Minimum constant water temp to clean carpet effectively?

Name
Ezra Clark
I was wondering what temp you would feel comfortable cleaning carpet with if you didn't have the ideal temp?

Ezra

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
220 to 225..seems to be the sweet spot...I can clean anything out there just fine with those temps.............

mcatt

Name
Mike
If your asking the minimum constant temp I would say 180 is good t shoot for. Once you drop below that things go a lot slower and don't clean as well.

Ken Snow

RIP
Name
Ken Snow
Carpet can be cleaned effectively at virtually any temp including almost ice cold. It just means that some of the other parts of the cleaning pie need to take on more of the work.

GeneMiller

Name
gene miller
cleaned plenty of nasty carpets with just cold water. propane would run out and the filling station was just to far. my rotovac could care less.

gene

Ken Snow

RIP
Name
Ken Snow
Same here Gene- in the late 70's, early 80's we were still using propane units amd that happened multiple times a year. Just took a little more scrubbing.

idreadnought

Supportive Member
Name
Richard
I believe water that is 33 degrees. any lower than that and the water will begin to freeze in your lines and not flush the carpets properly.

Sorry couldn't help being a smart aleck. Hotter water speeds chemical reactions but it should never, but it isn't the only thing in the cleaning pie that helps to clean carpets.

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael
as high as you can maintain, so be it if it is 50 degrees. if you can get hotter than good but always max the temp to what is available to you. you dont need hot water to clean but you will have to make up with other agitation chemistry and such. oh and it will clean a lot slower.

everfresh1

Name
Jamie Cohen
My gauge is it has to be hot enough to melt wax and soften up gum for easy removal around 200 degrees, although I like it hotter around 220, but of course you can clean with warm water, even cold in some cases, just not very efficient and the carpet will take longer to dry

Jim Williams

Name
Jim Williams
I use my porty with warm water out of a faucet every now and then in retirement homes. Cleans fine if you are using a good prespray. I used my truckmount for awhile running off one HX and it cleaned good too. No noticeable difference that I could tell.

MicahR

Name
Micah Richardson
I was thinking the same thing Ken mentioned. If one part of the pie decreases another has to increase.

TACT: Time
Agitation
Chemical
Temp

S

sam miller

everfresh1 said:
My gauge is it has to be hot enough to melt wax and soften up gum for easy removal around 200 degrees, although I like it hotter around 220, but of course you can clean with warm water, even cold in some cases, just not very efficient and the carpet will take longer to dry

Ya the hotter the water the easier Your Job you want to use clod water and scrub yor butt off go ahead.

Also the melting wax and getting gum to pop right off priceless.

Ps unless You carry the can of stuff for gum that freezes it!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom