Moisture problems in regular account. Opinions please

Jamesh921

Name
James
Or checked for a broken/cracked water line in the concrete sub-floor?

It's pretty crappy of them to fire you from this job when they haven't even determined where the problem is coming from.

If you can get a plumber in there, he may be able to find the problem.

Hoody

Supportive Member
Name
Steven Hoodlebrink
kmdineen said:
Not your fault, the surface temperature of the floor is falling below the dew point temperature of the air. This causes condensation (dehumidification of the air) on the floor.
1, decrease the amount of moisture (specific humidity) in the air to lower the dew point of the air.
and/or
2, Raise the temperature of the floor above the dew point of the air.
See IICRC S500 third edition, page 126

Bingo!!!!

mirf

Supportive Member
Name
David Mirfin
I think you a slab leak is also possible. could even be a water line running in the floor has broken.

Name
Lee Stockwell
I remember one time a doctor's wife called all angry because her carpet was soaked in one room after we cleaned her house.

Her water heater was leaking...badly.

We dried it out for free, as the rather dense doll couldn't separate the two incidents in her blonde brain.

However I refused to replace her water heater.

Name
BradFenstermaker
Checked the place this morning and it was bone dry. Had to drop key and bill off :(

Air was at 69 fan set to on.

Friend called and said van there cleaning last nite. Had to be doing just back section of restaruant. Only there about 45 mins. 500 sqft max.

Carpet cool to touch but no beeps out of hydro sensor.

TOO weird for me. Maybe they sprayed something down before I arrived yesterday.

No fans where left overnite that I could see.

Name
BradFenstermaker
No hairballs, other company had left no fans.

Maybe they post sprayed bug juice or something the morning after I cleaned.

My truck is working as it should or ALL THE OTHER JOBS WOOD HAVE DRYN PROBS TOO.

FredC

Village Idiot
That sucks Brad.....

I've followed this since the start.

I'm going with the cooling/condensation/dew point theory. Especially given the glue down on concrete ( no insulator).

I wouldn't have even posted except as a "local" there was a SIGNIFICANT change in weather on the night your competitor cleaned. I say local but I can't be sure as I am in douglasville/villa rica which is quite a bit south. I'd imagine it was even more significant in your area.

I thought about this sitting by the pool thinking "man it is nice/cool"

Good luck explaining actual science in the "bible "/"minimum education belt" though.................

EDIT:since I already received a message (WTF is giving out my "hotline" email?) as to the possible offensive nature of my statement...... to the asshats that will take offense to my bible/education belt statement....just compare test results/ education scores against the following:

http://www.gallup.com/poll/114022/state ... igion.aspx

of course you are probably from "there".....so you can't........................

Cheers,
Fred

FredC

Village Idiot
Edit two...

since someone was feeling froggy and made the GA is almost last quip (congrats on being anon)..........................I'm from SC who IS LAST in education...............I'm from the "imported" section though......the dumbasses that bring us all down are in Greenville

S

sam miller

FredC said:
Edit two...

since someone was feeling froggy and made the GA is almost last quip (congrats on being anon)..........................I'm from SC who IS LAST in education...............I'm from the "imported" section though......the dumbasses that bring us all down are in Greenville

Does the poll on education include public school only or our homeschoolers included in that figure??? And why would anybody take offense its only an opinion!

FredC

Village Idiot
I don't know...nor do I have the desire to check...................

edit: too much of a thread jack

Pmatte

Name
Patrick Matte
You ever thought that maybe someone connected with the file cleaning and an employee maybe were in cohootz? Sabotage? Kind of strange that a new cleaner was in there with no issues?..... After all the issues you had..... seems a little too coincidental.

Name
BradFenstermaker
Patrick I have thought about that possiblilty. New GM took over 2 mths ago probably. Since then some odor issues have come up. Then the drying.

Why not just flat out fire me or ask to match a bid? He has the power to do that. The other way is to complicated I think.

I will check in on them in a few weeks.

Thanks Everyone

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom