MINUTEMAN ROS 17 OP MACHINE

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
I would consider one of these because of the price.
NO need to spend $8 grand on an OP machine.

But I wonder if the spray system is extra?

You can always modify something to fit your needs.

I could hook it up to a ten gallon sprayer and use a 50 foot solution line

Reactions: Cleanworks

Meter Maid

The Undetective
Name
Chris
It's just a 3/8 orbit OP. I'd get the Vibe for a few hundred extra.

Better yet, a Cimex along with a cheap rotary to pad rough areas where the Cimex needs a little absorption.

Reactions: Trip Moses

steve_64

Why an OP over a rotary?
Or are you getting both?

We need an auction for a good rotary. I've been wanting a new one too. Just need a good 175.

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
Why an OP over a rotary?
Or are you getting both?

We need an auction for a good rotary. I've been wanting a new one too. Just need a good 175.
The op is easier to use or train someone to use. The wheels stay down and you can push it back and forth with one hand. The machine operates in a straight line instead of having to swing it back and forth.

Reactions: Bob Pruitt

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
The $1,495 is the issue...........not something for 3 grand or 8 grand

Or $2500 for a cimex

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
The $1,495 is the issue...........not something for 3 grand or 8 grand

Or $2500 for a cimex
Looks like a well made machine. 1.5 HP motor. 90 psi pump. Not sure about the jet placement or pump control issues guys were talking about. Unless the thing falls apart on you I think it is as good as a Vibe. If you can, try before you buy. If I needed another orbital I would definitely consider it.

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
I just saw a video on the EDIC Toro. It's the same machine but on the Toro, there are 2 jets placed lower on the machine instead of just the one shown on the minute man. Very similar to my sprayborg. I see where some guys would complain about the pump switch. It may be awkward to reach for some people. You can just press on it to feather out your spray or flip it backwards for a continuous spray.

Meter Maid

The Undetective
Name
Chris
For smaller jobs where people like an OP, the overlooked 15” Cimex kills. That’s the route I’m going because I’m tired of the vibration.

If I need to run a cotton pad over a traffic lanes or spill, I’ll just use a 13” rotary (60 pounds) with an Ironman cotton, then go back to the 15” Cimex.

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
Jimmy, find a used Cimex for around $1400 somewhere. Unless you already have one. One down side about the cimex it's so damn heavy. I'm really happy with my Vibe. Seems to be holding up the the Damon abuse very well. Light enough for me to lift into my van without pooping myself.

Mikey P

Administrator
phoenix.jpg

randy

Name
Randy
Both are EDIC units BUT the minuteman version is the cheaper model that has a fixed head. It doesn't pop up (like the EDIC more expensive model or the vibe ) for easy pad change. There is another janitorial supply company that sells the minuteman for around $1200 so it is attractively priced. Probably a good option as most don't stick with pad cleaning once it dawns on them that they are WET sanding the carpet fibers with dirt particles stuck to the pad with chemical.

The CRB actually lifts the dirt and hair etc up and out of the carpet, the OP machine sands the fibers with it.
Tip blooming and fiber distortion are hallmarks of the OP machines. Get a Decent CRB with collection trays or even a cimex with brushes. Way less potential for damage. OP is a joke that I wish I had never spent money dabbling in.

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
Good point Randy since I "did" own a defender OP machine that was a boat anchor. And I agree that OP machines GRIND IN all that dirt and sand. I do own a 15 inch CRB and have had it since 03. I think I really want a 10 inch CRB if they weren't so overpriced.

Mikey P

Administrator
I disagree.

Go clean the funkiest of carpet and study a blue microfiber pad, the soil gets drawn/ wicked into it's core rather than loaded up as you describe with Cotton's and the blended terry cloth types.

Saying that a CRB (or a Cimex with brushes!?!?) does less damage to the fibers, tells me that you're not paying attention at all Randy.

Mikey P

Administrator
Good point Randy since I "did" own a defender OP machine that was a boat anchor. And I agree that OP machines GRIND IN all that dirt and sand. I do own a 15 inch CRB and have had it since 03. I think I really want a 10 inch CRB if they weren't so overpriced.

Good lordy Jimmy, why is EVERYTHING about price with you?

I'm actually shocked that you are not a POG.

Trip Moses

IMOL
Name
Trip Moses
Both are EDIC units BUT the minuteman version is the cheaper model that has a fixed head. It doesn't pop up (like the EDIC more expensive model or the vibe ) for easy pad change. There is another janitorial supply company that sells the minuteman for around $1200 so it is attractively priced. Probably a good option as most don't stick with pad cleaning once it dawns on them that they are WET sanding the carpet fibers with dirt particles stuck to the pad with chemical.

The CRB actually lifts the dirt and hair etc up and out of the carpet, the OP machine sands the fibers with it.
Tip blooming and fiber distortion are hallmarks of the OP machines. Get a Decent CRB with collection trays or even a cimex with brushes. Way less potential for damage. OP is a joke that I wish I had never spent money dabbling in.
1574515586958.gif

Trip Moses

IMOL
Name
Trip Moses
You know, you can raise your prices. It’s called inflation.

icleancarpetz

Name
Rafael Samson
JiMmy,

I’ll sell you my Challenger OP for $500 you pay shipping. Sitting in my basement collecting dust.
B25A5CA0-9EA9-4155-B56F-B904E3DCF16E.jpeg

steve_64

The op is easier to use or train someone to use. The wheels stay down and you can push it back and forth with one hand. The machine operates in a straight line instead of having to swing it back and forth.
I get that.. I was curious why Jimmy wanted one. I see her had one already.
I've never used one but would be afraid of tip bloom and rattling floors. Lots of old buildings here.
I saw he was looking for a buffer too so wondered if he wanted both.

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
I get that.. I was curious why Jimmy wanted one. I see her had one already.
I've never used one but would be afraid of tip bloom and rattling floors. Lots of old buildings here.
I saw he was looking for a buffer too so wondered if he wanted both.
I use my sprayborg often but mostly in concrete buildings. Glue down commercial. I don't see the need in most wood framed buildings as the the truck will reach most. The Sprayborg is very quiet and I was surprised that the TRS Phoenix was pretty quiet as well. The TRS machine has a up and down tamping motion as well as an orbital motion. The TRS machines are like the Cadillac of orbital machines but not all of us can afford a Cadillac.

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
Okay I've decided on a 1 hp 13 inch buffer to carry in to a house.

MIKEY EVERYTHING FOR CARPET CLEANING IS OVERPRICED
WANDS $1800
OP MACHINES 8 GRAND
AND $45 PLUS GALLONS OF SCAMPOO

Some idiot will make the mistake of buying that 8 grand OP machine but
he will never admit it

It will sit in his basement forever and when he dies the family will sell it at a garage sale for $5

Same goes for a $1800 wand that costs maybe $100 to make.

Reactions: Anthony E
Back
Top Bottom