Mobile websites?

Connor

Name
Connor
What's your opinion about having a mobile website for mobile devices?

Do you think it's necessary to have one that is "optimized" for small screens or do you think that having a standard site that moves to fit mobile screens is better?

http://www.dudamobile.com/index.php

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Depends on the amount of activity needed or you expect to have on your site.

If they just need to read info and make a call then no.

If you need them to type in info.... and THEY actually feel like they need to...Then yes.

Like for my carpet cleaning site I wouldn't do a mobile site

But for my1pro.com it would be a good idea to make that one mobile because it needs customer interaction to be of any use.

Bob Foster

Yup. Its time soon so now is the time to Beta them. They should be hot in about a year and already are in some demos.

Connor

Name
Connor
What's funny is that I talked to a tech guy who said they were obsolete and the thing to have is a website that re-formats for whatever sized device you are using.....but I think that for a service business, especially emergency service, that a simplified mobile site might be ideal.

FredC

Village Idiot
the tech guy will be right in the end....responsive/html5 will be the way to go.

and it can be that simplified mobile site when viewed on a mobile device

still testing "other" things to see if one has other benefits

some of my sites use a service like mobify, others detection scripts that serve up the site in mobile format, some that redirect to a mobile version of the site, and the last few responsive

Connor

Name
Connor
FredC said:
the tech guy will be right in the end....responsive/html5 will be the way to go.

some of my sites use a service like mobify, others detection scripts that serve up the site in mobile format, some that redirect to a mobile version of the site, and the last few responsive

What do you think Fred, does a simpler reformatted mobile landing site get a better response than the all inclusive responsive site?

For example MikeyP hisowndamnself has a content heavy site, wouldn't a simpler mobile site reduce customers from bouncing right off his page?

FredC

Village Idiot
If I designed Mikeys site it wouldn't be so content heavy. !gotcha!

I believe in simple no matter the size of the device...

Just so everybody knows what responsive design is go here
http://www.kingshillcars.com/

resize your browser window to see what happens

Connor

Name
Connor
Yes, I've seen the responsive sites, but will the almighty Google give you a better rank if you have mobile too? That's the big question.

highsteam

Name
Alberto
I dont think google will modify your rank for having a mobile website. It is more for your customer convenience. Like having a push to call button.

Consider also that some phones dont use google as their primary search engine.

Connor

Name
Connor
You're right, some don't, but some is a very small number.

I don't know if google would boost rank,but they have that sort of power to manipulate and suggest.

Even thought Bing is standard install on some carriers, Android uses google and a lot of people are googler app users, even if they have to install it themselves.

Hoody

Supportive Member
Name
Steven Hoodlebrink
FredC said:

What's your thoughts on phpmobilizer?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom