ground.

Mike;

A Quick-Connect with Viton seals is what we use coming out of our TM.

It will withstand much higher temperatures (300 degrees).

http://www4.cobbcarpet.com/zen/inde..._in_description=1&keyword=viton+quick+coupler

Scratched males destroy O'rings in the Females.

Stainless males do withstand abuse better.

We use FM at machine,

Male on all wands & tools.

That gives Male & Female on every hose.

Larry

Last edited:
Reactions: BLewis

Mike Draper

I know they advertise that viton will withstand the heat, I replace my O rings with them. They still don't last that long.

rwcarpet

Supportive Member
Name
Robert Hodge

I beat the crap out of my females, but they still always open up for me :redface: ! Some last for years. When rolling hoses up, I always drag the male toward me. Females on the TM, males on the tools. Lead hose has a Parker valve.

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
I know they advertise that viton will withstand the heat, I replace my O rings with them. They still don't last that long.

Mike;

There is a seal inside the quick coupler . . .

besides the two larger o'rings visible.

If the outside o'rings are tearing up . . .

then the males are badly scratched.

Larry

KevinL

Supportive Member
Name
Kevin Leach
Always drop or set down your female qd by the truck before you start reeling it up so it doesn't get dragged.

SamIam

Name
sam miller
Always drop or set down your female qd by the truck before you start reeling it up so it doesn't get dragged.

Also Im more worried about my ball valve if dragged, they don't hold up well to that at all.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom