MINUTEMAN ROS 17 OP MACHINE

randy

Name
Randy
Randy, I would have bet money on that I remembered you being a major OP proponent for years...talking about low moisture cleaning in embassies and other important places etc. What's changed?
Do I remember wrong? I'm not spending much time here these days so excuse my ignorance if you had this written down already...

Whittaker Trios, Twins, stemin demons and cimexs mainly the last 20 years of being mainly VLM. Before that I owned two truck mounts and a bunch of portables. I have owned only two op units including the current Vibe, have run just about every one out there and I'm just not impressed. We have used OP on rugs at embassy accounts but honestly the TRIO with soft brushes are faster and better. They won't let anyone remove the rugs from the property so we have tried just about everything over the years. For light brush off cleaning an op is ok but for the typical job or really trashed places its a joke. You have guys using butyl solvents as a prespray to make their OP wet dream work and its just flat out immoral. NO WAY they ARE getting that known carcinogenic out of the carpet without rinsing. It should be a criminal offense requiring mandatory prison time. There is this OP idiot :idiot:on YouTube using it on a child care facility and bragging about his "fastest " in the industry OP. Ok if its so dam great why the need for a butyl solvent.

Anyone basing their whole business on OP needs remedial reeducation on the basic foundations of cleaning. Maybe we need a 12 step program for OP guys.

randy

Name
Randy
JG used a Randy quote on one of his tri-folds back in the day...

Yes and I never owned his machines OR THE ONES he is CURRENTLY SELLing BEHIND A FRONT man. I contacted him back then and objected to that as he was intentionally misleading people that the comment was made about OP and worse his OP units. Now he is misleading people that he sold the business and that's NOT the case. Some of his staff have admitted its a daily fight to keep him from answering the phone.

randy

Name
Randy
Randy seems angry.

But, I do think VLM is highly overrated for residential. People don't want to, or can't afford to, buy a TM to actually flush residential carpet.

There's a guy on a FB group posting videos daily of him cleaning residential with a a multwash, talking about it being a standalone system.

I finally couldn't take it anymore, because people doing a shitty job cleaning carpet devalues the whole business.

I got blasted of course, by people either stupid, too broke to buy the right shit, or both.

An OP/Cimex will tear up some commercial carpet though.

Not sure where you get that from reading a carpet cleaning thread but OK. LOL These days carpet cleaning is a very small part of my income so it's just not worth getting angry about . That being said:

Do I think its disgusting that sellers like Trinity are lying to the market place about ownership of the company, giving free machines to (shills like our very own Mikey for one ) that then sell them for cash (essentially a paid endorsement / or influencer as they call it now a days). Yes, I do. Mikey at least discloses it when he shills. 😉

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
We all know that Randy. And when those shills come out to push product we all know them too.

Post a link of that OP hack who uses butyl

randy

Name
Randy
I've often thought if I could do it all over again, I would focus solely on commercial. My business has become a bit of a trap. I have done anything and everything over the last 30 years and now that's what my customers expect. Think about all of the large commercial accounts you could do with a cimex or op machine. Large apartment building hallways, tall office buildings, hotel lobbies that need to dry quickly. These are big jobs that pay well. When they asks if you do homes, just say no. For the price of a truckmount, you can buy the best op, a cimex, a crb, a few good quality vacuums and all the goodies you need to start up. Maybe a small portable for upholstery and spotting. You might still have some money left over to start hiring someone to do the work so you can get out and sell more.

Yep, that is basically the road I hiked. Now the real question is why it took so long for me to figure out the commercial side of things. I spent 10 years doing the traditional carpet cleaning thing. Residential is a trap, once in you are kind of stuck because of the daily cash flow. It's an addiction.

randy

Name
Randy
15" Cimex and a 13" rotary with some Ironman cottons pads.

Better than any machine that makes your hands feel like a 14 year-old-boy with his dad's Playboy.

My crush on OP machines is gone.

I'm pretty sure you meant PLAYgirl if we are talking about FUTURE OP cleaners. 😅😂🤣😅

Meter Maid

The Undetective
Name
Chris
Not sure where you get that from reading a carpet cleaning thread but OK. LOL These days carpet cleaning is a very small part of my income so it's just not worth getting angry about . That being said:

Do I think its disgusting that sellers like Trinity are lying to the market place about ownership of the company, giving free machines to (shills like our very own Mikey for one ) that then sell them for cash (essentially a paid endorsement / or influencer as they call it now a days). Yes, I do. Mikey at least discloses it when he shills. 😉
Not sure where I got what?

randy

Name
Randy
We all know that Randy. And when those shills come out to push product we all know them too.

Post a link of that OP hack who uses butyl

I will look for it, but you know of the guy, guaranteed. He actually said to me, " what you don't get is butyl is just a prespray addictive in most products". Yes, but it is supposed to be rinsed out and the industry is moving away from it as the health ramifications are proven FACTS.

That would be a hilarious parody video, Jimmy. You standing in Excellent supply's video booth shilling for encap. The last shot you have Rick G loading pallets of release it and cimex units into your truck. The cimex price tags all say FREE.

Mikey P

Administrator
I've talked to John a few times since TRS started advertising here.
He still owns the building/land that the machines are sold out of but he most definitely does not control the company.

There is a group of shareholders, with Branden Joynt being the majority holder.

This I know for a fact.

Randy obviously still holds a grudge......

Mikey P

Administrator
Cimex- king of grinding soil to the bottom.

CRB- Compound is great for some soil removal on fabrics that can't get too wet but as an Encap/ leave behind.....worthless on all but clean carpet as it's waay too light.

OP-great for the same solutions you would run in a Cimex or CRB and you actually want to remove SOME soil via absorbent pads

175- a slower OP that takes more skill

Class over.

Reactions: RugWorx

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
Didn't mention using a 300 rpm rotary

Can over a lot of ground as it "Hovers" and is easy to control.

When I see a "FREE" 17 inch CIMEX on my door step...........then we will see

I could become another "Shorty" from down under and replace him as Ricky's #1 shill

Reactions: Mikey P

Meter Maid

The Undetective
Name
Chris
Cimex- king of grinding soil to the bottom.

CRB- Compound is great for some soil removal on fabrics that can't get too wet but as an Encap/ leave behind.....worthless on all but clean carpet as it's waay too light.

OP-great for the same solutions you would run in a Cimex or CRB and you actually want to remove SOME soil via absorbent pads

175- a slower OP that takes more skill

Class over.
But... and this is coming from a past OP disciple... the Cimex, even without absorption, using makes commercial carpet look better than an OP with an absorbent pad.... sometimes.

There's something about the way the Cimex scrubs.

and it doesn't give your blisters

Mikey P

Administrator
Didn't mention using a 300 rpm rotary

Can over a lot of ground as it "Hovers" and is easy to control.

When I see a "FREE" 17 inch CIMEX on my door step...........then we will see

I could become another "Shorty" from down under and replace him as Ricky's #1 shill

Ive never used one so no comment.

I would guess it's still slower than the easier to use OP

KSL

Name
Kent
I've talked to John a few times since TRS started advertising here.
He still owns the building/land that the machines are sold out of but he most definitely does not control the company.

There is a group of shareholders, with Branden Joynt being the majority holder.

This I know for a fact.

Randy obviously still holds a grudge......

Incorporation papers filed 4 months after your interview of Branden list Patty and John as owners. Have called several times this year and it was referenced that Patty/John are the owners.

Not sure what’s going on, still same outdated website. If it’s truly new owners they have dropped the ball.

Mikey P

Administrator
I would disagree..

Branden and fellow share holders have made leaps and bounds in repairing or creating relationships that John couldn't, including mine.

A groovy website is down the list in importance suppose.

JeffC

Name
Jeff
In the last 15 years or so I’ve had 2 OP machines and sold them both. I still have 3 cimex machines, 3 extractors and a CRB. I had the CX-20 and Orbot and never was able to get the same results as when using my cimex. I really wanted it to work and on paper it would seem like more soil is being removed.

I have some assisted living places I clean that I’m considering trying a friends OP machine to see if anything has changed. These places could benefit from HWE but it just isn’t a good option with trip and fall concerns and open doors, etc.

Over the years I’ve also occasionally used my buffer to do some post bonneting after running the cimex but after a workmans comp claim a few years ago I retired the buffer and now just mainly stick with the cimex as it’s fast, easy and safe and does an amazing job. I’m trying to keep an open mind though with OP cleaning or maybe I’m just a slow learner. LOL

Meter Maid

The Undetective
Name
Chris
In the last 15 years or so I’ve had 2 OP machines and sold them both. I still have 3 cimex machines, 3 extractors and a CRB. I had the CX-20 and Orbot and never was able to get the same results as when using my cimex. I really wanted it to work and on paper it would seem like more soil is being removed.

I have some assisted living places I clean that I’m considering trying a friends OP machine to see if anything has changed. These places could benefit from HWE but it just isn’t a good option with trip and fall concerns and open doors, etc.

Over the years I’ve also occasionally used my buffer to do some post bonneting after running the cimex but after a workmans comp claim a few years ago I retired the buffer and now just mainly stick with the cimex as it’s fast, easy and safe and does an amazing job. I’m trying to keep an open mind though with OP cleaning or maybe I’m just a slow learner. LOL
A TRS machine hits and strips each fiber 454,237 times per second, is 5 times faster than a Cimex and uses 1/16th of cleaning solution.

It’s just physics, you can’t argue with physics.

Now enters reality. I fell hard for OP machines, but finally realized the Cimex eats their lunch. If I need to post-bonnet, I use a 60 pound 13” rotary.

I’m pretty much done with jigglers and I’ve owned them all.

Reactions: KSL

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
I have both cimexes and and op machine. The op machine isnt as aggressive as the cimex but on most carpets I do it's good. I find lighter and more versatile than the cimex and refer the spray system over the gravity feed. I rarely use absorbent pads, just fibre pads.

Meter Maid

The Undetective
Name
Chris
I have both cimexes and and op machine. The op machine isnt as aggressive as the cimex but on most carpets I do it's good. I find lighter and more versatile than the cimex and refer the spray system over the gravity feed. I rarely use absorbent pads, just fibre pads.
You should try a 15” Cimex. It’s 85 pounds and much more nimble. Cleans just like the big one.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom