minimum wage increase article buzz

Mikey P

Administrator
A recent article about Seattle's raise to $15.00 got the doom and gloomers on Facebook all in a tizz..

Reading the piece and the responces will certainly work your own panic button

Until you come across this rebuttal and realize you may have been manipulated..

Do many restaurants really operate on a 4% profit margin?

Papa John

Lifetime Supportive Member
Name
John Stewart
Operating a restaurant sucks!! Wow 4% profit-- those restaurants must be doing something RIGHT!?
This is what sucks about owning a restaurant-- the waiters make more then the owners!

I bet if the IRS was to audit all the Cash only Chinese restaurants -- they would find a lot of "Skimming"-- that's the only way Its worth it.-- and the owners get away with it at the audit cuz all they say is--
"Oh sorry, I don't speaka engrish"

TomKing

Supportive Member
Name
Tom
A recent article about Seattle's raise to $15.00 got the doom and gloomers on Facebook all in a tizz..

Reading the piece and the responces will certainly work your own panic button

Until you come across this rebuttal and realize you may have been manipulated..

Do many restaurants really operate on a 4% profit margin?
Yes food service and grocery is really a small profit margin. This is why small family owned groceries and restaurant's have a hard time making it.

My family did food service for over 100 years. It is long hours, hard work and the profits are not what you think they are.

Name
Lee Stockwell
I feel bad for the workers who've worked hard and scrambled up the pay scale a few bucks.

With a stroke of a pen all the slackers are even with them again. You KNOW the 12-13 per hour people won't get a corresponding raise.

Joe Appleby

Supportive Member
Name
Joe Appleby
I bet if the IRS was to audit all the Cash only Chinese restaurants -- they would find a lot of "Skimming"-- that's the only way Its worth it.-- and the owners get away with it at the audit cuz all they say is--
"Oh sorry, I don't speaka engrish"

Seig Hiel!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom