Maybe you're a bit too diversified...

Mikey P

Administrator

Trip Moses

IMOL
Name
Trip Moses
When people are the third they sometimes get the nickname Trey or Trip. My dad wanted me to be the third but my mom did not. So they compromised and gave me the nickname for my real name. Ryan Trip Moses instead of Leon Sears Moses III.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
I'm serious my boss, the director jumps down my throat when I say that. I tell her, they throw trash, they do restrooms, they sound like janitors. 😉

She's getting use to my humor, slowly. 😁

Reactions: Nomad74

rick imby

Name
Rick
I'm serious my boss, the director jumps down my throat when I say that. I tell her, they throw trash, they do restrooms, they sound like janitors. 😉

She's getting use to my humor, slowly. 😁

Wow I never thought you would be talking about your "boss" I haven't had one since 1979...

Reactions: Desk Jockey

rick imby

Name
Rick
Speaking of an overstuffed van. The Heavens Best guy was in and picked up a bicycle in his work van. I looked in. He had nice shelves on the other side of the van, a rotary and plenty of room for a bicycle in the side door. He has been in town a long time and I think he does fine.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Two degrees? And she uses it to supervise you? Thats disappointing
Yeah for me too. I figured it would take at least three to keep me in line! 😁

She runs the Union and the alumni center. I see her a few minutes a day and she emails and texts me throughout the day. She's always in a meet, very busy woman.

Reactions: DAT

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
Back in the day...when I did everything except strip and wax...I was on a ladder, cleaning windows. For the second time, the ladder failed. I was almost fed up when I got a call from a glass window company to clean these giant window that were being installed on a church. He said I don't have to climb a ladder, that he wanted them clean before they were installed. "easy, no prob" I said. Well, they needed some adhesive removed, so I got out my reliable window scraper, and before I knew it, there were spider web scratches all over it. I have no clue what made that blade bad, since it was a new one. I thought right then, that day...windows are over. I haven't touched a single window since. And that was about the same time I dropped pressure washing also, due to the fact that I hated ruining my clothes with bleach and having that smell in my nose after a washing day.

I was too diversified back in the day, hated my business, and was always stressed, taking jobs that were too big for just an owner/op. Plus, since I focus on just one major category (steam cleaning), I'm able to perfect my services to be the leading service provider in this area.

I bet that guy in the pic above hates his job

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
Yeah for me too. I figured it would take at least three to keep me in line! 😁

She runs the Union and the alumni center. I see her a few minutes a day and she emails and texts me throughout the day. She's always in a meet, very busy woman.
I love how she felt it necessary to let you know she had 2 degrees :icon_rolleyes:

scotty747

It wasn't your blade, it was tempered glass. You can pick but don't scrape. The window cleaning industry actually sued glass manufacturing companies for making crappy glass for many years in the 80's and 90's. I don't think the suit went anywhere but they started making quality glass again.

Reactions: BIG WOOD and DAT

DAT

Name
Bill Cheryl
Yeah i rarely use razor if at all on the window. I prefer to use chems designed for windows to remove debris result of construction installation... I usually turn down CCU anyways

Reactions: BIG WOOD

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
It wasn't your blade, it was tempered glass. You can pick but don't scrape. The window cleaning industry actually sued glass manufacturing companies for making crappy glass for many years in the 80's and 90's. I don't think the suit went anywhere but they started making quality glass again.
I learn something new everyday.

Reactions: BIG WOOD

steve_64

Yeah i rarely use razor if at all on the window. I prefer to use chems designed for windows to remove debris result of construction installation... I usually turn down CCU anyways
We use blades all the time and on tempered glass. Only way to get the silicone off new installation. But you do have to be careful because it does scratch easily.

Reactions: DAT and Fat Mike

Fat Mike

Name
Mike G

not all new glass can have a blade used on it. even the new stuff nowadays. its microscopic ridges that the blade catches and drags everywhere.

a friend had that on a new construction every pane was scratched. 3" blade is a bad idea. if using a 1" blade your much safer. even steel wool can't be used on them

Reactions: DAT

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom