Mixed Reviews

Scott S.

Supportive Member
Name
Scott
Good post,

i myself have been eyeing up a zipper wand as it seems like it would save my arm some, because it stays on the floor and you move it with both hands in most situations. wet and dry pass in one stroke would benefit everyone who uses it.

Reactions: Desk Jockey

SamIam

Name
sam miller
I liked the floating Bristor zipper worked ok on a 20k sq ft church. Kind of a pita for residential. It's really like this you only have so much space on a truck what tool are you going to take off to carry it around when you need it???

It doesn't replace a wand it's more like a rotary your not edging and doing closets and tight spaces with it. I do see it drying faster with the two vac heads. Maybe someday when I have an extra 2k sitting around or maybe I'll get a crb?

In the mean time my hoss 360i 175 2 pc ti wands will have to do.

SamIam

Name
sam miller
Lastly I think a zipper would be a monster with a vortec AT massive heat and suck on really large commercial.

Guys with smaller machine won't see the benefit.

hogjowl

Idiot™
Good post,

i myself have been eyeing up a zipper wand as it seems like it would save my arm some, because it stays on the floor and you move it with both hands in most situations. wet and dry pass in one stroke would benefit everyone who uses it.
It doesn't quite work that way. Least not for me. You still end up using one hand. You have to cradle the hoses in one hand while PUSHING with the other. If you try to use both hands you are constantly fighting the hose drag and leg tangles. Don'; buy the Zipper thinking it's going to make your body aches stop. What it will do is make your production rate soar.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Gawwd you are working too hard. I use both hands on the handles while triggering. Hoses just work from one side of the room to the other. What the hell are you going to do when you get an RE.

Damn you're a baby!

I don't think a wand is needed at all if you're using a Zipper.

I liked the floating Bristor zipper worked ok on a 20k sq ft church
Never heard of that? Pictures?

Reactions: Steve Lawrence

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
I bet money your crew was standing there watching and managing the hoses for fear you'd hurt yourself.
Two weeks ago two tech's from the fire crew were going to run late to a 5:00 job. I took the truck to get setup and meet them. I wanted them to use the Zipper since it was cgd I get there get setup with the a high heat butler and was half way through when they call me to say they were on their way. Being that I was almost done I asked "What do I need you for now? I already have a butt hole."

I finished the job. Zipper and it was easy...cheezy. Hell you can't call that work. Zipper is the way to go. They told me the other day they felt guilty cleaning it was so easy at a residential job.

I don't get the hose hassle you speak of.
1-solution line 1- vac hose, its the standard setup even for a caveman wand. :winky:

Did I mention you're baby? ;)

hogjowl

Idiot™
I have a pharmacy to clean this afternoon. It is always filthy by the time they call. This will be the first time I use the Zipper on it. It normally takes me 2 hours to clean it and I make $450. I just KNOW they're going to bitch because it's only going to take me an hour!

Name
Nate W.
I have a pharmacy to clean this afternoon. It is always filthy by the time they call. This will be the first time I use the Zipper on it. It normally takes me 2 hours to clean it and I make $450. I just KNOW they're going to bitch because it's only going to take me an hour!

I'd do trade with the pharmacy..... :lol:

SamIam

Name
sam miller
Bristor bought a zipper from Erik and floated it around for a bunch of people to try. I had it a month he finally sold to a guy with a V who loves it I think

mwall2230

Name
Mike Wallace
20150818_165806.jpg
17.5 inch Zipper and 15.

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
I added up all of Richards posts and time taken on this board. No way he could possibly have any time to sneak out of the office, let alone work the Zipper.

His "experience" based comments should be regarded as mythological by nature.
A metaphor.

hogjowl

Idiot™
So, how did it go? Much faster? Did they complain?
It did not go as fast as it should have. My son is weird. Sometimes he cleans at a rate that is too fast. Sometimes he cleans at the proper rate. Sometimes he cleans like he's on psychedelic drugs. Last night it was the latter. I've learned not to attempt to speed him up unless it really matters, because he then goes into manic mode. Having said that, we cleaned the hell out that place with the 12 flow Zipper at 600 psi!

The owner was really happy. So was I.

If I had been on the Zipper, I would have been in an out of there in an hour. Instead, it took us an hour and a half. Which is really not too terrible.

TConway

Supportive Member
Name
Thomas Conway
Tomorrow it will be here....just in time for the sports bar on Saturday morning. I do this place and dry it as I go due to they open at 11:30 am. We have been cleaning this place for a couple of years now, takes about 1.5 hours to do with my wand so will see how it goes.

Name
Lee Stockwell
It did not go as fast as it should have. My son is weird. Sometimes he cleans at a rate that is too fast. Sometimes he cleans at the proper rate. Sometimes he cleans like he's on psychedelic drugs. Last night it was the latter. I've learned not to attempt to speed him up unless it really matters, because he then goes into manic mode. Having said that, we cleaned the hell out that place with the 12 flow Zipper at 600 psi!

The owner was really happy. So was I.

If I had been on the Zipper, I would have been in an out of there in an hour. Instead, it took us an hour and a half. Which is really not too terrible.
We do REALLY need to get him on MB!

jwfoulk12

Name
Justin Foulk
My take on the tools are first ya need a rotary, then a cimex, then a zipper, followed by a crb, and then a cx-15. But that is for me and my business. I can't say that my zipper has ever caused me to do a better job cleaning but it has really increased my production rates. On the other hand my rotary has definitely enabled me to do a better job cleaning. I have recently purchased a Vario, and while its not a tool i will use all the time it is definitely a tool that I am glad that i have it in my arsenal. Some tools enable me to clean faster, others enable me to clean better, but i wouldn't want to be without any of them.

TConway

Supportive Member
Name
Thomas Conway
!@#$ !@#$ !@#$ !@#$ UPS !!!! Left in Sac so now it wont be here till MONDAY UUUUUUGGGGGGG

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom