MINUTEMAN ROS 17 OP MACHINE

Meter Maid

The Undetective
Name
Chris
Sounds interesting but with the lighter weight, i dont see it being any more effective than my sprayborg.
Pounds per square inch is the same, just smaller pad drivers. It’s still a Cimex so it scrubs like a Cimex. Just a smaller path.

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
A TRS machine hits and strips each fiber 454,237 times per second, is 5 times faster than a Cimex and uses 1/16th of cleaning solution.

It’s just physics, you can’t argue with physics.

Now enters reality. I fell hard for OP machines, but finally realized the Cimex eats their lunch. If I need to post-bonnet, I use a 60 pound 13” rotary.

I’m pretty much done with jigglers and I’ve owned them all.
What's your encap process with a Cimex?

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
Usually just a forward pass. Like mowing grass.
Ok, I was just curious. I also use my Mex sometimes. 3 seconds on, and 3 seconds off on the trigger, cleaning forward and backwards. Much faster than an OP where you can only spray in front of you.

hogjowl

Idiot™
In the last 15 years or so I’ve had 2 OP machines and sold them both. I still have 3 cimex machines, 3 extractors and a CRB. I had the CX-20 and Orbot and never was able to get the same results as when using my cimex. I really wanted it to work and on paper it would seem like more soil is being removed.

I have some assisted living places I clean that I’m considering trying a friends OP machine to see if anything has changed. These places could benefit from HWE but it just isn’t a good option with trip and fall concerns and open doors, etc.

Over the years I’ve also occasionally used my buffer to do some post bonneting after running the cimex but after a workmans comp claim a few years ago I retired the buffer and now just mainly stick with the cimex as it’s fast, easy and safe and does an amazing job. I’m trying to keep an open mind though with OP cleaning or maybe I’m just a slow learner. LOL
How many times have you been married?

Condog

Name
Tony
What is your opinion on this video?

I saw an argument posted 6 or 7 years ago on this board. Science trials become more mainstream or are rejected. That being said, I found it interesting, but I don't have the expertise that most of you here have.

Please keep respect for each others opinions.

Thanks Corndog (alias Condog)

Reactions: Trip Moses

Condog

Name
Tony
According to IICRC 79 percent of contaminants are pulled out by vacuuming. That leaves 20% by extraction, or pad plus continuing encapsulation/vacuuming. It would be interesting to find a way to measure the amount of soil pulled by the pad and then following vacuuming pulling encapsulated soil (but what is new soil encapsulated and soil encapsulated from initial padcap) and compare it to the amount of soil pulled less the water sprayed onto the carpet to extract soil.

Hack Attack

Name
Dan

I saw an argument posted 6 or 7 years ago on this board. Science trials become more mainstream or are rejected. That being said, I found it interesting, but I don't have the expertise that most of you here have.

he would have probably got that same lower ATP count if he'd just sprayed the chlorine dioxide then measured without vacuuming or bonneting..

yes, I have the same ATP meter shown in the video

Condog

Name
Tony
he would have probably got that same lower ATP count if he'd just sprayed the chlorine dioxide then measured without vacuuming or bonneting..

yes, I have the same ATP meter shown in the video
Is the chlorine dioxide safe? If so then is the carpet sanitized? If safe, and the carpet is sanitized would this make the carpet clean regardless of machine? OP or HWE?
Am I off base or is it a good consideration?

Hack Attack

Name
Dan
sanitizers kill creepy crawlies they don't remove them or clean

chlorine dioxide, hydrogen peroxide, microban, decon30 etc etc all kill creepy crawlies and are all "relatively safe" if used properly

Condog

Name
Tony
sanitizers kill creepy crawlies they don't remove them or clean

chlorine dioxide, hydrogen peroxide, microban, decon30 etc etc all kill creepy crawlies and are all "relatively safe" if used properly
Will peroxide give the same kind of reading on the ATP meter too?
I'm just curious if the Just Gone system the guy sells is just marketing hype. I don't know if it is marketing but he seems sold on it.
What are you're thoughts on the Just Gone product? Have you used it or looked into it?

Hack Attack

Name
Dan
sanitizing is more a decon clean than standard cleaning imo

chlorine dioxide, hydrogen peroxide, ozone etc are all oxidisers so do similar things according to strength and time

Reactions: Condog

Hack Attack

Name
Dan

I just watched the sampling a little closer (I'm bored lol) his sampling technique is way less than average.
The 1st sample his hand is in contact with the swab... how long since he picked his nose or scratched his junk or ate at KFC??
2nd sample he holds the swab properly..

ATP like any tool is no better than the tool using it

Is it measuring bacteria? Mold? Probiotic? Antibiotic?

In reality you cant tell it's just measuring "life"

Reactions: Condog

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
That guy is just another VLM ####### IDIOT

I'm sure he WOWS his customers with that BS.

IT'S JUST CARPET CLEANING STUPIT!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom