Mardie's HWE experience

Mardie

Name
Mardie VanBree
OK.....

Take 2 people with the same skill set, one using your method and one using HWE via Truck Mount.

Piss my pants?

Worm and Hook come to mind.

So would this comparison be done on a low cut rubber back commercial carpet or a thick residential Burber carpet. :lol:As you can see it is like i said the best method is the best method for the situation at hand.

Just like Shooting ducks in a fish pond comes to my mind.

Becker

Name
Becker
So would this comparison be done on a low cut rubber back commercial carpet or a thick residential Burber carpet. :lol:As you can see it is like i said the best method is the best method for the situation at hand.

Just like Shooting ducks in a fish pond comes to my mind.

Ok,,, but you market to the masses.

I think on your website where you strictly deal in only one type of carpet construction.

Do you do comm?

That said, I'll come clean behind you on a carpet you think your method is best suited for.

Mardie

Name
Mardie VanBree
Ok,,, but you market to the masses.

I think on your website where you strictly deal in only one type of carpet construction.

Do you do comm?

That said, I'll come clean behind you on a carpet you think your method is best suited for.

I said nothing about dealing with only one type of carpet construction. I have gone in after many so called just cleaned carpets and have made a tremendous improvment and in a matter of fact that is how i get a lot of my new jobs. I also thrive on caked on grease pit restarounts and rat nasty residentials.Restorative carpet cleaning is where i get my reconition as a high end cleaner. So unless you wanted to pull dirt from under the backing and which would only screw up the whole job i doubt you could do better.

Last edited:

Mardie

Name
Mardie VanBree
Whats up with the 1980s von schrader pics, surely they have more modern pics.

That is all they had for me when i set up my website. I told them that their print work looks like it came out of the fifties. I took all reference to VS out of my web site accept the photos wich will go when i get the time.I will keep their accredidations listed because it is significant. I sell my name not the VS name.The clients realy dont care how you do it so long it is done to their satisfaction.

Becker

Name
Becker
must be a regional thing, of course if they visited your website that would be a stupid question.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
That would depend a lot on the your knowledge and my knowledge being aplied in the situation at hand. The method is secondary.Without making you piss your pants i will leave it at that.

I said nothing about dealing with only one type of carpet construction. I have gone in after many so called just cleaned carpets and have made a tremendous improvment and in a matter of fact that is how i get a lot of my new jobs. I also thrive on caked on grease pit restarounts and rat nasty residentials.Restorative carpet cleaning is where i get my reconition as a high end cleaner. So unless you wanted to pull dirt from under the backing and which would only screw up the whole job i doubt you could do better.

Mardie,you're talking out of your hat, Buddy

you have no knowledge of "what's best" in any situation ...because you have no experience with anything but shampoo
Sure you make 'em look good..But If you would scrub with your Cimex (or rotary) followed by flush/rinse extract with TM , you'll discover just how FOS you are .

You'd also find that the "One-Two" punch of mechanical scrub and flush/rinse extract will blow every other method out of the water (no pun intended) on 90% of the carpets you'll ever encounter .

yes Mardie, you can carve a niche and make as much money as can with sCampoo...but until you run a wand across a dozen carpets that are still damp from your best shampooing, you'll never know just how FOS are, and what a "great" clean looks like .
You simply don't know ..because you've never been there

"ignorance is bliss", they say

but what you don't understand is, you're fooling yourself, not us, cause too many of us have "been there and done that"

..L.T.A.

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
HWE cleaners are notorious for promoting their method as the only method that can clean carpet and all other methods are nothing more than interem cleaning.That to is BS
Well Mardie, I like to consider myself fairly open minded when it comes to science and such. I evaluate things as I see them, look at how it works, look at what it does, look at what is intuitively logical. When I was running my old wand with no glide and unangled jets, yes, I was seeing that there needs to be something different. I'm just not extracting like I ought to be able. I was seeing that I had a Roots 59 blower, ALL KINDS of vacuum, yet I wasn't getting the carpets very dry.
So along comes 2.5" hose, glides, 2" wands, angled jets, and I watch this work and I'm thinking, its going to take something fantastic to beat this.
So when I watch how HOST works, yes, it looks like it does a good job, no wicking, picks up the pile, looks clean. Then I've run my vacuum over it afterwards and spend hours sucking that crap out of the carpet. So how good is it?
I watch guys bonnet cleaning/OPing. They clean a 20-50 sf area, flip over the pad and its BLACK. Then instead of changing/flipping the pad, they put the machine back down and carry on for another 50-200sf. Now how clean is that REALLY making the carpet??
I watch shampoo being applied to the carpet. This is what I did years ago before I even had any clue about carpet cleaning. Spray it down, scrub it in, vacuum it up. Did an ok job, but didn't really remove much of the black. Now the VS system must be a hec of a lot better than what I was using if you're getting the results you've been posting on here. But again, I look at it, evaluate it, how clean can it really be? The shampoo powder is in there somewhere or still bonded to the carpet.

Lets say it works as good as your claims. Is it the carpet left the "cleanest" it can possibly be?
I would say that HWE, when properly performed by a trained tech and with the latest equipment and chemistry, is the FIRST choice for cleaning a carpet.
After that, take your pick and have at it.
You say you've come in after TM cleaners. So have I. AND I've come in after the other methods.
What it really means is, You are very good, well trained, at using your equipment. 80% of HWE cleaners are NOT very well trained and HWE needs more training than any other method.
What your website information describes is how the 80% clean, not how HWE actually works. For ex: HWE does not create mold, bad technicians misuse the equipment leaving poor results which results in mold. In writing my website info page on methods I try to to be as truthful about the process as I can be. There are enough misconceptions out there without propagating more.

IF I REALLY THOUGHT that HWE is not the best method, I would be selling my truck this week and buying equipment for whatever method I thought worked best. Why would I want to spend $50000 PLUS when I could do a better job with less than $10000. And my marketing would reflect my reasoning.
As I posted before, this other cleaner used HWE but still had to promote misconceptions to sell his less than ideal method. He could have just as easily promoted the benefits of using a portable without writing a lot of lies and misleading info.

Glad you're doing such a good job with the VS. We need better cleaners out there in ALL methods.

Reactions: Mikey P
Name
Steve Lawrence
When I first started in 1973 I used Von Schrader for carpet cleaning for about 2 years. Back then it was an adequate method for many carpets but also fell short on many, too. I knew there had to be a better way and my research lead me to Deep Steam Extraction equipment which was a very heavy portable with a small, positive displacement blower. When it was demonstrated on my own carpets which I had been using Von Schrader for I was amazed and blown away by the performance. The clear Lexan recovery tank was loaded with shampoo and dirt (and my carpets didn't even look that dirty). I realized that I was leaving a whole lot of dirt and Von Schrader non-resoil detergent behind on all my customer's carpets. After that demo I never once used any of my 3 Von Schrader carpet detergers again. I will say that I still like and use their upholstery cleaning machines for low moisture cleaning of many sensitive fabrics. But as far as that carpet process goes, I'll take HWE any day. However, since discovering Oscillating Pad Cleaning about 12 years ago we find ourselves using that method along with Cimex for many commercial jobs. There are a lot of great carpet cleaning tools out there and it's important to keep an open mind to find out what works best for you. I feel sorry for VS carpet cleaners who won't explore other possibilities. Perhaps some VS users will try other methods when the futility of that system smacks them upside the skull like it did me.

Mardie

Name
Mardie VanBree
Mardie,you're talking out of your hat, Buddy

you have no knowledge of "what's best" in any situation ...because you have no experience with anything but shampoo
Sure you make 'em look good..But If you would scrub with your Cimex (or rotary) followed by flush/rinse extract with TM , you'll discover just how FOS you are .

You'd also find that the "One-Two" punch of mechanical scrub and flush/rinse extract will blow every other method out of the water (no pun intended) on 90% of the carpets you'll ever encounter .

yes Mardie, you can carve a niche and make as much money as can with sCampoo...but until you run a wand across a dozen carpets that are still damp from your best shampooing, you'll never know just how FOS are, and what a "great" clean looks like .
You simply don't know ..because you've never been there

"ignorance is bliss", they say

but what you don't understand is, you're fooling yourself, not us, cause too many of us have "been there and done that"

..L.T.A.

You mention Cimex or scrub and flush which is a dual process when combined with HWE and i agree that that is an amazing combo.I dont have to be a hwe to know this. I Cimex on challenging cleans then i use a large brushed machine to lossen and dig out soil and debris for extraction. The other difference is that i use a foam with anti resoil properties as the carrier for extraction. I know real well what a great clean looks like.
I have had jobs that using OP or hwe would have been more desirable so as you can see i dont need to own these machines to know their strengths.Untill i do i will just have to tough it out and spend more time on them jobs.
I am not fooling anybody . The majority of my clients are seasoned veterons when it comes to hiring carpet cleaners.

Willy P

Name
Willy P
Ron stated it perfectly.

Mardie will catch on over time if you school yard bullies don't run him off.

Horseshit. I've offered a couple of times to get him a ride along so he could actually see HWE working for the first time. He states he has NO HWE experience at all.Flat out refusal, even after I offered to pay for his gas on the 2 hour drive. If an ignoramus chooses to remain an ignoramus- so be it.

Mardie

Name
Mardie VanBree
Well Mardie, I like to consider myself fairly open minded when it comes to science and such. I evaluate things as I see them, look at how it works, look at what it does, look at what is intuitively logical. When I was running my old wand with no glide and unangled jets, yes, I was seeing that there needs to be something different. I'm just not extracting like I ought to be able. I was seeing that I had a Roots 59 blower, ALL KINDS of vacuum, yet I wasn't getting the carpets very dry.
So along comes 2.5" hose, glides, 2" wands, angled jets, and I watch this work and I'm thinking, its going to take something fantastic to beat this.
So when I watch how HOST works, yes, it looks like it does a good job, no wicking, picks up the pile, looks clean. Then I've run my vacuum over it afterwards and spend hours sucking that crap out of the carpet. So how good is it?
I watch guys bonnet cleaning/OPing. They clean a 20-50 sf area, flip over the pad and its BLACK. Then instead of changing/flipping the pad, they put the machine back down and carry on for another 50-200sf. Now how clean is that REALLY making the carpet??
I watch shampoo being applied to the carpet. This is what I did years ago before I even had any clue about carpet cleaning. Spray it down, scrub it in, vacuum it up. Did an ok job, but didn't really remove much of the black. Now the VS system must be a hec of a lot better than what I was using if you're getting the results you've been posting on here. But again, I look at it, evaluate it, how clean can it really be? The shampoo powder is in there somewhere or still bonded to the carpet.

Lets say it works as good as your claims. Is it the carpet left the "cleanest" it can possibly be?
I would say that HWE, when properly performed by a trained tech and with the latest equipment and chemistry, is the FIRST choice for cleaning a carpet.
After that, take your pick and have at it.
You say you've come in after TM cleaners. So have I. AND I've come in after the other methods.
What it really means is, You are very good, well trained, at using your equipment. 80% of HWE cleaners are NOT very well trained and HWE needs more training than any other method.
What your website information describes is how the 80% clean, not how HWE actually works. For ex: HWE does not create mold, bad technicians misuse the equipment leaving poor results which results in mold. In writing my website info page on methods I try to to be as truthful about the process as I can be. There are enough misconceptions out there without propagating more.

IF I REALLY THOUGHT that HWE is not the best method, I would be selling my truck this week and buying equipment for whatever method I thought worked best. Why would I want to spend $50000 PLUS when I could do a better job with less than $10000. And my marketing would reflect my reasoning.
As I posted before, this other cleaner used HWE but still had to promote misconceptions to sell his less than ideal method. He could have just as easily promoted the benefits of using a portable without writing a lot of lies and misleading info.

Glad you're doing such a good job with the VS. We need better cleaners out there in ALL methods.

Ron you are one of the few people on this board that actually say it like it is without making jabs and i can say that is refreashing. Let me say that my results on the tough stuff come from using the Cimex with Realeasit instead of the regular pre spray.It is my opinion that anyone using VS should own a Cimex.
As far as the chart on my website goes i would not have put that up if it was not a real issue for people looking to hire a carpet cleaner.I have clients that can tell all kinds of horror stories. I thought i was being fair to the good hwe with the heading that i used which is "'The risks and benifiets" Seems nobody reads that part so i may make a more noticible heading for the sake of the small percentage of good hwe.
Just for the record as i have said many times on this board i do know that hwe can be a great way to clean carpet in the hands of a quallified operator. That is why i am on this board looking into it for when my time is right. so far it is a C-4
When it comes to VS and my results i only speak for myself.

Mardie

Name
Mardie VanBree
Horseshit. I've offered a couple of times to get him a ride along so he could actually see HWE working for the first time. He states he has NO HWE experience at all.Flat out refusal, even after I offered to pay for his gas on the 2 hour drive. If an ignoramus chooses to remain an ignoramus- so be it.

You should learn how to read as good as you can yip off. Way back in march i think it was when you first made this offer for a ride along i told you i am not ready for that. I also told you that i have a good realationship with a major hwe supplier in my area and he has a standing offer for me to go on a ride along and he also offerd to lend me a tm to test for myself.
When the time is wright i will.

So Willy when you are yanking out your clients stove and dryers from the walls what do they say or do they just walk away in fear.You 4 cord freak.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
My New Years Resolution is to no longer argue with reetards.

I get frustrated when they are too ignorant or too stoopit to see what everyone elses sees. Those with minds so closed they pay no attention to facts and data but rely on good old fashioned brain washing as their basis for their knowledge.

But Happy New Year all!:p

Mikey P

Administrator
After I split it with Fred and pay pal gets their cut it comes out to $2.23 per month.

And yes I need it real bad.

Our would you prefer that Marie get ran off due to his stubbornness?

Mardie

Name
Mardie VanBree
My New Years Resolution is to no longer argue with reetards.

I get frustrated when they are too ignorant or too stoopit to see what everyone elses sees. Those with minds so closed they pay no attention to facts and data but rely on good old fashioned brain washing as their basis for their knowledge.

But Happy New Year all!:p

Still trying to get one in on me after that last spanking i gave you :biggrin:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom