Misleading advertising by Chemwho

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
Not going to worry about it but its good to be aware of the junk marketing out there. Got this ad in a valpack yesterday, offering $25 off.
Interesting how on one side they have Shaw saying HWE is approved for carpets and on the other side they are knocking HWE and promoting their "bubbles" using a RX20. I wonder how many businesses would be IN busn still if it weren't for their misleading advertising?

DSC_1623.jpg

CRI SOA approved!! More proof the SOA is BS.

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
Can't really say they are lying. Chemduds are still using the HWE method.

It just contains their proprietary bubbles.

WE all know the bubbles don't aid much for cleaning.

But, we also, should all know that it's the bubbles that set them apart from the pack.

So, of course they promote the hell out of their USP.

Just marketing 101

It's the same as you should be doing.

What is your USP?

And how do you promote yours?

Connor

Name
Connor
Royal Man said:
So, of course they promote the hell out of their USP.

Just marketing 101

It's the same as you should be doing.

What is your USP?

And how do you promote yours?

Seriously, Dave? :|

This is a chemwha complaint thread, don't chatter it up with marketing crap.

Oh, and for the record, Chemdry,
The Bubbles float only cos they're in WATER!

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
Connor said:

After showing all that ad copy.

Of course this is a marketing thread.

Cleaners can bitch and moan about Chemdry or they can learn.

Most here will just continue to moan without the learning part.

XCC

Royal Man said:
Connor said:

I've LEARNED back in 1985 that Chemdry has always TRIED to berate steam. That's what they did back then and still do today! I've seen them spin pad dog diarrea into spiral streaks and set a swivel rocker on top of their handiwork to hide it! Now that they've changed their process to the same that they've been bashing for the last 25 plus years, they still don't let up!

Connor

Name
Connor
Royal Man said:
Connor said:

Nope, cos if this was marketing thread, there'd be talk about cell phones and deregulation of energy!

This thread is entirely about calling them liars. Not about USP,ISP, UPS, AC/DC, VD or Anarchy in the UK.

Dave, are you selling something, too? How much is it to join your innercircle roundtable ?

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
Like I said earlier- Most here will just continue to moan without the learning part.

Some things (Or cleaners)never change.

If you differentiate your business ( like chem whatever has).

You'll have less competition and you can command higher prices.

Two good things in my book.

Ok Now to make you happy- chemdry sucks!!

S

sam miller

So Dave Are we to use Lying in our advertisment to???

Carbonated water bubles that lift dirt??? How much water would You have to use to get that much of a bubble effect??

Feel free to chime in Brian since You worked there.

Steam force's soapy water into the carpet and soak's more then it cleans???

Leaves a residue!

This is the same tactic as Zerorez. Use us or Your carpets will be ruined!

What do we learn from this? They are Liars and dont care about being an honest business!

So are Usp should be dishonest? sell by fear?

I used to hear from chemdry custy's who would say we used them for 5 years and now it doent look any different.

They told us to have it truckmounted steam cleaned then they could come out and maintain it after that.

They were only bonnet cleaning and could'nt remove all the soil build up they created!

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
Certainly I don't think that a business should lie or misrepresent the truth to gain business.

I wonder if the lies are from this particular local branch and not from the franchise itself.

The steam cleaning attacks were very ignorant. Benefits can be explained without the BS.

I was just pointing out that Chemdry relies heavily on having a USP and why every business should do the same.

I looked through many Chemdry websites that don't get into blatant attacks.

I though chemdry had grown beyond this crap.

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
I understand they're marketing their USP, but they have a wand on one side which is HWE and saying that is bad.
Then they have a rotary extractor on the other side which is using HWE and they are saying it is good.

So as it was pointed out above, they aren't really marketing their USP, they are misrepresenting what they do even within their own ad. Challenge is, only another professional will know.
Customers have to find out the hard way.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
I hate to even say it but their system works. A supervisors of mine was in Dallas when his daughter had Chemdry in to clean her home. He couldn't wait to see how they cleaned, they brought in a portable and the Powerhead and he said it did an amazing job. Looked great and dored fast. He was disappointed to see how well it cleaned with just a portable. :shock:

Connor

Name
Connor
Storm Warning said:
I hate to even say it but their system works. A supervisors of mine was in Dallas when his daughter had Chemdry in to clean her home. He couldn't wait to see how they cleaned, they brought in a portable and the Powerhead and he said it did an amazing job. Looked great and dored fast. He was disappointed to see how well it cleaned with just a portable. :shock:

How do they integrate the carbonation with a porty?

Bucket brigade or faucet hookup with APO?

Willy P

Name
Willy P
Storm Warning said:

ARE YOU FINALLY LEARNING SOMETHING???????

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
The portys are/were a 2 sided tank. When they came together in the hose line it would create a "violent reaction".

I never like using the process because it was a huge PITA to set up, use, break down, load and unload. ugh.

I can see why they went to the TM for ease of use...But the price is probably killing them.

TM's are expensive on their own...once CHem dry puts their tag on it the price will probably double. :shock:

The system worked for sure...But it's always up to the guy running it. The mix, the labor, keeping the equipment working.... Just like everyone else.

I wouldn't say it's "better".... It just works.

I'll still take OP over a crappy PITA porty/rotary set up any day of the week.

No need for all that labor to get great results.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
My guy thought it was the powerhead that made the difference. The tech's were just a couple of young kids, in and out fast but it loooked good.

No crazy rigging of black spaghetti cords for heaters and vac boosters........wIlLy! :p

Connor

Name
Connor
Storm Warning said:
My guy thought it was the powerhead that made the difference. The tech's were just a couple of young kids, in and out fast but it loooked good.

Isn't their powerhead just an RX-20?

Connor

Name
Connor
Storm Warning said:
I think, with some blocked holes on the shoe????

Who blocks holes? Sacrilege!

Seriously, what's the blocked holes do?

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Yes it's just an RX-20...at twice the cost because it's a "Powerhead" :roll:

Yes, the powerhead made the difference... More aggitation.

We would use the porty with wand and then post bonnet... same work, same amount of PITAness.

royalkid

Supportive Member
Name
Gulf Coast Carpet Care
I think what people don't get is that there are steam-cleaners who hack the sh*t out of jobs...I know just about everyone here has heard a story (regardless of company) about a steam cleaner who left a custys carpet wet for 2 days. Chemdry knows there's a lot of folks with that experience and play off of it. Is it true that ALL steam cleaners leave "buckets" of water in carpet...hell no, is it true that some do...yes. Lack of training, substandard equipment, bait-n-switch hacks etc...they're still out there.

The fact is, the chemdry system does a good job, but truly, there's nothing special about their process. I know the bubbles set them apart, but lets face it, they don't do any better than just rinsing with water...trust me, I know. If you have a good truckmount with good heat and an RX-20, you can achieve the same (if not better) results than CD...I say "better" because their TMs will only produce a max psi of 100-120, that's the part that sux...there are plenty of jobs (trashed) that could use the psi being turned up to 300-400, but they don't have that option...and for a $25,000 TM, you'd think they'd have some pressure. They actually have to use a water otter on tile jobs for pressure, there's another $1,000.

The people who hate the Chemdry TMs the most.....CHEM-DRY Franchise owners. Think about it, CD was nothing more than a spray tank, buffer and some pads....super low costs...now, $25,000 TM, Powerhead (their RX-20) and way more chemical costs...my local CD (and a lot of others) still use the spray/buff method and upsell the TM system...so if there's anything to bitch about CD's is now they're bait-n-switch scums. Just my .2 as an ex-CD chimp.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom