Masks

Name
Brad Gouveia
So I been cleaning all through this Pandemic and this is the first time I was asked to wear a mask. I told her I would happily put it on for the meet and greet/tour but for the cleaning I would not be able to wear one. She did not want me to clean so we parted ways. Most my client are repeats and know me personally so maybe that is why this is a first for me but just wondering.

Have you been ask to wear them?
Do you wear them with out asking?

I do wear them when I go shopping but I feel while I am cleaning it is not practical. I sweat a lot and the paper masks I have would not last long and I doubt I would be able to breath very well when I get done.

My thoughts are if they are that worried about it they should just wait to get there carpets cleaned until later; am I wrong or what do you guys think.

I would do one of those polls on here if I knew how to to see what you guys are doing/thinking.

Reactions: Mikey P

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
So I been cleaning all through this Pandemic and this is the first time I was asked to wear a mask. I told her I would happily put it on for the meet and greet/tour but for the cleaning I would not be able to wear one. She did not want me to clean so we parted ways. Most my client are repeats and know me personally so maybe that is why this is a first for me but just wondering.

Have you been ask to wear them?
Do you wear them with out asking?

I do wear them when I go shopping but I feel while I am cleaning it is not practical. I sweat a lot and the paper masks I have would not last long and I doubt I would be able to breath very well when I get done.

My thoughts are if they are that worried about it they should just wait to get there carpets cleaned until later; am I wrong or what do you guys think.

I would do one of those polls on here if I knew how to to see what you guys are doing/thinking.
I tried wearing a mask on a small job. Elderly lady who we were cleaning up after a small water damage claim. I found it hard to breathe and at the end, the mask was a wet germy mess. I won't wear one while cleaning, don't mind at the introduction and inspection.

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
How much was the job?
Mine was $200. In a legion manor full of senior citizens. I don't mind wearing a mask and gloves in the common areas of the building, I think it's the right thing to do. The resident would be better off leaving. I have been wiping down touch surfaces that I may have touched.

Kenny Hayes

Name
Kenny Hayes
N95 with respirator in it is easier to breath in. Man, you still get hotter than blue blazes when the steam gets to rolling.

Name
Brad Gouveia
I have no problem wearing it when I am within 6 feet of them at all if that is what they want. I just did not want to wear it when they are no where close to me and I am sweating making it a wet mess. I also under bid the job and did not mind walking away from it.

I total understand their house their rules and agree, I also think my business my rules.

Just seeing what the opinion on here is.

Reactions: Cleanworks

Kenny Hayes

Name
Kenny Hayes
My one kid (44) who does most of the spraying, hates wearing them. She and I go round and round over it. I’ve gotten her a shield which she hates too😡 Wear The Damn Thing, or I’m gonna for fire you! But then I’d have to do it🙄

Reactions: Lee Stockwell

randy

Name
Randy
I use the n95 with breath valve. I just modified it and removed the inside valve with a knife. No one gets close enough to notice and I can keep from suffocating. If they ask I wear it, if not I don't. I don't think the whole mask thing will last much longer. Even World Health & CDC have backpedaled on their effectiveness.

By next week it will be, "will an armed guard accompany the tech to guard my home while the door is propped for the hose ?Will he bring an AR-15 or shotgun? Will he wear a ballistic vest? I don't want him to bled out on my front walk. Will your blood remover work on my front walk? Wait, you can't provide basic security for $40 a room."

Reactions: BradFenstermaker

Mikey P

Administrator
Boy howdy, far more masked people in Vegas than up here. To the point it felt mandated but I don't think so..

Talking with three mid twenty year old " kids" who were really enlightened to the wonderful world of politics and it's evils for the first time.
It was nice to see them become aware of life beyond the perpetual Vegas party life style.

Reactions: Bruce Humphrey

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
So those that are not wearing a mask making a point of tell the customer when the book it "FYI we don't wear mask"?
Customers will usually ask. We can't get anymore n95 mask here yet. I have some non medical masks but they don't vent like a n95. Makes it more difficult to breathe and when I start sweating, it becomes a health risk to me. If a customer has an issue with that, I have no problem with them going with someone else.

Name
Steve Lawrence
I thought this was a 15 day event to lower the curve. Bait and switch.

Almost as if these monsters went to school on low life carpet cleaning tactics.

Reactions: steve_64
Name
BradFenstermaker
If elderly or at risk possibly I wear a mask.
Otherwise I usually ask if they would feel better if I have a mask on when I'm there home.

Most say no mask on our account. We are healthy! Are you healthy??

Then I say yes I am healthy as far as I know. Let's just keep are distance to be safe.

D Luke

Supportive Member
Name
Derek
I don't want to wear a mask or frankly interact with those wearing masks. Way too much stripping of our humanity.

Not to mention no one seems to know how to wear one properly yet still they feel bulletproof and insist on getting way too close when they have one dangling off their face.

Fat Mike

Name
Mike G
I don't want to wear a mask or frankly interact with those wearing masks. Way too much stripping of our humanity.

Not to mention no one seems to know how to wear one properly yet still they feel bulletproof and insist on getting way too close when they have one dangling off their face.

I chuckled to myself the other day I was at a 3rd party dmv service and only like 6 chairs in the waiting area so what did everyone else do? They all bunched like cattle by the door. Then couple guys wearing masks had them only covering their mouths with their noses fully exposed :hopeless:

Reactions: D Luke and DAT

DAT

Name
Bill Cheryl
Then there's this...

FB_IMG_1590847328570.jpg

steve_64

Last week had one that asked a lot of questions. Was worried about her elderly mom. I said if they were concerned they can leave the house but I'm not wearing masks or gloves.
I did clean a rental house of the younger couple in their 50s or 60s after that conversation. Said they will be calling for their mom this week but haven't heard from them.

Had one cancel at the beginning of this but wanted to pay me anyway. I should call her back now.

I'm the guy people hug and say dang your hot! Wearing a mask would make me pass out. Ain't doing it.

• Eyeroll
Reactions: Bruce Humphrey

Ed Valentine

Name
Ed Valentine
What's funny was the other day we opened up a box loaded with 300 masks at our Dental Practice (my Doctor son) and guess where they were made: Yep, China!
Guess one couldn't be any closer to the Corona Virus................................................................

Reactions: steve_64

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
I total understand their house their rules and agree, I also think my business my rules.

there you have it, Brad
sounds all good

as far as mask, my company protocol dictates their use (and gloves) for any interaction with public .
Off work, I don't bother with them.

If I was a still an independent O/Op..
If state's regs dictated it, I do what I'd have to do to make a living
If no mandate regs, it would depend how broke I am at the time whether I would wear or gracefully/respectfully decline the job

.LTA

Reactions: Clean Response

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom