Mikey's new site

FredC

Village Idiot
Credits
Center the read bio button text and use the same color as the other buttons for uniformity.
Still deciding on which I like better.....there are a few things left that aren't uniform because of this.

Edit: Buttons done

I'd add 2 sticky buttons at the bottom of mobile - 1) click to call and 2) quote button that sends them down to your form anchor. That way they're always available and the user doesn't have to scroll all the way back to the top.
This is in the works

On the scrolling testimonials try to link out with a no-follow link to the actual review, usually I just use the shareable link with the hrid and strip out their tracking data after it(for yelp reviews). I can't 100% prove it but since Yelp displays location with the reviewer it is just another way to improve geo-relevancy. You could create location pages and display reviews for each specific location this way, I've done that as well for multi-location businesses. If you want to get fancy add review schema to them. It's how the big boys like Oxyfresh, COIT and a few others do it.
I'll look into it. I don't have any seo type work done yet

Good work as usual Fred, clean and simple.
Thanks

Last edited:

Hoody

Supportive Member
Credits
Why not use CSS for the buttons instead of images?

Code:
a.learn-more {
display:block;
background-color:#000;
/* Or a slight gradient */ background: -moz-linear-gradient(top, #424242 0%, #000000 100%);
background: -webkit-linear-gradient(top, #424242 0%,#000000 100%);
background: linear-gradient(to bottom, #424242 0%,#000000 100%);
filter: progid:DXImageTransform.Microsoft.gradient( startColorstr='#424242', endColorstr='#000000',GradientType=0 );
padding: 10px 15px;
text-align:center;
color:#fff;
-webkit-border-radius: 8px;
-moz-border-radius: 8px;
border-radius: 8px;
}

FredC

Village Idiot
Credits
Why not use CSS for the buttons instead of images?

Code:
a.learn-more {
display:block;
background-color:#000;
/* Or a slight gradient */ background: -moz-linear-gradient(top, #424242 0%, #000000 100%);
background: -webkit-linear-gradient(top, #424242 0%,#000000 100%);
background: linear-gradient(to bottom, #424242 0%,#000000 100%);
filter: progid:DXImageTransform.Microsoft.gradient( startColorstr='#424242', endColorstr='#000000',GradientType=0 );
padding: 10px 15px;
text-align:center;
color:#fff;
-webkit-border-radius: 8px;
-moz-border-radius: 8px;
border-radius: 8px;
}
Just the way I chose to do it for this layout

Need updated photo of Mike and Paula....get those smiling mugs up close, and the new rig with new logo instead of that old box truck. Same with roating banner at bottom...get the new trucks with vac logo up there so people connect Connoisseur to the rigs/logos they are seeing driving around.

On home page: Not a fan of the multi colored chair pictured for upholstery cleaning service. I think people would better identify with a piece they relate to that's more like what they have in their home. I'd prefer to see a couch...sends subliminal message to get the couch done...which is a higher ticket than a chair. I'd like to see a tile and grout pic that shows half cleaned grout and half dirty....ads a bit more interest/pop.

Slick, easy to navigate. I didn't have time to read content and look for typos.

FredC

Village Idiot
Credits
Need updated photo of Mike and Paula....get those smiling mugs up close, and the new rig with new logo instead of that old box truck. Same with roating banner at bottom...get the new trucks with vac logo up there so people connect Connoisseur to the rigs/logos they are seeing driving around.

On home page: Not a fan of the multi colored chair pictured for upholstery cleaning service. I think people would better identify with a piece they relate to that's more like what they have in their home. I'd prefer to see a couch...sends subliminal message to get the couch done...which is a higher ticket than a chair. I'd like to see a tile and grout pic that shows half cleaned grout and half dirty....ads a bit more interest/pop.

Slick, easy to navigate. I didn't have time to read content and look for typos.
There will be newer pics.

The use of the old pic in the bio section is intentional.

Mike likes the chair.

Acp

Credits
looks good I like it. Only thing I would change is the service category pics, Im a fan of having actual job photos.

Im in the process of getting rid of all the stock photos of any kind on our site