Old Coastie

Supportive Member
Name
Stephen
IMG_1921.JPG
IMG_1922.JPG
IMG_1926.JPG
IMG_1924.JPG
I polished this countertop with 400-800-1800 grit, then Dynamite, using a flat felt pad. It is much improved, but has a slight orange peel look after polishing.

I wanted glassy smooth. This is my first try with Dynamite, rather than MB-22. What did I do wrong?

PrimaDonna

Megatron
Name
MB
I'm not well versed in this stuff, but did you just use the grit or was there any type of polishing compound or other product applied that would add a gloss?

When we polish granite, we use a product that we wipe on and wait for it to dry/haze (I liken it to car wax) , then polish with steel wool then buff with "lamb wool" looking pad. It really brings up the shine. I realize this may not work for marble, but I would think there has to be something like that out there. I'd love to know more about marble options as well.

clean image

Name
Carl Maddock
Looks like statuary Carrara

Looks burned.

Will assume use resins. If not .. That's your problem

22 is your answer

Gonna have to re hone and start over

Welcome to stone...... I have done some that polish normal powder, some that are more like Thassos and burn super easy. And recently had one needed it super hot to blend frames

Next time , if not sure , just do small section and inspect....

Also 12 work good

Sometimes we use diaglo after to pop further

Old Coastie

Supportive Member
Name
Stephen
Yup, resin disks. Got it nice and flat, but perhaps the Dynamite is too hot.

I may redo it tomorrow it there is time.

Bee Busy

Name
Bee Busy
Just what Carl said, if you use Diaglo/ Diamond Renew make sure you neutralize or use the non acidic stuff like MB 22

Name
cameron demille
Sometimes the Carrara/Calacutta/Statuario stones like this will burn and orange peel and there is nothing you can do about it. other times they will be nice and glassy. The line between variations of these stones is so small, you often can't tell until you're nearly done.

Dynamite isn't that hot, but you said you're using a felt pad? Like a firm, dense felt pad, not a white nylon pad? If so, that could be your problem. Felt pads generate too much heat.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom