Micro Fiber smelling like sulfur after cleaning

Mikey P

Administrator
According to our resident Uph guru/expert, cleaners are having customers complain about that sour smell after the fabric dries yet NO cleaning agent with sulphates was used.

anyone having this occur after cleaning Micro/Ultrasuedes?

Mikey P

Administrator
maybe those wannabe cleaning superheros Cooper and Foster (who will be reading this post within minutes) can tell you how to fix the problem.

or let Jim Pemberton.

your choice.

hogjowl

Idiot™
LOL ... but every time I talk to them I have to endure an endless tirade of evil Mikey remarks. While all true, they get old after awhile.

Mikey P

Administrator
poor Bob, if only he fit into those Robin the boy wonder panties better I wouldn't have had to run him off.

Last edited:

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
I clean a lot of it and so far never had that issue. Hopefully it is not a new issue caused by change in manufacturing.

Name
BradFenstermaker
Never have but most of mine have been a few years old. Is your guru saying these are newer manufactured sofa doing this??

SMRBAP

Supportive Member
Name
Anthony
Exactly - keep a bottle of beano in the truck, relabel it, tell them take one a day for the rest of the week and the smell will get better.

Charge them 19.95 a bottle and to call for refills when the smell returns.

spotman123

Name
Wayne foster
Not had a problem, so far. As far as the sulfur smell we do get that sometimes in our well water here and it smells like rotten eggs. It is not fun cleaning with that water.

Newman

Name
Chris Newman
Not had a problem, so far. As far as the sulfur smell we do get that sometimes in our well water here and it smells like rotten eggs. It is not fun cleaning with that water.

I think you may be onto the source of this mystery anomaly.

Never had the problem, I run soft water.

Kevin B

Name
Kevin Bunce
Microfiber is polypropylene, olefin, herculon whatever you want to call it. It's a plastic, and any odor issues are likely to be a fault of the technician.

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
Thanks for your feedback everyone.

Each individual was using soft water brought from their location. The smell isn't "natural sulfur", that's just the closest description I can give it. It smells like a chemical related odor...all flatulence references aside...

One ended up becoming a claim before I could work with some smart chemists and figure out what to do to solve it.

(Oxidizers and ventilation do the trick)

I'll post here if I find out what causes this.

Kevin B

Name
Kevin Bunce
I believe microfiber is polyester.

Yes, most is polyester, and some is polypropylene, and small percentage maybe nylon, but none of those fabrics should be an issue unless the fabric was so soiled that the water could of soured during drying

rwcarpet

Supportive Member
Name
Robert Hodge
Yes, most is polyester, and some is polypropylene, and small percentage maybe nylon, but none of those fabrics should be an issue unless the fabric was so soiled that the water could of soured during drying

Never had the problem. I always wipe down the micro-fiber crap after misting with acid rinse and white cotton towels. Seems like the fabric stays wet forever.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom