Marketing Untested Claims

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
Here's the article:
http://www.vancouversun.com/business/Ro ... story.html

In short. Rogers was coming out with a competitive service, they made claims about it which weren't substantiated. They were fined 10MIL.

Relating to our industry.
On many websites are claims of being the "best", better than this, better than that, cleaner, clean as, (or for Dave-the most referred), etc

Are we making the same error in marketing?
or do we need to qualify claims as our opinion?

Connor

Name
Connor
Well, you have to qualify ever single word of your claim.
You could say, "Most referred in Jacksontonville but have an asterisk noting "according to an online survey" or you can say "most thorough ever or it's free" which how thorough something is is debatable. Most places avoid that by saying "see our online thingy for details"

Small print is there for a reason.

Bob Foster

Or you can refrain from using the tired and meaningless expressions for three decades ago and think of something original that accomplishes the intended reaction.

Like check my reviews on Google or Yelp.

Art Kelley

Supportive Member
Name
Rainbow Carpet And Upholstery Cleaning
They should fine the crap out of them if they are making a specific claim that can actually be quantified and proven false.

RGH269

Name
Bobby Hales
That's why on my van it says For a Cleaner Healthier Home Their home will be cleaner and it will be healthier that can't be disputed. I have also found that with that statement most people relate it to being green. I do use Procyon on most every job, Plus Powder for heavy soil and Extreme for my every day cleaner.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom