Mikefest

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
Haven't got all my pictures in order yet but here is one of the coolest thing I seen......

IMG_5978.jpg

all you serious water damage guys should really check into this....

Hoody

Supportive Member
Name
Steven Hoodlebrink
I've been wanting to discuss that with you, as I know your background is in electrical to get your opinion.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
I did not rip the thing apart and see how it was made but me and Jim Eckman stood there and watched how it worked and seen just about everything it could do and it was pretty impressive......

machinejjh

When your boss comes in and says, "So-and-so wants to buy a crew chief off of me."

And you're not sure if he means an actual crew chief... hey Marty, blow me

In all seriousness, I've seen that thing. Does everything advertised. The fact you can get a smartphone app and be aware of everything from wherever... a great tool.

Jimbo

It is very advanced...keeps track of the progression of drying throughout the job...will turn an area of fans off iff RH gets over 85%...to prevent secondary damage...will keep charts of progress via an online database...the unit can be set to call you or the adjustor when the ampacity changes...like when the homeowner turns off even one fan.

The unit lets you assign access to each individual drying job website...so you can give your adjustor access if you like.

Looks like a very well thought out distribution and monitoring system.

Actually the first guy I grabbed after getting a tour of the unit WAS Jim Martin...I knew he would be impressed!

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael
Jay Hawk said:
Drieaz has had a similar unit on the market for several years now, the HygroTrac remote monitoring system.
http://www.drieaz.com/_DEC/DEC_Product_ ... decID=1000
Although the "Crew Chief" many have different features, I'm not sure, I have not compared the two.

Richard I saw the crew chief in action in Vegas and will tell you the crew chief is on a completely different level all together. In a week LNG traing we used the hygrotrak and the sensors were finicky and two of the eight sensors malfunctioned. For $3000 I really never considered the ht unit because of the limited function it performs but I have looked into the prochem unit and want one.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Kevin I can see they have a use, especially for documentation but for the number of units we would need for all losses it's more than we were willing to part with. I think the real value is for monitoring larger projects, where it's critical if equipment is not operating and it notifies us. Especially when we cannot afford to lose a day of drying.

I'm sure we will eventually buy one of those type systems but for now it's down to the middle of the wish list.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom