More Unloader Valve PROblems

chadb

Sorry to keep bugging everyone with unloader valve questions, but got another problem. Attempted to fix mine yesterday but as usual ran into several problems. Ordered a new general zkhm unloader valve identical to the one on the machine, or so i thought. the old one had some threads machined on so it could be mouted to my machine that i didnt see until i got the old one off. anyway i took both apart and swapped the parts which were identical. put back together and mounted but now cant get any water to come out. not sure if ive just got air trapped or not but cant get any water at all. also when i screwed the pressure adjusting knob back on, it doesnt feel like it has any adjustment to it. not sure if that makes sense. there are no springs under this knob like most, it is full of washers. it doesnt have a screw holding it on, the whole knob twists off to remove it. but when i put it back on it just screwed on flush and there is no adjustment left in it. does it have to have water pressure to feel right. pretty sure it didnt before. I dunno what ive did. thought this would be really simple and probably should have been but now i'm stuck and having to cancel jobs. If anybody has any advice would be much appreciated

Able 1

Name
Keith
Are you sure your demand pump is primed? It won't feel right without pressure..

chadb

I'm getting water to the pump. Dont think I have a demand pump if u mean an electric pump feeding the water pump

Back
Top Bottom