Mersa infections....

rwcarpet

Supportive Member
Name
Robert Hodge
Worked with a janitorial company owner 2 weeks ago, cleaning some hallways. He had an infected finger.....looked a little puffy. 2 days later, he's in hospital with Mersa infection...non-hospital related. 4 days in the hospital, many drip bags of antibiotic, and released with a $2000 prescription for the infection.

Dr told him that anyone can catch mersa, even through a hair folicule. be carefull out there, cleaners. We get into some pretty nasty shit. Could put you out of business for a while if you don't have someone to run your business.

Mikey P

Administrator
Paula's dad had a hip replacement a few months ago.

He healed real slow and got bed sores and with all the trips to the hospitals he now has Hep C and Mersa...

He's been in quarantine for weeks now.

truckmount girl

1800greenglides
Name
Lisa Smith
MRSA not Mersa.

It isn't as scary as they hype it up to be. You are not likely to catch it unless you have a compromised immune system. My step-dad had it.

You all know why we have MRSA and other resistant pathogens don't you?

It's because of all the doctors handing out prescriptions for antibiotics for every sniffle and people not taking the full course of antibiotics when prescribed. many take them until they feel better then save the rest for next time. Which means 99% of the bacteria die, leaving the strongest to become resistant.

Quit running your kids to the pediatrician every time they have a sniffle, giving them antibiotics for every ear ache and sore throat...let the kids develop a full and powerful immune system by fighting a few infections without the aid of antibiotics and give evolution a break by not selectively breeding super-bugs with your casual use of antibiotics.

Rant over...

Take care,
Lisa

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
My wife had MRSA a few years ago. She caught it like many others while she was in the hospital for an other ailment.

rhyde

Name
rhyde
My brother had it! Had a bad burn and got MERSA after a skin graft in the hospital.

Hospitals are not clean places

Magic One

I know a guy that has it. the hospital released him and said nothing else they could do. Big hole in his back and when it reaches his spine. Good night.

rwcarpet

Supportive Member
Name
Robert Hodge
truckmount girl said:
MRSA not Mersa.

It isn't as scary as they hype it up to be. You are not likely to catch it unless you have a compromised immune system. My step-dad had it.

You all know why we have MRSA and other resistant pathogens don't you?

It's because of all the doctors handing out prescriptions for antibiotics for every sniffle and people not taking the full course of antibiotics when prescribed. many take them until they feel better then save the rest for next time. Which means 99% of the bacteria die, leaving the strongest to become resistant.

Quit running your kids to the pediatrician every time they have a sniffle, giving them antibiotics for every ear ache and sore throat...let the kids develop a full and powerful immune system by fighting a few infections without the aid of antibiotics and give evolution a break by not selectively breeding super-bugs with your casual use of antibiotics.

Rant over...

Take care,
Lisa

Sorry, Lisa./.....wasn't sure of the spelling or initials. The guy does do a lot of medical office cleans, and probably got it from one of those.

ascrubabove

I got a med bldg I clean every night, wipe down, trash, vacuum, and mop. The cleaner for the wipe down is called "Terminator", and is some strong stuff, kills almost everything. The rubber gloves are there for a reason!!!! Tonight I start strip and wax in the exam rooms and encap the lobby, $$$ shiteatinggrin

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom