Masterblend Mist 'N' Brush Soil Encapsulation System

howellsgs

Looking at purchasing a Masterblend Mist ‘N’ Brush VLM System for the purpose of quick maintenance cleaning between Hot Water Extraction cleanings. Anyone have opinions about VLM systems or which brand may perform better then another? Masterblend cleaning products seem to be of high quality and work well from my experience. Just looking for some experienced advice.
Thank you in advance for your time and help.

Howells Carpet Cleaning
Geoffrey

Jeremy

Name
Jeremy
I would say it depends on your budget and the scale of the jobs you want to be able to complete in a timely manner. While I have no personal experience with this particular model, you may want to consider a rotary, OP, Cimex or BonnetPro.

sweendogg

Name
David Sweeney
Word! 8)

Mist and brush machines are basically made by whitacker for Masterblend.. they are counter rotating brush machines.. They are great at pile lifting and offer you a couple of different advantages:

They allows you to perform encapsulation on a limited scale. They allow you to perform absorbant compound cleaning when the situation calls for it. And of course they allows you pile lift and prescrub prior to Hot water extraction.

However if you do not own a mist and brush machine and own a rotary 175 scrubber. You can get into the encapsulation method with a bit higher production levels and lower investment.

Higher production means you can tackle larger jobs.. faster.. with lowered costs making you not only mor profitable but more competitive.

For the larger accounts and people that want the best encapsualtion has to offer, often you will find them using random orbit machines or planetary drive machines like the Orbot or cimex. Cimex is king of the encap world when it comes to straight scrubbing method using a good crystalizing encap shampoo. However if you need to remove some soil. random orbit machines combined with thick cotton or microfiber bonnets allow good agitation and some soil removal as well.

Do some search and make sure you consider what your needs are before investing in a system. While I will vouch more many masterblend products. If you are looking at performing top quality methods.. and even saving a little money, there are better products to be used.

P.S.

Jeremy is a huge wealth of a knowledge when it comes to encap!!

randy

Name
Randy
THe Masterblend machine is not made by Whittiker, in fact Whittiker doesn't manufactor anything, they import their unit from the same company in Austria that makes the Brush n clean machine. The blue machine you posted is importanted from envirodri.com

I had one and they break down constantly where the Whittiker is about the most releiable unit in our industry. They are virtually maitence free.

sweendogg

Name
David Sweeney
P.S. Double checked.. the first one posted is no longer being used for the Reasons RAndy stated.. they ARE using one very similar to the Lomac machines renamed of course.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Paw in mouth?
SweeneyDog_edited.jpg

sweendogg

Name
David Sweeney
Nope... I stand correct! I was referencing the New model.. didn't even bother to open the link above which shows pictures of the old model...

I bet you know how that feels don't you Chavez! :shock:
:mrgreen:

randy

Name
Randy
sweendogg said:
P.S. Double checked.. the first one posted is no longer being used for the Reasons RAndy stated.. they ARE using one very similar to the Lomac machines renamed of course.

Believe it or not the original (blue one) had wooden gears ! I swear those things were such a joke, must have had that thing apart a zillion times. The new unit is made by the same company in Austria that makes the Whittiker. Distributed through Onxy in North Caroline, Brush n clean and Hydroforce now sells them too. I have both and they are as well made as the Whittiker unit. Having the trays that pick up the crude is pretty cool and the Whittiker doesn't have that.

Whittiker has the best brushes, way better then the brush n clean.
With the yellow brush, you are getting scrubbing power on level of a cimex. I know that's cimex blasphemy to some, but I have tested them side by side and it's pretty close. The Whittiker is a much more versatile machine. Great for pre scrubbing before HWE.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom